sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-04, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to BoAddict
when posting an ad

why dont people put where they are from?
and why is it that people say have pics email for them ?

generally i do not respond to any ads that dont post where they are from or ads that say pics available to serious buyers

if the pic was there in the first place i might be a more serious buyer but since there is no pic im not interested

im sure im not the only person that feels this way too

Mike
Login to remove ads
Old 04-24-04, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to klein
agree with you totally Mike
Old 04-24-04, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
Yepp i agree too...the one time i posted an ad i think i gave to much information lol.

I think it just looks more profesional if you add all that info.
Old 04-24-04, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Couldn't agree more.
This herp market is saturated with people who don't know how (or don't care how) to make a sale. It just ends up that they have to bottom out their price because the animal isn't selling.
Personally, I have never had to lower a price beyond a previously set range; but I juice my ads up with good quality pics, location info, usually free delivery between Kingston and Toronto, and everything pertinent to the animal. I include detailed records after the purchase as well. It takes some extra work but you make up for it in a little extra profit and better business relationships.
Some people just don't get it.....
Ryan
Old 04-24-04, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

It's fine by me if people want to make themselves look unprofessional...
Login to remove ads
Old 04-24-04, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

The picture thing has all been an issue with me.. I don't understand why people that have pics, don't just post them, rather then saying, 'email for pictures'. The location isn't usually an issue, cause a good portion of the people here have their location filled out..
Old 04-24-04, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sometimes, I think it's because they're using RDR or Henry's pics for examples. A guy on the American BOI just got caught for doing that.
Old 04-24-04, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Agree HUGE!

If I like something and the ad says "email for pics" without any location, or any additional information about the animal, I don't even bother.

Marisa
Old 04-24-04, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to BoAddict
so what your saying is if they say email for pics that should be a red flag lol
Mike
Old 04-24-04, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active

I couldn't agree more. The picture thing is very much an issue with me. I'm not about to fork over hundreds of dollars for something I have never even seen a picture of. Bother me even more when they ask you to make an offer on an animal, but won't provide pictures

I don't understand why so many people advertise so poorly. The more information you can include in your ad, the less amount of (usually wasted) emails you will have to deal with answering all of those questions. I don't understand why people actually invite this to happen by including virtually no information on the animal and stating to email for any information.

A well-written ad speaks volumes, and people are likely to feel a little more secure dealing with that person than one that is poorly written.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-24-04, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Burium Send a message via MSN to Burium
Exactly!!! It's one of my pet peeves. I think you can never put too much in an ad. If it's a question you yourself would ask, then answer it in the ad. That's just my 2 cents.

Kelly
Old 04-24-04, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to magnum1 Send a message via MSN to magnum1 Send a message via Yahoo to magnum1
by-laws that is why
Old 04-24-04, 02:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

While by-laws usually suck, I don't think that's much of a reason not to give info.

They don't have enforcement officers scanning hobbiest sites looking for locals selling stuff, as they don't usually have the budget to even keep enough people active to pick up all the strays or dogs that are actually attacking people.
Old 04-24-04, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

And for the love of God state an asking price!!! If you don't have a price you aren't selling, you're accepting offers, two very different things. I'm always tempted to offer like $3 to everyone that says "make me an offer", no? how about $4?. If you're selling it you should know what it's worth and how much you want, if not think about it THEN post an ad when you've figured it out.

Pics are a bonus but if I don't have a price and location the pictures are useless. The only thing worse is the tools that post want ads in the "for sale" forums. I mean there's a "wanted" forum, read a little bit.
Old 04-24-04, 03:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
Quote:
nerally i do not respond to any ads that dont post where they are from or ads that say pics available to serious buyers
Mike, you just hit the nail on the head!!! The worst is when people are selling $500+ snakes, yet they can't afford a $200 camera to take pictures of them? And "email me for pictures"?? HUH? How frickin' hard is it to upload a pic to the FEE ssnakess gallery and then clicking the "img" button?? Screw that. I say anyone who doesn't include a pic of the animal(s), don't buy. It either means its a scam, they are selling the animal for someone else, or the animal isn't as nice as they are making it out to be.

Mike, excellent post buddy. I couldn't agree with you more!!

And no kidding mousekilla! How hard is it to just include "market price (whatever that is ) or best offer". Insert the ACTUAL number value for market price though. Not hard as far as I'm concerned.

I can't believe how many people feel this way!! Awesome!
Closed Thread