border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-04, 02:37 PM   #61 (permalink)

I had an awesome time at the show!!! This location is definatly a lot better. Great Job Grant, as well as everyone else who was involved in making the show a success! There were a few things that caught my eye but i settled on a Solomon Island Ground Boa from Mardy McManus of Jungle Carpets Pet store. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next expo!
Old 04-19-04, 03:15 PM   #62 (permalink)

We had a great time! I got meet Aidan (who by the way, came right up to me and said "Hi Sue"..........lol) I talked to SkinheadDave for a milli-second ( ) and chatted with Rob from Arachnomania for a bit. Kim (Sunrunner) I believe I saw you.........did you have a long black leather coat on?..............

I got some back issues of some reptile magazines, a cute little black plastic hide, good thing I got it when I did..........The Reptile Store bought up the rest of them right after me. I also got my very first Leo.............so teeny tiny and cute.

The other couple that came with us got, a few frogs and some moss.

It was a great show!
Old 04-19-04, 03:45 PM   #63 (permalink)

It was a great show, by far the best location yet. I really liked the extra parking spaces, no need to park a block away. The new layout was quite good too; lots of space between rows.

Bought way too many feeders, and ended up having to cook most of my frozen food to make room for them in my freezer.

Can't wait for the next expo!
Old 04-19-04, 04:21 PM   #64 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sunrunner Send a message via Yahoo to Sunrunner
Quote:
Originally posted by sleddergirl
Kim (Sunrunner) I believe I saw you.........did you have a long black leather coat on?..............

That was me.... you should have come over and said hello :P
Ladyhawk I knew you from selling to you before
Im tellin ya next time NAME TAGS :P

~Kim~
Old 04-19-04, 04:38 PM   #65 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to damzookeeper
Well, I have to agree with everyone, this was the best show ever. Great new location. I didn't do too well on the selling part but came home way over my head in debt with a few new beauties.
Got a beautiful new blue tongue male from John, what a wonderful gift anyone could give me.
I got a pair of beautiful dragons from Megan and ICULizards, got another spectaular girl from Capital Dragons, Thanks Tim!!
I also got my pair of ocellated skinks andI got a pair of 1.1 fire cresteds from someone that delivered them to the show for me. I was so upset when I got them home though, went to house them and the male freaked out and lost his tail! I didn't even touch the dang thing! I was so t'ed off. I realized they lost them easily from stess but hadn't realized they would lose it without the tail even being touched! Both male and female seem to not be used of handling they freak easily, and are nearly full grown. I hope the female does alright and the male calms down soon. They are housed separately. I also got Lars, Linda's blizzard breeder and a bliz hatchling that we have decided to name snowbell. And of course some feeders.
And now I'm awaiting some supplies by currier as well, all in all I spent over a grand after what was brought in. So, needless to say I'm broke. lol. But I still want Tim's blood. Dragon, I mean. lol.

I was so tired today at work but it was so worth the 12 hours of driving!!!

Oh, and I finally met the illusive Emily along with her black widow! EWWWW! lol
Also met Rob from Canadian feeders. What a really nice guy he is! Very friendly and sweet.
Saw some old faces and met some new people. All in all it was a blast! Hope I get out to the next one as well.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-19-04, 04:42 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunrunner
That was me.... you should have come over and said hello :P
Ladyhawk I knew you from selling to you before
Im tellin ya next time NAME TAGS :P
You were just coming in from having a smoke when I was leaving.........with my little Leo in my sweater. I agree with nametags.............would make life a little easier.
Old 04-19-04, 05:39 PM   #67 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to K1LOS Send a message via AIM to K1LOS Send a message via MSN to K1LOS Send a message via Yahoo to K1LOS
wish i could have gone. Tell me they have an atm at the new location. PLEASSSSSE Have an atm!

name tags would be a good idea. HOw could you come up with a distinguishable name tag that everybody could get no matter where they are from. I guess it wouldn't need to be too distinguishable, how many other ppl would be walking around with name tags? LOL

Geoff
Old 04-19-04, 05:45 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to dank7oo
We totally need one in Ottawa. Maybe not the same magnitude, but a smaller one for the locals who are SO left out - lol.

Jason
Old 04-19-04, 05:49 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by K1LOS
wish i could have gone. Tell me they have an atm at the new location. PLEASSSSSE Have an atm!

name tags would be a good idea. HOw could you come up with a distinguishable name tag that everybody could get no matter where they are from. I guess it wouldn't need to be too distinguishable, how many other ppl would be walking around with name tags? LOL

Geoff
I think if we had those "Hi My Name Is......" tags from the dollar store, we could put our screen names, then our real name in brackets. Maybe if I brought a roll or two of them, one of the vendors at the show, who is a regular here wouldn't mind people from this site going to their table to get a nametag.....? Just an idea.............
Old 04-19-04, 05:54 PM   #70 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Emily-Fisher
Quote:
Originally posted by damzookeeper
Oh, and I finally met the illusive Emily along with her black widow! EWWWW!
Haha, tell me about the "finally" part! I've been chatting to you online since I was what, 9 years old? But yeah, it was crazy cool to meet you, and I'm sure Shelob will appreciate the kind words Teehee!!

Sunrunner: I must have seen you 50 times... but I didn't bother saying hi to you since you don't even know who I am.. lol!! Ah well.. next time..

Quote:

We totally need one in Ottawa. Maybe not the same magnitude, but a smaller one for the locals who are SO left out - lol.

Jason

Left out, eh? Dude, I brought my lil' Montreal tush all the way from Montreal for this show, but man, was it ever worth it!

Last edited by Emily-Fisher; 04-19-04 at 06:00 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 04-19-04, 06:35 PM   #71 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to dank7oo
LOL. My dad had told me we would to go to this one and then Saturday decided to back-out as he 'forgot'. Doesnt look like I can make it up from the next few, but I suppose as long as I have people doing my dirty work for me, there is no need. I will just be left out of the ssnakess family

Jason
Old 04-19-04, 07:06 PM   #72 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Nicky
Im all for the name tags!I'll be wearing one next expo for sure! Now that i think about it the thing i liked most that it wasn't 2000 degrees in there better ventillation I guess, deffently makes it that much more enjoyable
Kayla
Old 04-19-04, 09:00 PM   #73 (permalink)

Excellent show. Easily the best I've seen yet. The new venue is far superior.
Well worth the trip.

The September show will be AWESOME!

Cheers!

Simon R. Sansom
Old 04-19-04, 09:41 PM   #74 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to SaIiLdVaEnR
Emily, that's because you are mental.

Aidan
Old 04-19-04, 10:15 PM   #75 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sunrunner Send a message via Yahoo to Sunrunner
Quote:
Originally posted by Emily-Fisher

Sunrunner: I must have seen you 50 times... but I didn't bother saying hi to you since you don't even know who I am.. lol!! Ah well.. next time..

[/B]
I know who you are Emily :P Should have said hello and I will wear a tag for sure, I was a little upset by the end of the day because of a deal gone wrong but ah well can't win them all

And PS sledder girl I quit smoking 6 months ago I was likely just outside letting off some steam

~Kim~
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread