border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-02, 10:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to gunnerslakeshor
Nuts

Hey Snake_girl
Im from the old school so to speak , my last time in a class room was 20 yrs ago or so i went thru the same BS and this was in a regular school lol. I can see the dress code being a pain and they can tell you what youll learn in class but as far as hair color and tatoo's i dont think so
It goes against the human rights code to dictate how you must look i mean if you are non disruptive in class you do your work i dont see how they have a leg to stand on.
Just tell them in a world were its now legal for woman to marry woman and man to marry man hair color just dont stack up right.
I suppose what im getting at is be yourself at any cost cause when it comes right down to it your dignity and self respect and values are the only things soley your own once you cavein on those there is nothing left . Right?
JMHO
Phil
Old 09-06-02, 05:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to snake_girl
found a loop hole

thank you all so much for you advise!!

last night my friend called me up and told me that under expolsion there was nothing that stated a student could be expelled for extreme hair colour, piercings and tats. and then it said in the staff/student responsbiltys that all staff (including VP's) must have respect for the beliefs of all RMC students!!! I really don't think I was respected at all! I'm on my way to school so I'll be having a nice little chat with MR.Hitler, my dad will be present and there will be threats of going to the paper and reporting the durg crime I have witnessed it there "perfect" high school and of the total lack of respect for a persons rights, if they don't take that seriuosly then its a lawer they'll be talking to next :P

also yes my tattoos mean a lot to me I'm buddhist and dying my hair red sybolizes being a light in all the darkness I'm being swallowed in. (how did that sound???)

thanks again PPL! your all great!
Old 09-06-02, 08:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

Put a snake in his desk...j/k
Old 09-06-02, 09:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AzR@k
they only time some1 can say ne thing about ur appearence is @ ur job in school they cant do ****...i went to a catholic high school in St.Thomas and i had hair the was a diff colour every week and my principle hated it he kiked me out of school but i went to the board and oops he lost his job!
Old 09-06-02, 01:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

hey i'm in OAC now and i'm lucky and glad to be going to a public school... what your going through is Bull****! I think that if you can't be original in the way you dress then they should at least let you do your "own thing" by expressing who you are in other things such as hair and stuff because it's part of who you are and your personality...besides it's our own body why do they care so much argh! i hate how adults (not all adults but certain ones) have stereotypes on us teen/young adults and how they think they can boss us arround just because they are older than us. Snake_gurl what's your school's full name?
Login to remove ads
Old 09-06-02, 01:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to snake_girl
nothing works!!!

well it didn't work, my father was turning red he was so mad!! but the wouldn't listen to us, so I guess I'll go to the papers.

My schools full name is Regina Mundi College, send hate mail if you want :P

thanks again for all your help!
Grace
Old 09-06-02, 02:02 PM   #22 (permalink)

Oh i see i never heard of that school....well it's prolly not in toronto or something who knows lol... goodluck with your "case" though
Old 09-06-02, 06:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cas

I went to a catholic highschool, and they were pretty tolerant about what people did (granted, it was also a no uniforms school). There was one girl I can remember who dyed her hair a different color on a monthly basis (I can still remember the dayglo green month *lol*), and at least one wiccan student. I do think that at our school, visible non-ear piercings had to be removed during school... unless they had religious significance.

Anyway, if nothing else, your hair is a shade of RED, right? Red, even if it's incredibly intense, is a natural color... it's -technicallly- possible that someone could naturally have hair that bright (i'm visualising a boy in my highschool who had extreme natural red hair... to the point that it just about glowed). What would they do if someone enrolled with bright hair? Refuse to teach them? That's discrimination... most places of work can't even do anything as long as it's a 'natural' color... so anything in the red-orange-brown-black-blonde spectrum should be acceptable. Personally, I'm confused about how EXACTLY your haircolor effects your ability to learn, or that of those around you. Since it DOESN'T, I don't think it's any of your principal's business what color your hair is or how many piercings you have. (of course, I don't think it's a school's business how you dress either, but details)

I love schools that try to turn everyone into little robots... especially when it's having UNIQUE skills that will help land you a decent job later on :P

Dawn

"The only thing worse than a human who had no respect for other animals was a human who assumed all other animals thought and felt just like he did." --Julia Ecklar, "ReGenesis"
Old 09-07-02, 08:38 AM   #24 (permalink)

Many moons ago long hair (on guys) was ILLEGAL in school here!Didn't cut it then and haven't cut it (what's left anyway-LOL) since!
Old 09-08-02, 03:56 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Syst3m
If your father supports you then you need to have them draw up papers saying why they want to kick you out and what rules your breaking, I'm fairly confident that a princepal person opinion on your hair is not grounds, Remember to not get angry with them, As a matter of fact I say goto the board or a lawyer with it.
Closed Thread