border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-04, 11:03 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sketchy4
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul_Reaper
Ok call me stupid but, what exactly is so evil about sliding down slopes with penguins or swimming around with some curious whales?

I mean, if i could i would do it too...
exactly
www.mowermusic.com
:eb:
Old 06-15-04, 11:28 AM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to blazinreps Send a message via MSN to blazinreps
I dont think he should be charged. its kind of riciculous i honestly dont see what harm he did. its not like he jumped on the whale and rode it of tryed to wrestle the seal. i dont see any harm done. and to anouther post yes irwin is kind of a joker he has a sense of humor and i dont see anythin wrong with it he does know alot about animals and does teach people alot. I dont see y so many ppl are against him hes not the only person that does what he does yet he always gets focused on and blamed.
Old 06-15-04, 12:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
As much as I enjoy his edutainment, he should definately be fined big time. Just because he's a celebrity and allegedly educates while he entertains, doesn't mean that he can be disrespectful of the laws in place to protect the animals he supposedly loves so much. By breaking those laws it tarnishes his image and more importantly the message he is supposedly trying to pass on. By his celeb status he gained permission to be there in the first place and he abused that. Period. What's the harm? Look at it this way, I do a lot of educational presentations for guides and scouts. Just because I do good things with my reptiles doesn't mean that I should be allowed to go out and collect indiginous species like Hertrodon and not be accountable. After all they're not indangered. What's the harm. If you truly respect the animal, you respect and support the laws created to protect it.
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com
Old 06-15-04, 02:18 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to meow_mix450
lets just say that hes not a celeb, and imo hes not, to me he's a normal guy doing what he loves, he was born and raised with crocs and reptiles, his father did dangerous acts, i personally dont see whats wrong with that. But hes not a celeb to me.

Lets just say a guy was going to Antartica to study peguins and seals, but 2 whales suddenly approched, should this guy be charged? No cause he didnt do anything, the whales came up to him. They should give him a warning.

Can anyone find this video?

Meow
1.0 Jackson Chameleon
Old 06-15-04, 02:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
The Leopard seals, penguins and whales all came up to him then invited him to touch them? HAHAHA Yeah o.k.

This guy deserves exactly what you and I would get. Punishment. Period. He BROKE a LAW. What does that mean? It means face up to the consequences. I can't even believe some of you have no concept of the Antartic and the reasons these laws are in place. Its crazy.

Marisa
Login to remove ads
Old 06-15-04, 02:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Interesting link about your beloved Steve Irwin....

http://www.caller2.com/2001/june/29/...ente/3986.html

Looks like people in his native land are even tired of his crap. This was only one article as well. There were many many others. He needs to be responsible for what he did.

This is another good article.
http://outside.away.com/magazine/1197/9711out.html

Marisa

Last edited by marisa; 06-15-04 at 02:44 PM..
Old 06-15-04, 02:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

Come to think of it everyone has broken the law, Everyday we use our cars and the amount of green house gas's we give off. We didnt really break the law but contruibed. Every year our polar ice cap is melting away. Indeed it is very fragile. What about people who take there ships there and take a chuck out of an ice burg for fresh clean water......

Did you think Steve Irwin went there without permission, that would have been pretty stupid. I do not know if he did or did not, but i assume he did. So was Steve there to hunt the whales down so he could have a swim with him? Come on.......No one here is really right or wrong, everyones got there own opinion. It would help a lot if they released a video.

Meow
1.0 Jackson Chameleon
Old 06-15-04, 04:03 PM   #38 (permalink)

the man is just tryin to inform us about the beautiful creatures of antarctica. plain and simple and by no meens does he mean any harm. but youve gotta look at it like this. our enviornments are being destroyed everyday. as stupid as it sounds all laws need to be followed to show the seriousness of earth safety. steve is just being used as an example of how serious enviornmental laws need to be taken in order to preserve or planet.

my 2 cents

adam

Breeding Next Year
1.1 Spilotes pullatus
1.1 Corallus hortulanus

looking into amazon bird eating snakes too!!!!!
Old 06-15-04, 04:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

o.k i can understand that, i bet thats wut a lot of people re trying to say, i agree

Meow
1.0 Jackson Chameleon
Old 06-15-04, 04:37 PM   #40 (permalink)

not to mention that due to antarcitca being such a cold climate there are very few species. this makes the ecosystems there alot more sensitive to human interaction. but on the other hand it is because we choose to seperate ourselves from nature that these problems arise. we took humans from nature and put them under economy. therefore we look at nature seperatly and act like the damage we do to it wont effect us. well we r all wrong. steve was just enjoying the nature the way it should be enjoyed. he was playing with animals and not harming them at all. but too much damage has been done to enviornments and the laws set have to be followed no matter what. what im tryin to get at is... i dont think steve was doing anything really wrong, but i do believe he should be punished

lol

i know its confusing, im still tryin to wrap my head around it

my 2 cents

adam

Breeding Next Year
1.1 Spilotes pullatus
1.1 Corallus hortulanus

Login to remove ads
Old 06-15-04, 05:33 PM   #41 (permalink)

ur taking both sides, he should be punished but he wasnt there to do any harm, ya i can understand

Meow
1.0 Jackson Chameleon
Old 06-15-04, 05:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

im talkin so much **** my breath stanks... but i stick by wut i said

Breeding Next Year
1.1 Spilotes pullatus
1.1 Corallus hortulanus

Old 06-15-04, 05:51 PM   #43 (permalink)

i was doing some reserach about this investigation and what i have found out is that most of these sites are from the australian...This shows people there dont like him

Meow
1.0 Jackson Chameleon
Old 06-15-04, 08:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to M_surinamensis
Marisa... GREAT links.
Old 06-15-04, 10:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
hhw

Well, I think he should get off on a warning, but write a big fat check to some Antarctic wildlife fund.

My impression of him now after reading those articles is that he's an exaggerater, but not enough so to call him a fake. What guy doesn't exaggerate about his adventures anyway? He makes his living off of exaggerations so it's only natural that he does it more than your average guy. All in all, I think he does more good than harm for wildlife conservation so he has my support. Nobody's perfect, and put in the same spot, how many of us wouldn't get a swelled head?
Closed Thread