border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-04, 01:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

If Italy are to win, they need to stop the score a goal and defend strategy. They tried that last Euro and look what happened, France scored to tie and when Italy was playing for penalties France scored the winner. They have good talent but need a new strategy.
Old 06-11-04, 01:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Classic
I'm a diehard. Everything is put behind football. If Mau Utd. Is playing and my son breaks his arm, he waits to go to the hospital until the game is over. lol. Not that exttream, but i love soccer.
The English Premier League is simply the most enjoyable television program going if you are a football fan. I know its a long shot to get by France but i cheer for England all the way.

Brian
HighWaterHerps

Got Milks!

www.highwaterherps.ca
Old 06-11-04, 02:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
anyways back to reality. england wont win, i want them to, but we have a **** squad and a bad manager. if portugal win i will be very suprised, they usually dont play well. italy wont win. chances are france.
LOL! Now that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. France will win it, no doubt. I mean, they DID score 0 goals in the world cup after all, right? LOL!

Steve, I agree in that they should stop the whole score a goal and defend thing. They weren't too bad in the world cup, its too bad things went the way they went with the refereeing against Korea...
Old 06-11-04, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Man U all the way... Im cheering for England after Portugal of course
Old 06-12-04, 12:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

What a game, and what a loss for Portugal. Greece played amazing, or maybe Portugal played horribly? None the less, they came out on top. This should be an interesting group...
Login to remove ads
Old 06-12-04, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

I think everybody is overlooking the other teams. Depending on which team shows up for the Netherlands (if they decide they what to play) they can be deadly.

And NO dissing Figo. He is absolutely amazing!

Hey who is Englands keeper now that Seaman has retired?
If you say Gibbon from Newcastle I will be so happy. That guy is amazing to watch! TB
Old 06-12-04, 12:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

I will admit, Figo is a good player, but they rely on him too much. Unfortunately, it is not Gibbon, David James will be their #1.
Old 06-12-04, 12:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

EVERYONE:

Ouch not a good thing, damn I wait years to see this cup and this happens.

Not a good day........geez.

Cya...

Tony
Old 06-12-04, 12:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

I would not sweat it yet, once we see who wins this game between Spain and Russia, and the winners game after that, we can have a better understanding as to what Portugals chances are. Hopefully they will step it up a bit, I am really hoping for Portugal to advance. Greece's defense was solid, however I noticed that Portugal centralized their attack to the middle of the net. There were at least three good scoring chances had there been players to the right of the keeper. That was a beautiful goal by Ronaldo though, it is too bad that came in stoppage time, lol.
Old 06-12-04, 06:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well no doubt that todays result sucked. Deco and Ronaldo should have started the game. The penalty was a bit unlucky, Ronaldo didnt even try to tackle him, their legs got tangled up.

As for Figo, he is the the star and national icon of Portuguese soccer, so I dont think there is a problem with relying on your star player. He played well but he didnt get the calls some time that he deserved.

Portugal will come out strong against Russia, theres no doubt about that. Spain will be a difficult match but Portugal can get the result they want.
Old 06-12-04, 09:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

EVERYONE:

Well Portugal takes a fall, not happy with that but my 2nd team pulls it off Spain.

Cya...

Tony
Old 06-13-04, 05:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

EVERYONE:

Yahoo another 1/3 of my backgrounds makes me a happy camper.

Go go France.

Cya...

Tony
Old 06-13-04, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

France were extremely lucky that Beckham didnt convert that penalty kick. Becks shouldnt take them anymore, they should let Frank Lampard take them from now on. England isnt in any trouble, they showed that they can play with quality against France and they're next two matches should result in victories.
Old 06-13-04, 09:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

CDN-CRESTIES:

I am a 3 way mix here I gotta cheer for PORTUGAL, SPAIN and FRANCE........which is all great but I do not know who I gotta go for when they face each other, lol.

Cya...

Tony
Old 06-13-04, 11:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Tony, don't give up on Portugal just yet. I am almost confident they are going to advance, and I am an Italian! LOL! Fact is, they came out slacking - it is their country, and thus there are certain expectations brought upon them. When they are down 1-0, even worse at 2-0, it is a mess of frustration and nothing gets done. Nonetheless, they know they will have to step it up a notch - I seriously think that game should have been Portugals. First off, the penalty kick was ridiculous, he was running behind him and their feet got tangled. Second, had Portugal not centralized their attack to the middle of the keeper, there were numerous perfectly executed crosses which time after time when unused, as there was nobody to the right of the goalie. Anyhow, I think they now see how concentrated they must be, and will take a win from Spain.

Now for tomorrow's game - Italy and Denmark, I am pretty confident in that outcome. Then again, from the way things have started, you never know...
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread