border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-04, 08:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

Rikki, I think that people think your a little too 'cocky', a lot of the people reading this thread will have more experience than you (perhaps by decades, they may evan do this kind of thing proffesionally), and will undoubtidly know people more experienced than them. Here we have a 14 year old 'kid', with what some more experienced herpers would consider little experience, apparently (sp, notice I said apparently, don't hate me )trying to pass themselves off as an expert. I'm sure you can see how some people might be offended.
Old 08-14-04, 08:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to bistrobob85
Wow, Rikki aint to cocky. The only sad thing is that he is 14 and ( unless he does have AMAZING food and room ressources ) will probably end giving his animal up. Stats prove that about 10% of them get tamed up, the others are potentially dangerous monitors... In comparison, it is a little like if i gave my youngest sister ( 12 years old ) a baby yellow anaconda for her birthday this month... I don't know if you understand what would be sad about it...

phil.
Old 08-14-04, 08:29 PM   #48 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to dank7oo
This has just turned into a bash Rikki session hasn't it?

Jason
Old 08-14-04, 08:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Super Genius

Actually, it's more of a bash "unsubstantiated, obvious inexperience cloaked under know-it-all". IMO.
Old 08-14-04, 08:38 PM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to dank7oo
In that case .. carry on (just maybe be a little easier on Rikki? We all were new at one point or another)

Jason
Old 08-14-04, 08:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Rikki Send a message via Yahoo to Rikki
You know nothing about the situation yet you act as you do. We have a reptile room in my house, my mom and dad own the pet shop where i work. I make $100 a week enough to feed my animals and take care of them.... My animals are in excellent condition, i never said i was more expirienced than any of you! I know im not! Though i do have alot of expirience with reptiles, thats nothing wrong.....

And i dont see why anyone would call my cocky after the way you are treating me. What did i do to diserve this treatment? I havnt been rude to a single one of you, i love this place sooo much and i dont want certain members to ruin this for me becuase i am expirienced with reptiles.

Last edited by Rikki; 08-14-04 at 08:49 PM..
Old 08-14-04, 08:54 PM   #52 (permalink)

Now you guys have done it. I hate it when you make me do the mod thing. People need to get more contructive and stop the attacking/picking on or this thread is history. You get more flies with honey remember.
Cheers,
Trevor
Old 08-14-04, 08:56 PM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to stha4 Send a message via MSN to stha4
Well ill admit....I've been around reptiles my whole life but still consider myself not even close to bein a pro. It's good that you r interested in adopting tho cuz alot of reps dont get adopted out and even tho they might be old and you might pay more for them its well worth the effort even if they do pass away in a yr as long as they have a great year with you.Theres nothing worse than an animal geting adopted out only to be neglected even more.I know im only 13 but i try to learn new things about all animals to TRY and get exsperience with them and if i could work in a pet shop I would. Cant everyone be alil more easy on him hes trying to do a good deed and help an animal not hurt it......thats why hes on this website is to learn more(thats y i am). I do respect what everyone is saying an I know for sure alot of yall know a heck of alot more than i do.
Old 08-14-04, 08:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the kind words, finally someone who understands
Old 08-14-04, 09:23 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by CamHanna
Rikki, I think that people think your a little too 'cocky'
I was trying to help Rikki understand why people contested his proclamations of experience but I also started the direct, personal insults and I think I should apologize to Trevor for 'making him do the mod thing', but especially to Rikki for stepping so far beyond the realm of constructive advice.

Sorry,
Cam Hanna

*Edit*
Yikes, a 51 word sentence.

Last edited by CamHanna; 08-14-04 at 09:38 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 08-14-04, 09:25 PM   #56 (permalink)

no problem rikki! i know what its like when people think you have no exsperience to tell you the truth (my opion) I think everyone who owns a reptile has a lil exsperience(if they take good care of them that is).
Old 08-14-04, 09:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

No worries everyone, i know you were thinking for the herps sake. There all in great shape and will stay that way for a loooooonnnggg time
Old 08-14-04, 11:34 PM   #58 (permalink)

Yea....PM me sumtime! Lemme kno whats goin on.
Old 08-14-04, 11:50 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Me?
Old 08-15-04, 12:17 AM   #60 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to bistrobob85
yeah, she's talking to you, pal. as i was saying, we've had this thread about ''experience people'' before and i don't want to start it over. You've got yourself a pretty nile monitor and if your parents own the petshop, they probably know what you've bought and will help you with it. In fact, i am pretty much worrying about the nile monitor's future, but if you truly have the room and cash to feed a huge monitor, thats your responsibility. If i'm being hard on you, it is because statistically speaking, almost NO 14 years old would be able to take care of a mature nile, but if you have nice resources and are able to do the job, well my compliments...

Trevor, i just want to tell you that i dont need more flyes than i already have!!! Still, i think you might understand what i'm worried about. No offense to anyone, everybody keep making up their own strawberry jello ( sooooooo tasty!!! ).

phil.
Closed Thread