border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-04, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

get real kury. the people who run the toronto film fetival didnt do anything to be tortured for. The three people who did it deserve it. I think its sick but if the film festival shows it or not, I dont really care it is not going to change what happend.
Old 09-10-04, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Kury
No, it's not going to change what happened. But showing it as a work of "art" is pretty crude...

On the other hand, it will get it into the public. Which could be a good thing.

And your right, they don't deserve to be tortured. I wasn't really thinking when I wrote that... I was kinda upset.
Old 09-10-04, 06:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to chappy Send a message via MSN to chappy
As far as I have heard and seen on TV, there is NO footage of the video these three teens made.. This is a documentary with ZERO footage being used from the original video....
Old 09-10-04, 06:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Enter
karmas a bitch it will get them one day they will get attacked by a cat and the scracthes will get infested and they will, well i dunno
Old 09-10-04, 07:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

All I can do is just cry. I remember when that whole story hit the news a few years back.

The video of Kensington is not being shown per se, but a film where cats have their insides taken out and worn as hats is shown. Which is also pretty disgusting, if the cats weren't put down in a humane way.

I feel really sorry for the owners of Kensington. Even years after their pet is tortured they must endure the fact coming up again and again.
Old 09-10-04, 07:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

I think these people deserve to be skinned alive and cooked alive! This is messed up ****! If you want art draw something, or show images from other people doing this kind of crap whle making a story and a movie! Cows and chickens are killed fast... Heads off, good bye they are dead. They may run around or twitch but they are still dead. there is not really much if any suffering as they are fed really well. But skinning alive would make me want to throw up, cry, cause chaos to the people who did this, and want to do more bad things. if I were a cat and saw a movie like this I would make sure my paws were full of disease, virus, and infections and claw the crap out of them.
Old 09-10-04, 11:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Some day I believe a bigger smarter species or a large group of small more intelligent animals will be doing this to us. Or aliens... We will be the next meat of the world.
Old 09-11-04, 12:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Here in Winnipeg, a couple years ago, some artist lady strung up a bunch of dead rabbits in her back yard, and it received notoriety as a "work of art." (I think its ridiculous)

One thing about the article cited, is that the claim is never made whether or not the documentary supports or opposes the actions of these disguting kids. Although it does show an equally disgusting "performance art" piece of making cat hats (i also love the way that the author of the article seems to be making fun of certain kinds of "art", which is just some sick way of passing the buck - imagine what the makers of the hat video were thinking - "Oh, la te da, i just filmed myself killing cats and making them into hats, I'm not a sick piece of sh*t, oh no! I'm an......ARTIST" - seriously, give me a bloody break).
Old 09-11-04, 12:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to daver676
I'd like to meet them just once. :hammer:

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn. We ****ed up!"
Old 09-11-04, 12:41 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Artemis
I agree that animals are indeed killed in inhumane ways for fashion and food
Really? How are they killed?? It's a good idea to have some knowledge on the topic, or at least the benefit of a google search, before you post.

I believe that this kind of uneducated fanaticism is unacceptable in any arena. I'm certain that some people do have genuine arguments against food animal production but far too many choose to blindly call it 'inhumane' and wait for the naive masses to rally behind them.

I work in a 'hog factory' (I normally call it a barn) and buy my meat from butcher; I have yet to see or hear of anything in either place that I would consider inhumane.

Incidents such as the infamous KFC 'stampings' are no doubt incredibly rare (and performed by employees of a KFC supplier, independent of KFC). Dumb-asses akin to those guilty in this case exist in every forum of society; unfortunately in this case they were given some responsibility beyond wrapping 'burgers at McDonalds or mopping floors at Walmart. As a result the entire agricultural industry has suffered.

Of 2000 or so pigs at 3 barns in which I work none have been skinned, disemboweled, beaten, abandoned or dragged under a pick-up truck; yet somehow food producers seem to be labeled as the cruel and sadistic masterminds of animal cruelty while pet producers receive no ill effects. Really, neither industry should be impacted as a result of these dumb-asses; I feel the same way about the reptile industry and it's less responsible members.

This post is a response to a pervasive attitude I've noticed recently and is not directed solely at Artemis; certainly it is not meant as a personal assault.

Cam Hanna

Last edited by CamHanna; 09-11-04 at 12:44 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-11-04, 01:02 AM   #26 (permalink)

my mother did a project when she was in college a few years ago about farm animal cruelty and it was definately despicable. i've had a couple friends who have worked at turkey farms also. what they do to those animals is just as cruel, though it is still a means to a useful end. i've seen videos of pigs getting beaten to death with crowbars. and my friends were the low paid people who bludgeoned turkeys to death and threw them in a pile in the corner of a room while they bled to death. most are kept in appauling conditions (veal anyone?). so yeah, it's just as cruel, but at least we can say there's a reason, and they're never raised to think they're loved or that they're anything other than food. at least they shouldn't have a sense of betrayal while this is happening.
and i mean lions don't worry that they hurt the antelope they hunt and eat. you'll never see a lion with a sign, protesting the other lions hunting and killing zebras. meat eaters eat meat, thats life. but to kill a cat that was born for no other reason than to be a companion and loved pet and to love people, thats horrible and downright evil.

on a side note: anyone ever watch "animal cops" on animal planet, it's all about things like this. it's an awesome show, but really unbearable to watch sometimes.

Last edited by emilsmee; 09-11-04 at 01:06 AM..
Old 09-11-04, 03:26 AM   #27 (permalink)

emilsmee, What ever your mom did her project on must have been out of date. Ihave seen animal slaughter houses (their is no nice way to put it) and they are so scared of tree hugging people jumping up their A holes that they do everything in their power to make it "acceptable" . I dont agree with this cat slaughter bs, but dont bring in your moms 15 year old project when you dont really know what your talking about. I live in rural Alberta, best farmland in Canada I have seen It all and they do try to make It painless for the animal, beleive it or not
Old 09-11-04, 06:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

This really has nothing to do with farming and slaughtering animals for food. It boils down to 3 sick F#%ks who get off on torture. Those are the types of people who become serial killers later in life.

As soon as things like this are labeled as art people think it's more important to protect it from censorship...rights and all that. That sort of thing isn't art, those people aren't artists and the whole thing makes me sick!

And before someone says it's the same thing (killing animals any way) it's not. I have slaughtered hogs, I take deer and turkeys in season, all of them are dead in seconds, that cat SUFFERED, farm animals don't. The difference is the people who slaughter farm animals don't get off on watching them die.

Last edited by DiamondDave; 09-11-04 at 06:12 AM..
Old 09-11-04, 07:06 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to spidergecko
Quote:
Originally posted by CamHanna
Really? How are they killed?? It's a good idea to have some knowledge on the topic, or at least the benefit of a google search, before you post.
Here are some videos of animals being killed inhumanely. PeTA has a number of videos available to view; whether you agree with the organisation or not. Do they focus on the rare cases? Sure, but the cat killing was pretty rare, too.

I had some great undercover VHS videos from the ALF (nasty stuff) but I got rid of those years ago; some VERY upsetting images of farming but most were from medical labs.

I believe Artemis meant to say, "I agree that [some] animals are indeed killed in inhumane ways for fashion and food."

Trapping:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video....=wm&speed=_med

Infamous KFC:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video....=wm&speed=_med

Here is an investigation the PeTA did on hog farms:
http://www.peta.org/feat/invest/indexold.html

I wanted to link the fox-fur farm video but I can't find it. Anyway, it's a little too disturbing, even for me. The electrocution really bothers me.
Old 09-11-04, 07:24 AM   #30 (permalink)

It's one thing to attack the TIFF for showing it, but what school are these guys making the project for?
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread