sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-04, 12:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
I hope I never lose that reflex. LOL... it's saved me from more bites than I care to think about! I know I could never consciously react that fast There's been a few times I knew a bite or more was coming from a teeny tiny snake and was able to stifle the reflex, but most of the time I just flinch.
Old 04-03-04, 12:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
I get bitten by a very agresive leo does that count?
Old 04-03-04, 01:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
It's almost similar to when you're out in the bush herp hunting and you lift up a log or rock specifically looking for a snake or lizard and sure enough there's one there and sure enough I jump back a little.....sure enough the wife and kids laugh.... I think it is so natural to flinch or jerk your hand away, it's a normal reaction.

Last edited by dave68; 04-03-04 at 02:01 AM..
Old 04-03-04, 09:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to YummyCdnMale
I can tell you this .... I have a 5ft yellow rat and if she bit you and she would! you would'nt hehehehehe... lol I have had her from 12 inch until now about 7 yrs she is my most aggresive snake. They do pack a wallop as they get older but nothing like being bit in the neck by an adult blood python.
Old 04-03-04, 10:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
iv only been bitten by small snakes and one small lizard. the snake bites are kinda fun, they never hurt, one did but only for seconds. now, what makes me jumpy is when i feed snakes. iv been feeding frozen thawd rodents to snakes for almost 3 years but every time i'm holding the rodent up by tongs, i can feel the tension of the snake and i'm waiting for it to strike, i use to jump really bad but now i just feel extremly tense.
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread