border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-04, 12:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'd really like to get in on the $8. tickets the Lightning make available to each home game. Man, people have been camped out since Saturday waiting for 'em.
Jeff, just trying to keep it fun. I'm no Hockey guru or anything, and certainly won't predict the future.
:Mark
Old 05-24-04, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well I'm a Habs fan so I have to admit that Tampa is looking very dangerous this year. I didn't think they'd do as well against Montreal as they did but it all came down to goaltending, otherwise it would have been a lot closer. I like their similar blazing fast style not like the clingy, grinding crap that I'm force fed being stuck with nothing but Leafs games all season.

I think I'd like to see Tampa win over Calgary, I would buy into the Cup-back-to-Canada business but c'mon, Alberta's just barely part of Canada anyway...more private healthcare, cowboy hats, lots of guns... sounds American to me... lol!
Old 05-24-04, 03:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Invictus
Tampa is going to give us one hell of a run for our money, but Crimsonking, we here in Cow Town totally understand how hyped a city can get - it's been 15 years for us!!! The Flames are absolutely bloodthirsty though... this is the best chance we've ever had, and this city is going absolutely crazy. I have to give this one to Calgary in 7 games. As much as Tampa has fought to get to where they are, I just think the Flames want it more. Plus I don't think Tampa will be able to shut down our offense, and if Kipper stays bulletproof, we're bringing Uncle Stanley home!

It just better not be in 6 games.... 5, fine. 7, fine. But I have a wedding to attend the night of game 6, so we better not win that night!!
Old 05-25-04, 10:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
Quote:
I think I'd like to see Tampa win over Calgary, I would buy into the Cup-back-to-Canada business but c'mon, Alberta's just barely part of Canada anyway...more private healthcare, cowboy hats, lots of guns... sounds American to me... lol!
LOL!!!!!!! Alberta's just barely a part of Canada? this coming from someone living in "50%+1" Quebec !!!!

Or are you still bitter about us kicking your *** in '89 in the Forum?
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com
Old 05-26-04, 01:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

If someone attacked alberta at 1 am the "milatary" (I know I know its not really a military) would actually try to protect us but since you dont want to be part of our united country then we would let you get invaded and then cut you from the nation of CANADA. Dont diss this country especially the flames. BTW did you know that 21 players on tampa bay lightning are canadians? and 9 of thoses guys are calgarian? Just goes to show how much better at hockey us canadians are. EH.... LMAO
Matt
Login to remove ads
Old 05-26-04, 04:40 AM   #21 (permalink)

Damn touchy Albertans, put your rifles and lassos away, I was only kidding!

Why would I still be upset about '89 when I have '93 to remember?

Besides, I never said I lived in Quebec, I'm just a fan of the best team hockey has ever seen that's all. I actually live in Ontario so who would you have me cheer for the Leafs? The Sens? C'mon, have you ever tried to watch a Leafs game? It's like watching soccer for God's sake and like we were taught as kids: soccer is a great sport for a boy who can't skate. lol!

Who the hell's invading Canada anyway? Now you're really sounding like a Yank. Quick, let's fill the skies with laser beams to protect us against our invisible enemies! LOL!
Old 05-26-04, 07:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

AHHH WHERE? WHERE? lol I was just kidding.
Matt
Old 05-26-04, 12:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

except the enemies really do attack here...hehe

I'm pumped about game 1...go flames
Old 05-26-04, 12:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Besides, I never said I lived in Quebec, I'm just a fan of the best team hockey has ever seen that's all.
So does that mean you are a fan of the 83-84 Edmonton Oilers?
Old 05-26-04, 04:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

LMAO!

The Oilers were a hell of a team then I have to admit but their relatively brief period of glory is historically rather insignificant when compared to the dominance of the Habs.

The last decade has been difficult for Montreal but there is no disputing the fact that they are far and away the best team hockey, and likely any professional team sport, has ever seen. Without the Habs there is no hockey. Y'all betta reckinize! lol!
Old 05-26-04, 05:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Hey guys, the Bolts came out way too flat to play hockey Tues. Flames burned them...
On a really BAD NOTE:
during the game Lightning player Dan Boyle's house caught fire.
PLEASE== no "Flames" jokes here.
He lives not too far from me and it's sad to hear.
:Mark
Old 05-26-04, 05:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
Quote:
The last decade has been difficult for Montreal but there is no disputing the fact that they are far and away the best team hockey, and likely any professional team sport
As much as I hate the Deadmonton sports teams, I'd have to disagree and say the Edmonton Eskimos and their 5 straight Grey Cups were more dominant than the Habs. Plus making the playoffs in 29 straight years and counting.....