sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-04, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to capsicum Send a message via Yahoo to capsicum
Cats or Dogs?

Just curious how many people here are cat people as opposed to dog people? Or are you both?

I personally love both, have 3 cats (we are getting a male kitten in a couple of months), and 1 dog. I am also on a waiting list for 2 show-quality boxers (male first, female second).

What about you?

TK
Login to remove ads
Old 08-24-04, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Well my roomates are cat people, I am a dog person.

My roomates always say they cant believe i like my dog since she needs me to let her out to go to the bathroom, fed her etc,,,,,where as their cats do this on their own so they feel they are more self reliant. But my point is how self reliant and independant is an animal who takes a crap IN your house? LOL I find that to be a HUGE turn off towards cats personally.....and I prefer a animal who actually seems to appareciate walks, car trips, playing fetch etc.....sometimes our cats don't even want to be pet.

In the end, its a personal preferance for sure, and one is not better over the other. Good luck with your new dogs!

Marisa
Old 08-24-04, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by marisa
In the end, its a personal preferance for sure, and one is not better over the other. Good luck with your new dogs!

Marisa
Thanks Marisa! This will be my first time owning pure bred dogs, although I have worked with them often I am really looking forward to working with and training these puppers

TK
Old 08-24-04, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to JonD
Cats stink, I have not met many people that empty the litter box daily. Plus some spray around the house (yes even if they are neutered or whatever)

Love dogs, can't wait to get another soon...Probably a Rodesian Ridgeback

Fox has one of those new reality shows at eight, 'Fast animals, slow children
Old 08-24-04, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm a cat people, Im 4 hrs away from my cat right now, and i know she is dying to see me, she would follow me around the house, just to jumo into my lap whenever i sat down, I miss you cookie! ARG too bad we cant have pets in dorms
Old 08-24-04, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

Marisa
Thanks Marisa! This will be my first time owning pure bred dogs, although I have worked with them often I am really looking forward to working with and training these puppers

TK
Old 08-24-04, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I like dogs..... I'm allergic to cats but I like them...but for I'd rather have a dog
Old 08-24-04, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
I am hands down, 100% a dog person. Dogs like to play, they are sensitive, intuitive, emotional, and interactive pets. This doesn't mean I don't like cats... but let's say I haven't owned one since the last one ate some of my pricier fat-tailed geckos (I was so devestated that I never got another fat-tail again... I paid almost $200.00 for an extremely unique pair). Of course, the cat didn't know any better (or did he?) but I won't bother finding how smart the next one is. Not to say the one I had wasn't smart, because he could open doors, a skill I learned about a little too late... Anyways, off subject there...

I love my dog and I wouldn't trade her for anything... especially not a cat... LOL =)
Old 08-24-04, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Neither.

I used to have cats and dogs growing up but when I was about 17, I became allergic to them. Since avoiding them for about the last decade, I have lost my desire to have either. Even if my allergies could tolerate one in my house, I wouldn't get one.

But if I had to vote, I would vote cat. They're less work.
Old 08-24-04, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to spidergecko
Quote:
But my point is how self reliant and independant is an animal who takes a crap IN your house? LOL
??? People crap in their house. We use a toilet, the cat uses a box. If you set up fully functioning, flushable toilet for your cat he would probably use it (as long as it didn't scare him).

But more interestingly, a HUGE turn off for me is that dogs drink OUT of the toilet I crap in.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-24-04, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Cats make my eyes itchy!!!

Aaron
Old 08-24-04, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mathaldo Send a message via MSN to mathaldo Send a message via Yahoo to mathaldo
I'm allergic to both, but I prefer dogs way more than cats.
Old 08-24-04, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
"But more interestingly, a HUGE turn off for me is that dogs drink OUT of the toilet I crap in"

That is more than simple to avoid. Close the lid. Done and done. Dogs prefer toliets because people do not refresh dog bowls often enough, where as the toliet is flushed and has fresh water everyday. Since I started giving my dogs water bowl a quick rinse each and every morning, she tries to get water from the toliet a lot less.

Marisa
Old 08-24-04, 04:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Genius

I prefer dogs, and quite honestly, have almost no interest in cats at all. Aside from being allergic to them, their independance as an animal is not my cup of tea. I prefer to love, and be loved by my two favorite girls:
Willow, our 2.5 year old chocolate lab, the love of my life, the greatest dog I've ever owned, by far.

And Kayla, our newest almost 8 year old black lab. We just picked her up for the K-W Humane Society a week ago where she had been turned in by her family because she had developed "expensive allergies". How anyone could turn this sweetheart in at almost 8 years of age, is beyond me. My Tania and I were dropping off some donations at the HS and we decided to take a look at the dogs, as we always do, and Kayla was the only dog not jumping up on the glass and barking when you walked by. She just sat there, completely heartbroken that her family didn't love her anymore. Needless to say, she became the newest member of our family that day. She has settled in nicely and Willow and her get along great. Here is a pic of her in my "Room" checkin' things out.

Last edited by mykee; 08-24-04 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-24-04, 04:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mykee: I was looking through your gallery the other day and saw all the pics of Willow, she's a gorgeous dog and looks like she'd be a riot to be around!!

Kayla is a very nice looking girl as well. Like you said, I don't understand how people can give up on dogs, especially at an older age.. I think about that everyday when I play with my girl, I have no idea how anyone could have given up on her..

Good job man, wish there were more people like you around!! :thumbsup:
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread