border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-04, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to crazyboy
ok next time it pops up i will note it but it hasn't poped up in awhile now aol just stops loading webpages and i will have to restart aol. Most of the problems i have happen when aol is running but not all of them.
Old 02-02-04, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

here is what i would do if i were you . reinstall windows 98 or greater ( win2000 or XP ) and change your isp (internet service provider) . A lot of clients i had before had problems with aol and we had to ask client to either change their isp or we could not help them .

Another suggestion is to stop watching p0rn :P ( disregard that if you dont )
Old 02-03-04, 06:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

ok heres what it said A fatal exception OD has ocured at 0000:00000000. he current applicaton wil be terminated
Old 02-03-04, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

ok just got another 1 but the number was different the number was

0187:bffadfff
Old 02-03-04, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

hey..

First off, anytime there is an 0D or fatal exception error, it almost always relates to whats going on in the memory. The best place to start is to replace your memory with some memory you just happen to have laying around. Ok.. now since you probably dont have memory laying around the best place to start is to make a couple suggestions and if one sounds applicable to your situation, someone can give you some further info.

- go through your add/remove programs and get rid of anything you dont use. clutter is bad.. 'specially with win98

- kill all those programs that are probably loading up on statup (icons in the bottom left corner of your taskbar) again clutter=bad plus those things usually eat up bunches of Virtual memory

- defrag

- full scandisk

- get updates

before thinking of upgrading your OS, what are your system specs? processor speed, current memory, Hard drive size etc.

I'm tryn' to byte my lip about AOL as an isp...

computers can be built cheap too

hopefully this starts you out in the right direction...
I'm a little rusty.. so .. ya know...

suckr
Login to remove ads
Old 02-03-04, 08:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

To prevent most of your applications from loading at start-up, you can go to :
Start
Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Information
Once this program appears, go to:
Tools
Configuration Utility System
Start-up
Once in start-up, unclick anything you don't use anymore.
You can unclick everything EXCEPT:
Load Powerprofile
Scan Registry
System Tray

You can start by doing this, what this does is disable the programs to load up on your windows session once you boot.
There are also some programs you can download to test your memory before replacing it...... download simmtester, it's free runs in dos mode. Only prob is it takes around 30 minutes to perform the tests. But at leats you know if it's your memory stick that is defective or not.
Old 02-04-04, 02:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

thanks guys i changed startup items and sofar so good but ill keep you updated. hard drive is 40 gb, memory 256, processor speed is around 1200 mhz, ( i think. it is lik 2 years old it is an amd duron. i think its a duron)
Old 02-05-04, 12:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

Your actually pretty good with what you have. I would personally like a bit more memory and hard drive space but I do a lot of graphics based stuff and i tend to pack rat stuff (thank you god for my 250gb hds ) Anyways.. theres no reason your computer should be acting up based on your system specs.. sounds most likely to be software.

Keep in mind that with win98 its still a good idea to defrag on a somewhat regular basis (every month or two unless you install/uninstall a lot). I think that all my win98 computers ran much better when i kept up on this.

good luck with it

suckr
Closed Thread