border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-02, 05:09 AM   #46 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Syst3m
I can not say enough good things about brazilians. Both of mine as juvenile are some of the best snakes I have ever owned.
Neither of them are head shy. Neither of them are very moody. Even when they are in shed they both tend to be good feeders and I've never been nipped in any fashion by eather of them.
They seem to very much relish in staying with me when I have them out of the cage. They get active and want to explore of course but usually end up settling around one of my arms and stay there for several hours at a time. I can be almost assured they recognize me since neither of them try to run from me when I dig them out of their hides but when my friends want to see them they are very cautious but still very relaxed. I've never seen a snake that is so friendly and relaxed really. I'm sure there are more of different breeds of snakes that may share the same qualitys but with my experience I've never owned a more personable snake. After seeing my friends brazilian I've decided that brazilians were the snake for me.

And as far as special requirements go I think keeping humidty high is the easiest thing using just the Fish tank air stone, air pump and a water dish.

Over all I personally recommend brazilians as a starter snake if your familiar with keeping reptiles. If you have never owned a reptile before then I might suggest something like a Colubrid.

They really are not as hard to keep as people say they are.

Last edited by Syst3m; 09-30-02 at 05:21 AM..
Old 09-30-02, 04:44 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Clownfishie Send a message via MSN to Clownfishie
Thanks Syst3m They're definitely at the top of my list -- they get a little bigger than I'd like, but they're certainly gorgeous enough to make up for it!

Gecko Haven
Old 10-03-02, 10:23 AM   #48 (permalink)

If you feed frozen/thawed it not only is so much safer for your snake but it is much easier on you, becasue they lose that cute factor. I have a few corns and i love them. They are so friendly and so easy to care for, as well as they are hardy eaters. I think that Corns would be a great starter snake for you.

Humans are only alive because it is illegal to hunt them.
Old 10-03-02, 06:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

Yeah -- I know about the frozen rodents thing. It's definitely an improvement over live, that's for sure. It still kinda grosses me out to see them swallowing their food whole though

Corns are still on my list -- although they've gotten a little lower since I started finding all the other beautiful snakes out there that would be ok for a beginner Hehe... There's so many gorgeous morphs of corns though... so they're definitely still an option. I think that I like the ghost corns...

Gecko Haven
Old 10-03-02, 09:45 PM   #50 (permalink)

the more you see , the more difficult it gets
stating the obvious aren't i?
Login to remove ads
Old 10-04-02, 06:32 AM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sean_.E.
What about a SOLOMON ISLAND GROUND BOA
-small 2-4 feet
-need a 10-15 gallon tank
-calm like rosies
-not very popular(something different)
-interesting looking
- when babies you only have to feed them once a week when adults on 1 ever 2 or three weeks

If you were to get one make sure it is feeding first... I got mine from roy stockwell....and it ate like a champ.....
Old 10-04-02, 06:43 AM   #52 (permalink)

Do you have any pictures of yours Sean? I'd love to see Or if you know where I can find pics.... They sound pretty cool

Gecko Haven
Closed Thread