border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-04, 05:36 PM   #46 (permalink)

Terri...I agree with Walter, try the same building for the next show, then re--think about a bigger building for 2006. Have a great week-end..maybe Henry will take you somewhere nice...I know the kids are away!!!!!! Andrea.
Old 07-09-04, 06:13 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to David Kwok Send a message via MSN to David Kwok Send a message via Yahoo to David Kwok
How about moving the show a bit closer to Vancouver

Dave
Old 07-10-04, 12:03 AM   #48 (permalink)

Okay ... I think this warrants coming out of my ssnakess seclusion .. lol. This show was fantastic .... well posted, well advertised, lots of customers , and even lunch ... I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Quote:
Hey! ... it was really nice to have a show in our neighborhood for once .. lol .... I think it's fine right where it is (sorry David .. lol)

Oh ... and I want to encourage that trend to compete for the best food served ... hehe.

Keith H
Safe_Havens
Old 07-10-04, 12:43 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quervo, nice to see you come out of sSnakeSs.com retirement!
Old 07-10-04, 03:26 AM   #50 (permalink)
hhw

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kwok

Dave
I agree. Abbotsford is just a bit on the far side. Most people who aren't avid herpers are unlikely to drive all that way. The eastern end of Burnaby or Surrey I think would be a reasonable compromise; it's a quick enough drive for people in the Fraser Valley yet not so far out that makes it difficult for people from Vancouver to get there. Somewhere near a skytrain station would be ideal in my opinion.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-10-04, 09:07 AM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Wildkingdom
That was a great show you put on we really enjoyed it. I agree on staying in the smaller building for at least another year. I'll be at the next show for sure you can put me down for at least one table. Thanx for everything.

Tim

Finally I Die When I Get Poisoned by These M&M's
Old 07-10-04, 09:17 AM   #52 (permalink)

annieb_mice
Quote:
While I'm not a big gecko person... you guys sure had some gorgeous ones! I sure was tempted a few times when I was at your table... but I prefer my lizards and snakes to be nice and big and thick....
Thank you for the kind words but you know, Bunches is one big thick leopard gecko...lol...

My opinion on the move is: Stay Put until the demand for more tables is at least another 30 - 50% more, no point in going bigger if half, or more, of the tables are going to be emtpy. We already know those show get bad reps for not being able to fill their tables, people don't like them, they want them jam packed so they can spend more money. haha

As for you Vancouver whiners it wouldn't do to call it the Fraser Valley Herp Society and then hold the shows in Vancouver, sheesh! People in Edmonton will drive three hours to attend the Calgary shows and vice versa, and then they still have to drive home again. If they want to attend, they will come.

JMHO

Diana
Old 07-10-04, 02:29 PM   #53 (permalink)

hhw,

Tell you what .. you put a show on and we will come and attend your show. Sorry but Surrey?.. yeah right with their by laws I wouldn’t be caught dead doing a reptile show there.
Burnaby? WPSCR is already doing a show there.

No I am quite happy to do my little show in the Fraser Valley I know what I am doing and I know what I am up against.

Now I have discussed with other about doing a show in Granville Island. Just have not pursued that avenue yet. But.. I am thinking about it .. if I had a good venue.. maybe in time..

Terri
FVHS
Old 07-10-04, 02:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

A portable ATM would sure be handy. I wonder if that could be accomplished? I don't know why people always come to these shows with no money but I was asked about a million times where the closest ATM was. Just an idea. TB
Old 07-10-04, 02:41 PM   #55 (permalink)

Excellent idea! I was also ask alot of times for the nearest ATM. When it is closer I will definately look into that.
Terri
:-P
Login to remove ads
Old 07-10-04, 02:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

Easier axcess = more money (hopefully). I didn't even know they had portable Atm's until Julie convinced (dragged) me to go to a craft fair and there was a little trailer with an ATM in it just outside the venue. Pretty cool idea. I think the company was West Coast Cash if that helps.
Old 07-10-04, 02:50 PM   #57 (permalink)

Thank you for your great suggestion and when time rolls around I will DEFINATELY look into it :-P
Old 07-10-04, 04:31 PM   #58 (permalink)
hhw

Quote:
Originally posted by TPiorun
hhw,

Tell you what .. you put a show on and we will come and attend your show. Sorry but Surrey?.. yeah right with their by laws I wouldn’t be caught dead doing a reptile show there.
Burnaby? WPSCR is already doing a show there.

No I am quite happy to do my little show in the Fraser Valley I know what I am doing and I know what I am up against.

Now I have discussed with other about doing a show in Granville Island. Just have not pursued that avenue yet. But.. I am thinking about it .. if I had a good venue.. maybe in time..

Terri
FVHS
Sorry, I didn't realize there were bylaw issues with Surrey, nor that there'd be a WSPCR show in Burnaby (I thought they were throwing one in Richmond?). Pardon my ignorance, but I've only just moved back to Vancouver this summer and don't know too much about the local herp community.

I was just making a suggestion based on location alone. Since I think anyone who frequents these boards is probably an avid enough herper to have driven anywhere for the show, it would probably be difficult to find anyone here for which the distance was enough of an issue to not go to the show. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few people who heard about the show, were interested, but decided not to go due to it being in Abbotsford. There's also the issue of unfamiliarity, as many people have never been to Abbotsford, and don't even know where it is exactly, but only that it's outside Greater Vancouver. I know I had a lot of trouble talking my buddies into coming with me (whose admission fees I incidentally paid for), only to have them urge me to leave early so that they would have enough time to make it back to Vancouver for their Saturday night plans in case traffic conditions were poor. Of course, this was just my personal situation and I have no idea how many other people (if anyone at all) were in a similar boat.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out some of the advantages of having a show closer to Vancouver. Either way, it was a terrific show and well worth the drive. I will definitely be there next year, just without my buddies.
Old 07-10-04, 11:29 PM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to annieb_mice Send a message via Yahoo to annieb_mice
Quote:
Originally posted by Quervo
Okay ... I think this warrants coming out of my ssnakess seclusion .. lol.

**** OMG! :O HE'S ALIVE! Will wonders NEVER cease?!? <snicker>
Take care
Annie B. <:3 )~~