sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion


Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-02, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Join Date: Sep-2002
Location: Victoria,BC, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 532
Border issues....

I might be going to the Washington st. US (from BC) to get a reptile from I can find nowhere else from a breeder, the mourning gecko, I am sure it is legal on both sides of the border, but, I know there will be paperwork. Can you explain this process to me? Thank you.
Check out my friends band... The vendors! Alternative/pop-punk.
nouserpif is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 09-07-02, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jaylyn's Avatar
Join Date: May-2002
Location: Czar, Alberta
Age: 45
Posts: 297
Here's a link that may help:


Jaylyn is offline  
Old 09-08-02, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Syst3m's Avatar
Join Date: Aug-2002
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 610
Send a message via ICQ to Syst3m
hope its not a boid, Anything thats native should be no problem anything boid is usually not gonna fly. lots of paperwork you need a cities permet getting them from us to canada and I think the same goes for you getting the into canada
Snakes? I just like to teraform!
Syst3m is offline  
Old 09-08-02, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
Join Date: Feb-2002
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 10,251
If it is a CITES lited animal then you will need to obtain permits (on both ends of the sale) and not just simply bring it across the border with you. There will be lots of paperwork involved in this as well and which can take some time. If it isn't CITES listed it shouldnt present too much of an issue bringing it across, it may have to have it inspected by a Fish and Wildlife official.

In Canada it is illegal to own native species therefore it would defintiely present a problem trying to bring one across the border.
Linds is offline  
Old 09-08-02, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jaylyn's Avatar
Join Date: May-2002
Location: Czar, Alberta
Age: 45
Posts: 297
With CITES, it depends on the classification of the animal whether or not you need permits on both sides. For example, CITES III animals only require paperwork from the country from which you are exporting.

Jaylyn is offline  
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-17, Hobby Solutions Inc.


SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0