border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-03, 10:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

I saw it last night...I bought my tickets three weeks before and then had to line up last night. I really don't like standing in line but the movie was worth it.

I feel the same way that I felt right after seeing the first two movies. I liked it, I'm in shock from finally seeing it but I'm torn because so much has changed from the books. I have been a huge fan of the books since I was little and every change that Peter Jackson made is hard to swallow at first.

But, like the other films, I will grow to love it much more as time goes by. I really need to see it a few more times to take it all in. I probably will not see it again for a few months though.

Changes and all...this movie is still very, very good.
Old 12-18-03, 11:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sunrunner Send a message via Yahoo to Sunrunner
Well I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Awsome fight sceens the awsome story by far the best Movie yet I mean damn, but I to will have to see it again to take it all in there was just to much to absorb the first time around I am awfully sad it is over now though. No more LOTR
Sigh.........

~Kim~
Old 12-18-03, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Sure rub it in....meanie !
Old 12-18-03, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to burmer Send a message via MSN to burmer
My wife is taking me Saturday for my birthday and I can't wait.
Old 12-18-03, 07:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

It rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The battle scenes were intense, the story was great and the humor was A1 As far as a favorite........since they all are leading to one point I don't think I could say one was better than another. They were all different and all very good. Can't wait for the trilogy to come out I will definatelt be going again to take in anything I may have missed....oh, and to the big guy who waits until he can watch it on DVD what the heck? You don't miss out on the big screen action with movies like this?...that's just wrong Tim! Shame on you!

Julie
Login to remove ads
Old 12-18-03, 07:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to J-Man
If any of you want more just check out the Silmorillian (There's no way I spelled that correctly). It's basically a history of Middle Earth. There's a short version of the formentioned book and then there's the giant 12 volume version.
Old 12-18-03, 07:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to HetForHuman Send a message via Yahoo to HetForHuman
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim and Julie B
oh, and to the big guy who waits until he can watch it on DVD what the heck? You don't miss out on the big screen action with movies like this?...that's just wrong Tim! Shame on you!

Julie

HAHAH i havent been to the theatre for a movie in years.

But i figure a big screen tv and complete surround sound cranked up all the way is good enough for me.
[10:12pm]@ [Matt] he's all up in there like swimwear.
Old 12-18-03, 07:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Dragons & Balls
It was a great movie and it was a great ending to a series.
The effects were out of this world and unreal.
The only thing that sucks is u have to sit on those seats in the theatres. And it was for about 3 and a half hrs.
Highly recommend seeing the movie..., but if u can wait to see it at ur house I recommend that....
Dragons and Balls
Old 12-18-03, 08:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Long...? HA!

Try getting convinced(drugged, beaten and stuffed in a sack, whatever...) into going to a back-to-back-to-back opening night showings of the EXTENDED versions of the first 2, followed by the 3rd. ADD to that the fact that despite getting there 45 minutes early, we were were stuck in the FIRST damn row!!!

Big fan of the movies, but I don't like Opening Nights all that much. The parts of the movie that were in the 20'X20' area directly in front of me were great though, I'll check it out sometime soon once the crowds die down a bit to see the 'rest' of the film. The battle of Pelennor Fields is amazing though.
Old 12-18-03, 09:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

Hmm....big screen and surround sound eh? But then you miss out on all the teenie boppers and their relentless "Oh my God he's so hot!" comments EVERY TIME LAGOLAS(sp) appears on the screen! And I do mean every single time lol I'll cut you slack this time Tim, but truely nothing beats the theater for movies like these.

Julie
Login to remove ads
Old 12-18-03, 10:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sunrunner Send a message via Yahoo to Sunrunner
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm orlando bloom mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only as an elf though

~Kim~
Old 12-19-03, 02:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

Yeah, what's up with that? Must be the long, blonde hair or something! Then again they are all pretty hot with the long hair, otherwise not so much. Very strange.

Julie

Speaking of hot...........the ad for the chronicles of Ricttick before the LOTR............mmm......Vin Deisel......mmm........
Old 12-19-03, 09:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

REAL MEN don't have pointed ears.....lol
Old 12-19-03, 11:59 AM   #29 (permalink)

I thought it was good, the only thing that bugged me was the ending, they could have done so much better with that ending...

And the fact that it took an hour and a half for the action to actually pick up the pace, but once it did........wow!

My fav is the first one.
Old 12-19-03, 01:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

What part of the ending bugged you? I liked the ending, especially the last line...same as in the books. Although there were a few things that bugged me too.
Closed Thread