sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion


Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-04, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senator Gracken's Avatar
Join Date: Jan-2004
Location: Red Deer, AB
Age: 35
Posts: 100
Send a message via MSN to Senator Gracken
CITES papers

I've been offered a job in the states for the summer. How do i get CITES papers? I assume I need them. Theres 4 possible cities that i'll be stationed in Washington DC, Atlanta, Houston, or Nashville. Thanks for your time, Joseph Elliott
Joseph Elliott
Ravenscroft Reptiles
Reptiles, Orchids, Supplies, and more!
Senator Gracken is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 01-16-04, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Mar-2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Age: 58
Posts: 1,485
If you obtain CITES to take boids to the US, you will then have to do the same to bring them back.
The Canadian wildlife service administers CITES in Canada. They are a divison of Environment Canada
I'm afraid I don't have the number of the Alberta office... Perhaps someone else will
Several years ago I heard talk of a special "temporary transit permit" You should ask them if that is possible to use one permit to export to the US and then again to Canada...It could be tricky.. I don't know anyone that's actually done that.

If you're only being out of the country for a couple months, you'd be best to simply farm your snakes out to someone for a while...
Uncle Roy
Herpetology - more than a hobby
It's a Lifestyle
celebrating 26 years of herp breeding
Stockwell is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-17, Hobby Solutions Inc.


SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0