border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-04, 04:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Have to agree with everyone here! I have one on my calf and another on my ankle and neither really hurt, feels kinda annoying. I also want another, I want to cover the rose on my left ankle with the head of a BP with the body coiling up around to my knee, BP's being my fav snake. Look around and find a good place though, lots of bad ones out there.
Old 09-15-04, 04:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sassmuffin
Not sure if you've already said, but where do you plan on getting it?
Old 09-15-04, 06:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to capsicum Send a message via Yahoo to capsicum
Well, I'm not actually sure where to get it nor how large. If I get something smaller, I will probably get this larger someplace, just not sure where lol.

I am thinking of probably BO on my left shoulder (where I can sort of see it, I really don't want something that I can't see, lol). And maybe a snake of some sort on my other arm. Of course I have a huge list that I would actually like, but finding a spot for each can be a challenge, lol.

TK
Old 09-15-04, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

that's a pretty cool dragon...good work. I've also got a date with Dr.Prick!! I have 3 mths to go on the wait list but I'm glad I've got a guy with an amazing rep and resume to cut me up !!! lol....I can say 1 thing...(if it's any pain like getting a piercing - some spots are worse than others, I know)...than BRING IT!!!!

SHUT UP JonD!!!! lol
Old 09-16-04, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks I am going to bring my pic to a local guy, actually 2 local guys, who are pretty talented. I'll see if either can work their magic on it, and let me know if it is possible. They both love a challenge, so maybe this will be worth it lol.

I think my first will be BO though, since it is something I have wanted for a while, lol. Then I can get the courage to get large more lavish tattoos Of course, hubby is anti-tattoo, but hey, it's not like I am tattooing anyone's (re: ex) name on my butt, lol!

TK
Login to remove ads
Old 09-16-04, 12:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

I've been poking myself with insulin needles over the past twenty years and also have a few tattoos. Insulin shots hurt worse but they're not all that bad either. I agree with marisa, it all depends on what part of your body you're gonna have it done. It can also depend on how good the artist is. Experience makes all the difference. If the dragon is what you want then by all means "gitterdone"!
Old 09-16-04, 01:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ladyluck
They say women have a way higher pain threshold too. I dont know how much merrit there is behind that, but it seems to be the concensus.
Old 09-16-04, 01:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

i'd like to see ladyluck uh--i mean kurtis--go through childbirth. lol
Old 09-16-04, 02:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
Don't worry too much about the pain related to tattoos. I have 6, and I must say the worst one pain-wise was the one I have on my stomach. For the most part, the outline is the worst, and the shading is almost a relief. I at one point was afraid of needles, and getting my first one really helped me get over that fear. Now, they're an addiction, yet another expensive hobby aside from my herps. *L* I also find them, in a sense, to be rather relaxing.

That is a REALLY awesome drawing by the way; that would look pretty good on an upper arm in my opinion. Plus, getting your first one on the arm always seems better for people, as it tends to hurt less. I'm an absolute dragon FANATIC, so, I'll be getting plenty more of the creatures inked on me soon.

Everyone is different in how they react to getting tattooed, hopefully yours is a pleasant experience. Good luck!
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens
Old 09-16-04, 03:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

I agree--the tattoo I have on my stomach by far was the worst. ((worse than my fingers --i must admit) There is also alot of pointillism in the design so it was little individual stings felt like a hornet. It took about two hours to complete and at one point I felt like I was going to hurl. But I got that piece in San Francisco by female artist who I had read about so it was worth every ouchie.

BUT overall tattoos really aren't that painful. I LOVE the healing process.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-16-04, 04:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

The more people say how easy theirs were, the more I am wanting to get this done Thanks!

I also appreciate all the kind words about my drawing I felt that was a significant piece of work for me, it was one of the first pieces I did without using something for refference (I have many other pieces that were done using a picture, object, or other for refference).

I also have a Am Staff pic that I drew that I would love to have done I will post that pic as soon as I get it downloaded onto the computer (It's in a scrapbook that I have from when I was working at the SPCA).

TK
Old 09-16-04, 05:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

I like your drawing too! Be sure to post the other one when you can.

chowchow

tree
Closed Thread