sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-04, 09:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
I had a great time except my legs are a little tired running back and forth trying to get reception and other things for Mr. Kameka
Nick, your help did not go un-noticed, Thanks a lot Bro i really appreciate it..

Grant, it's a pleasure just being a part of the show.. Anytime you need help, you know my number ..

The show was definatly one of the best i have been to.. Had a great time hanging out with everyone, even IF Marisa is a loud mouth.. Had a great time, came home with nothing but it was all worth it in the end
Old 04-18-04, 09:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
The show was great and what a turnout!

I wish I'd brought more money. After pickng up the aspen, labdiet, and a bromeliad for my gf's dad, I was busted.

Not that I have room for anything else at the moment, but the desire, no the *NEED* was there

Looking forward to the next one.

And it was cool to finally meet a few of you There were other faces in the crowd I recognized or found familiar, but I feel weird going up and saying "Hi, aren't you so and so?"

And thanks Chappy for the hand carrying stuff out to the car

Last edited by Cruciform; 04-18-04 at 09:32 PM..
Old 04-18-04, 09:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Looks like I missed a great show! Congratulations to Grant and Associates! is offline  
Old 04-18-04, 09:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Originally posted by Emily-Fisher
I brought home an adorable female black widow spider!!
For the record, and for those people PM'ing me, it was not I who sold Emily a Black Widow. I would not sell a venomous animal to a minor. I am sure Emily can vouch for this as I wasn't even at the show today....
Old 04-18-04, 09:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Emily-Fisher
Yea Ryan didn't have anything to do with it.. in fact, I respect him a great deal for not selling me the widow. Afterall, he was doing it for my own safety. But I showed my parents many pages about them and expained to them that they are a dangerous species and all that jazz, but they still agreed to letting me own one.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-18-04, 09:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Chappy!! I'm really glad you won that picture! It seemed everyone won what they really wanted to. It wasn't fixed - honest Great Show Mr Crossman!! Kudos to all who helped overnight (the unsung heroes!)

Old 04-18-04, 09:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
It was an awesome expo I picked up an adorable crested gecko from Dragndrop

Plus I got to hang out with Matt all day, what could be better?

It was great to see everyone AGAIN!
Heather Rose
"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention." - John Doe, Seven
Heather Rose Reptiles

Last edited by HeatherRose; 04-19-04 at 02:40 PM..
Old 04-18-04, 10:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
LOUDMOUTH! Oh that's it Matt_K "supermoderator" That's the last time I spend my time next to you at a show. Hmmphh.

I had a good time! It was WAY better at this venue. Great job people!

Old 04-18-04, 10:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Yep, just one of those things that looks bad on paper.... but I would have loved to have provided Emily with one of my Widows. I have no doubt that the Widow will pose no risk to a mature person such as Emily. It just made me uncomfortable, her safety was my number one priority.
Good luck Em, you'll have fun with her.
Old 04-18-04, 10:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Clownfishie Send a message via MSN to Clownfishie
Sounds like I missed a great show -- definitely have to try and make it out for the next one!

Herp Haven Reptiles - Quality Captive Bred Herps

Gecko Haven
Login to remove ads
Old 04-18-04, 10:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
All I can say is WOW! The new venue makes a world of difference. It looks so much more organized and professional. I was suprised that the parking lot was full with all that space I was sure parking would be an easy task It was a bit difficult to maneuver around the show inside, I didn't get to see a fair bit of stuff, but nonetheless a big improvement!

Unfortunately we had to leave earlier than we would've liked, but still had a good day. I picked up my little axanthic Kenyan (thanks to Grant vg for the delivery) that forgot to get packed last and a whole lot of feeder worms and some pinky mice. My biggest accomplishment... a HUGE thank you goes out to Dave (aka skinheaddave) for enabling me to hold my very first Tarantula and Arachnophyliacs for allowing me to use one of theirs for this nearly final step in conquering my phobia, as well as Aidan for bringing me his sweet rosea to hold and further accustom myself to the feel of spiders as well as answering some of my questions
Old 04-18-04, 10:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to SaIiLdVaEnR
Heh, Nicole is probably one of the best tarantula's to hold. She just chillaxes there on your hand or arm. Of course there may be a few webs on there after :P.

Q. What's brown and sticky? A. A stick!
Old 04-19-04, 04:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
Excellent show!! Hats off, Grant, to you and your team. It was once again nice to meet with a few old faces and make some new acquaintances. Definitely worth the trip down from Ottawa. All the best.

Old 04-19-04, 05:00 AM   #44 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to dank7oo
Sounds like it was great. WIsh I could have been there though.
Still got me a Nosy Be though from Arboreal Exotics.

Old 04-19-04, 05:30 AM   #45 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Classic
Wish i could be there. I think my next appearance will be this winter which is when i should become a regular. In the planning stages of moving from New Brunswick back to Ottawa.

JWSporty: Jim, Are you saying you went down to the show and didn't buy a new snake? I don't believe it.

Alex_33: I would love to see some pics of the Andean.

Grant: Looks like the new venue is a great success. Congrats.
Was there extra space? Are you going to be able to accomidate more tables in the future?

Got Milks!

Last edited by Classic; 04-19-04 at 05:34 AM..
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread