border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-04, 12:43 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blueeheeler
3 out of 3 here. Married...mom...herper. Blueeheeler
Old 06-21-04, 01:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

I've turn my girlfriend into a quazi-Herper. hates' snakes though.....DAMB!!!! and she seems to think that my soon to be purchased beardie is "our" beardie..... except I will pay/care/feed the little guy..... Women, go figure.
Old 06-21-04, 02:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Kimbits
the guy i'm seeing is afraid of lizards and terrified of snakes. awh but he's still a cutie, and i'm working on fixing that.
Old 06-21-04, 03:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

i am a young female herper. every guy i have ever dated was either terrified/grossed out by my animals (especially the big snakes), or was like "you like reptiles, so you're insane, but we can work around that."
Old 06-21-04, 03:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to python_diva_06 Send a message via Yahoo to python_diva_06
all the guys i'v dated have been pretty much cool with it...the only people who have problems with it are my 2 best female friends and my best friend, who's a guy...lol

ssssoon to come...albino burmese python (2 days and counting)
Login to remove ads
Old 06-21-04, 03:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by LISA127
if you think single female herpers are few and far between, try married mom's who are herper's. i'm the only one i know of around here!
I'm a married mom herper here in California
Old 06-21-04, 03:57 PM   #37 (permalink)

Roy, very interesting your theory.

Vanan and I met b/c of herps and it seems we stay together b/c of herps!! There's been some darn rocky times however, but we're over three years now.

Why exactly do you believe herper couples burn out? B/c of finaces? Squables?? Should I dump Vanan find myself a rich non herper boy and live in paradise? <laugh>

Actually, I can't imagine it any other way now. We talk "shop" a lot, but we have so many other varied interests. Plus we're pretty darn seperate. Seperate collections, seperate herp food bills , seperate computers, heck we pay our food seperately. There is only one thing we share, and that's one bank acct (we have our own bank accts in different banks), which I don't even use! Just today we decided that "our" third cat belongs to Vanan. We don't even touch each other snakes or open containers or feed.

I think that's the key though. We have long since drawn the line on what's mine is mine and what's his is his.

Sorry to hijack. I've just found it interesting how many herper couples DON'T seperate their collections.
Old 06-21-04, 03:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thegeckoteam Send a message via Yahoo to thegeckoteam
I'm a mother to 6 and love herps!! Not so weird, I think. My kids love it!!
Old 06-21-04, 07:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
katey and i share our collection though you can see the snakes she picked and the ones i picked are quite different...

May you live in interesting times.
Old 06-21-04, 08:46 PM   #40 (permalink)

I'm young, female, herper, and with a non herper (converting).
Old 06-21-04, 09:42 PM   #41 (permalink)

There are alot more female herpers now than when i first got involved in this craziness back in the 60's and 70's. Trust me there were none. Come to think of it,there were hardly any herpers period. I personally now know quite a few female herpers and I think its great. Where were you 30 years ago? An Oldtimer
Old 06-21-04, 10:03 PM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to python_diva_06 Send a message via Yahoo to python_diva_06
i wasn't born 30 year's ago... but if i was i would have still so been in into the whole herp scene!

ssssoon to come...albino burmese python (2 days and counting)
Old 06-21-04, 10:06 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to VooDooMafia
well I wouldn't say there weren't that many herpers, its just it wasn't so public as it is now.

It was sortof an underground thing back then. I can think of at least a dozen female herpers that have been around for along time you just never met them or heard of them unless you were at one of teh herp parties/BBQ's
Old 06-21-04, 10:31 PM   #44 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ChristinaM
Well, I would be married if he'd pop the question ( common law ), female, mom of 2........my partner is a NON-herper in every sense of the word.
Old 06-22-04, 05:25 PM   #45 (permalink)

Ive been around this hobby now for quite some time i suppose, and ive been to lots and lots of shows, had the chance to meet lots of members whether live or in chat or just here on the forums...and there is an abundance of single herper girls, single herper boys etc. I think if you want to find them...you have to physically get off your p.c. and go and look. Hit the shows, meet the ppl you talk to on here everyday...it wont take long. Im not sure if i agree with Katt's mental picture of most herper girls but i have met a few that are out there lol. Most of them are great however and im a fan of anyone who loves and cares for animals...i think its a great quality...ever tried to date someone who doesn't like animals!!! Roy, i have to agree with your conclusions on ppl dating each other in the hobby...i find the exact same thing with the majority of relationships ive seen happen over the years on here.....maybe thats another reason i have no herps :P But seriously....for those who want to meet and get to know someone such as a single herper chick or dude i have two words for you.....CHAT ROOM!!!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread