sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-04, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to crazyboy
computer help!!

ok i have windows 98. i am having a problem with aol. everythi9ng will be working and the websites will be loading really quick and then the websites will start taking like 5 minutes to load. and then that blue screen will pop up that says blah blah blah press control alt delete again to rwstart computer(srry dont remember what it says) so if you push a key to go back to the computer ll these end program boxes will pop up. Then after a couple of them one will never go away no matter how many times you press end know so then i will have to restart the computer:-( And also if aol stops working i press ctrl alt delete and then it always says wupdater isn't working. it is really frustrating me. Will reformatting or reloading windows help. please help me thanks.
Old 02-01-04, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well would need to know what the error message on your system (the blue screen).
Also, when exactly does it do it? anything in particular you run before it does that?
Old 02-01-04, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

i think it says the following application needs to be terminated. It will just do it randomly.
Old 02-01-04, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to HetForHuman Send a message via Yahoo to HetForHuman
If it were me i would reformat. Doesnt take very long, but it sucks if you dont have another hard drive to save all your goodies on.

This is just my opinion though.
[10:12pm]@ [Matt] he's all up in there like swimwear.
Old 02-01-04, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

i dont know how to reformat so if someone could tell me how that would be great.
Old 02-01-04, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to retic
go to windows and get the critical updates, you will need them if your running win 98
Old 02-01-04, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

how do i get the critical updates
Old 02-01-04, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to retic
go to the windows update, start menu on your computer scroll down to windows update, get all critical updates
Old 02-01-04, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

internet explorer pops up and internet explorer wont connect from my computer:-( thanks anyway thogugh
Old 02-02-04, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

can ne1 help me or tell me how to reformat. But if i reformat i will lose programs that i dont have the disk for how can i keep them from going bye bye
Old 02-02-04, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Dark_Angel_25
if you reformat you will losse everything. Only thing to do is to make copies of what you want to keep by either burning them on CD or on a floppy disk. as for how to reformat, I myself want to do this too, and am not sure how that works... you could also just try reinstalling your Windows CD and see if that helps...
Old 02-02-04, 02:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Auskan
BSD (blue screen of death) is a common problem with Windows 98/ME. The solution I went with was to upgrade to XP.
0.1 Ball Python, 0.1 Creamsicle Cornsnakes, 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake, 1.0 Ghost Cornsnake, 1.0 Motel Amelanistic Cornsnake, 1.0 Okeetee Cornsnake, 0.1 Striped Amelanistic Cornsnake, 0.1 Silver Phase Miami Cornsnake, 0.1 Sunglow Cornsnake
Old 02-02-04, 03:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to daver676
Scan for viruses first. Reformatting is a last resort. I would also recommend an OS upgrade. Is it actually restarting your computer, or is it just shutting down a specific program?

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn. We ****ed up!"
Old 02-02-04, 04:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

it doesn't restart the computer and it doesn't usually shutdown a program just alot of errors pop up. if i do reformat i am gonna load in 2000. should i just upgrade o/s and see if that helps.
Old 02-02-04, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ony format as your last resource.

Next time you get the blue screen, note everything on a piece of paper and let us know. Many times, the problem can be an incompatibility betwen programs. In some cases, it may be memory stick fault or even a defective cluster on a hard drive. The possibilities are numerous, I need the exact error message and how often it pops up, and what you do right before it pops up.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread