border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-04, 09:40 AM   #31 (permalink)

For me it's heights. But I'm not phobic, I just suffer from severe vertigo.

I have no problem climbing over balcony railings, dangling from ropes high above the ground, but if I stand at the edge of a 10 foot drop without my hand touching something I lose all sense of balance. Same thing happens with stepladders.

I have no idea why. I used to jump off the roof of a garage onto a mattress when I was a kid, do flips off into the snow, and jump off the lip of a quarry into the water below. But I can't just stand on the edge.
Old 05-11-04, 09:44 AM   #32 (permalink)

Balloons, only because blowing one up a few years back, it popped in my face and cut the cornea of my eye. Now whenever one is near me I get panicy.
The dark, not of it specifically, but what goes bump in it, sea cucumbers (they are sooooooo nasty feeling), leaches, and deep dark water.
Old 05-11-04, 10:16 AM   #33 (permalink)

I am with Beth on the deep dark water, I love nice clear water but put me in anything merky or very dark and the imagination runs wild. I think that is about it for me but my girlfriend has this intense fear of dolls and puppets, she hates that commercial for puppets who kill...everytime it comes on she freaks. Also she has a phobia of clowns, wanted to take her to the circus but that would have been a disaster, figured that out after we tried to watch IT (steven king).
Old 05-11-04, 11:11 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to HeatherK
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruciform
but if I stand at the edge of a 10 foot drop without my hand touching something I lose all sense of balance. Same thing happens with stepladders.
I have the same problem with my balance, both my parents have it, probably genetic (yay ). Always happens when I'm standing up on something to change a lightbulb, etc., just looking up in general while not planted on the ground (escalators, treadmills.. ) I also don't have the best balance if I can't see around me, such as when I'm walking to get somewhere in a very dark room.

I hate arachnids. Tarantulas in particular give me the creeps. I remember being in the woods with the dog, about go through two trees, when I stopped running to have a look to make sure there was no spiderweb between them.. just in case. Well there was. Fat spider right in the middle Was I glad I checked! Even feeling a cobweb on my hand makes me jump (happened yesterday actually).

Another thing that creeps me out is being in a dark basement at night, alone. I always feel like there's something behind me.

I think I need to see a shrink now..
Old 05-11-04, 06:43 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
BUGS!

May you live in interesting times.
Login to remove ads
Old 05-11-04, 06:49 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sapphire_moon Send a message via Yahoo to sapphire_moon
I'm not really afraid of it, but more of it REALLY creeps me out, when I am completely alone (like in the bathroom, or something, no animals, no dogs following me no person around) and I feel like I'm being watched, from absolutely every where, and mirrors creep me out to, especially old antique mirrors.

Mischief~ Hamster
Old 05-11-04, 06:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to CHRISANDBOIDS14
Im also afraid of breaking a mirror! Not the 7 years of bad luck, but the reason for which I(or someone else, a spirit?) broke the mirror. LOL.

C.
Old 05-11-04, 07:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Oliverian
Hmmm.... Well I used to totally freak out over this little green action figure that my brother used to have. I would literally run screaming into my room and shudder and cry for hours. It was so strange. My mom would hide it in the back of the art cupboard so I wouldn't go scrounging around in there, and when I reached in and touched it once accidentally I almost died of fright...

Then someone told me about these two inch long silverfish (those little buggy things) that came out of their drain when they were having a bath and I started freaking out when I saw little silverfish running around in our house in spring. And i'm a total insectaholic, but those things freaked me out.

Thirdly, that fricking bunny rabbit Youkai keeps putting on her avatar! That guy from Donny Darko. I totally have to see that movie! Love being scared by movies.

Buuutt... in that order, I decided that I was only scared of it all because it was unknown to me, so I decided to get over it. Found the green guy one day in a drawer and even though it was really hard, I made myself look at it and then eventually pick it up. There goes that fear. Same with the silverfish, realised they were just bugs and now whenever I see them they're instantly toad-food. The youkai-bunny still freaks me out, but not as bad. At least, until I see the movie.

Soo, not really scared of anything now. I'm wary of things, for sure, but not really scared. Don't like reaching into hot ovens, suspension bridges, and high places with only railing to hold you up there, but its not TOO too bad....

Not squeamish either, exept when people crack joints really loudly. I mean, that's just not healthy! But I can eat anytime no matter what i'm doing, and not much grosses me out. Which is good, because you can multitask cutting a pinky while eating a burger at the same time!

-TammyR
Old 05-11-04, 10:22 PM   #39 (permalink)

I think I remember reading somewhere that the fear of speaking in public was higher on the "list" than the fear of dying.
What about the fear of being "herp-less"? Or finding that special snake at a show-- but NO WALLET?
:Mark
Old 05-11-04, 10:42 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to CHRISANDBOIDS14
Crimsonking: Those last two DEFINETLY scare me! I would die without a herp! And if i found that special snake at a show and had now wallet, I would smack myself and cry(no not really!) but i guess its more of a worry.

C.
Login to remove ads
Old 05-11-04, 11:09 PM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Drew S
Wasps, bees, hornets, spiders, heights, flying, and confined spaces.

I hate not being able to move freely the most, being pinned down etc. Being on the bottom of a "Pile on" when I used to play football was my biggest fear. Kind of a weird one I guess.
Old 05-12-04, 05:02 PM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
Spiders, beetles, superworms, bloodworms, death, heights, crowds, enclosed spaces, and deep water.
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens
Old 05-12-04, 05:17 PM   #43 (permalink)

Tammy: Once you see Donny Darko, the fear of the bunny will totally go away. Just make sure you watch it to completion or it might just ge worse Great movie. I watched it again a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-12-04, 11:16 PM   #44 (permalink)
Yve

wow....there are some issues here!lol.....btw...slithering serpents isn't that scary if you know him...

Last edited by Yve; 05-12-04 at 11:19 PM..
Old 05-17-04, 08:39 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to nikkin Send a message via MSN to nikkin
Clowns....dont like them (and not because of Pennywise...how can you be afraid of an actor that was also "a sweet transvestite")
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread