border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-02, 02:42 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Syst3m
I had this really long complicated post about the wings,
But I deleted it.

To Summarize New coach, lost alot of tallent and didn't play the young guys enough.

Go hurricanes, gotta root for the new guys this year.

Thanks Detroit for 3 cups in my lifetime! At least one of our teams can be a winner. Boo to the Lions boo to the Tigers.

We need to just can all of the major league baseball players and hire all new ones. After watching those lamers play this year I think I should be on the plate again. Well here is to another year of great hockey!
Old 09-12-02, 03:10 AM   #32 (permalink)

Lots of Wings fans here too huh? Atleast they aren't all bragging about having Joseph. Perhaps you all realize there is nothing to brag about?? No im not sour that he didn't sign with Toronto, i have never been a fan of him. Without Bowman, Hasek and potentially Yzerman gone, i would have to say the wind isn't in the sails for the Wings this year. Not to mention many other teams have really stocked up this year.
Old 09-12-02, 05:10 AM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Nicky
Leafs all the way woohoo! it's to bad cujo's gone but will still whip everyones butt canadian style!
Old 09-12-02, 12:16 PM   #34 (permalink)

I can't wait for the first Wings- Leafs game! Nov 16th! Always good...
Old 09-12-02, 01:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

I think the Wings fans this year will find out how luck they were to have Scotty. Most people do not give enough credit to a coach. Here are a couple of examples. Lakers & Bulls before Jackson. North Carolina after Smith. Players are the ones that do the job but the coach keeps those egos in check and makes sure the job is done. The players need to buy into the system that the coch has or its all over. With the talent the Wings have a new caoch does not have a chance. The playes will try to run the team and they will most likely fail unless they manage to just over power the other ream or Cujo plays like a man possessed.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-12-02, 02:00 PM   #36 (permalink)

sens suck leafs rule wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
Old 09-12-02, 03:00 PM   #37 (permalink)

I didn't want to get into this....but...This is why I hate the Maplelaughs and their fans....no matter what the media says...TO is not the centre of the sports world.
Old 09-12-02, 03:08 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Kurzix Send a message via AIM to Kurzix Send a message via Yahoo to Kurzix
lol We all know Detroit is Hockeytown, They gave us a great season last year, and 3 cups. I'd love to see them do it again, but I just don;t think this is the year for it. However they will still be a strong contender and SHOULD make it past the 1st round of the play offs.

"Detroit, home of the meanest fans in the NHL"
Ball Python: 0.0.1
Old 09-12-02, 03:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

The only reason Toronto gets so much press is because they are a winning team. Other then last year, Edmonton hasn't got past the 1st round in how long? Ottawa same thing. Montreal hadn't even made the playoffs. Vancouver had some good teams, but didn't have goaltending and therefore lacked the success. Calgary, same thing. The fact of the matter is, Toronto puts out a winning team and therefore sells out every game. The media in Canada uses the Leafs 'our' team in Canada because of there success and fan base. If Vancouver or even Calgary put out a winning team year after year, you would hear all about them. Remember when Calgary won the cup in the 80's. You didnt hear anything about the Leafs. Even though i am a die hard Leaf fan, i will agree with you that the fans are a bit too much.. They never want to give credit to any other team or player unless he wears the blue and white. Well one of my fav players is Comrie, so i guess i'll get some flack over that by Leaf fans eventually..
Old 09-12-02, 03:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Kurzix Send a message via AIM to Kurzix Send a message via Yahoo to Kurzix
I'll always root for the wings, but like inked says thats all that we ever hear about here. I was rather surprised to see the huricanes do as well as they did in the play offs last year. They are going to be a cup contender very soon, maybe even this year. they are a young team with alot of talent, they just don;t play my kinda hockey, they just need to work on the offense more. No one wants to see a 1-0 game...no thrill to it lol just my 2 cents
Login to remove ads
Old 09-12-02, 04:40 PM   #41 (permalink)

Carolina has a very talented team. And with Kevin Weeks and Arturs Irbe between the pipes they are definatly a contender. I wouldn't be suprised to see them go far again this season. But like you say, 1-0 games are very boring. I'm more of a 3-1 kind of guy myself with lots of hitting I think all big time hockey city's are like this though, they only want to talk about their team. lets give some credit to the small market clubs that suprise. Look at Atlanta last year. Kovalchuk and Heatley are incredible and Hnickla (sp?) is a very skilled goalie.
Old 09-12-02, 05:22 PM   #42 (permalink)

who was that guy last year??????

You know the guy in the goal who won the HART and VEZNIA
trophies last year???? What team was he on??....???
OH yeah the 24 time winning stanley cup team....

DA HABS

LES CANADIENS DE MONTREAL

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS

GO HABS GO......
KOIVU IS A LITTLE GOD!!!!!!!!

Damien
AK Exotics
Old 09-12-02, 05:28 PM   #43 (permalink)

I once read where the habs got their nick name from...and as I remember it was so stupid i erased it from my memory lol
Old 09-12-02, 05:49 PM   #44 (permalink)

Kurzix

May a plague of locusts bury themselves deep in your crotch..

The nickname comes from "Les habitants", the first settlers of the Quebec area.

The nickname "champs" comes from 24 CUP WINS!!!!

Damien
AK EXOTICS
Old 09-12-02, 05:59 PM   #45 (permalink)

lets not live in the past Honestly though, the Habs had a hell of a season last year considering. Koivu is a cinderella story and i hope he stays healthy. Theodore is unbelievable. Something about the Quebec league, it seems to produce some amazing goalies. Theodore, Roy and Brodeur to name three.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread