border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-03, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Anime Fans?

Anyone out there like anime or manga? What do you watch/read? I have a massive collection of the stuff. If anyone here actually has an intreset in the stuff i'll make a list of my favorite current and classics. Feel free to post anything you're enjoying or have enjoied.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-16-03, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ron

I love the stuff but have started to watch a lot less in the last couple of years. I still have to watch Kill Bill since a lot of people say it's shot like a real life anime. My favorite is Ninja Scroll, I know there are a couple of sequels but I have never bothered to buy them. I actually have forgotten the names of the sequels, do you know the titles?
Old 12-16-03, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wasnt aware the any sequels to Ninja scroll. But there is a 13 eps TV series this year which is ok.

edit: your probably talking about the 2 Ninja Resurrection OVA's. I forgot about them cause the sucked so bad dont waste your time looking for them
Old 12-16-03, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to drewlowe Send a message via Yahoo to drewlowe
Vampire hunter D
1.2 Bearded dragons (Login, Raven, & Jean Grey) 1.1.1 Corn snakes(Havoc,Sable, & Kink0 1.5 Leo's (Psyloke (Lucky-male) Speedball, Domino, Rouge, Siren, Elektra) 1.0 Veiled Chams (Neo), 0.1 Rose Hair T. (Night Crawler) 0.0.3 Crested Geckos (Shiva, Storm, Beast) 0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Tigra & Cloak)
Old 12-16-03, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Right now katey and I are really getting into Inu Yasha (think that's what it's called). it's on i think it's on ytv in canada and cartoon network in the usa

May you live in interesting times.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-16-03, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

yea im a fan. Ninja scrolls series sucks and i live the Movie.

I'm a huge fan of gundam and well... some of mangas movies are good.
Old 12-16-03, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

some fairly good newer series are:
Full Metal Alchemist
Naruto 62 eps and counting
shingetsutan
Gilgamesh
Read Or Die - TV

there are pleanty more which are Unlicenced in the US and available for download. They are fan subbed usually good quality.
Old 12-16-03, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sketchy4
my fav anime shows were gundam wing, tenchi muyo, trigun, and cowboy bebop. but my fav movie is akira by far.
www.mowermusic.com
:eb:
Old 12-16-03, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I thought akira was boring.

Saw one episode of cowboy bebop and the jury is still out on it.

Old 12-16-03, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
I LOVE anime. My favourite series is The Loduss Wars, both the old and the new version. My favourite movie is Princess Mononoke. I also like Gunbuster, Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost In The Shell, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Legend Of Overfiend (gotta love Hentai ), The Guyver, and Psychic Wars just to name a few.
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens
Login to remove ads
Old 12-16-03, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gundam MS-08, Gundam Wing, Record of Lodoss War, *******!!!, Escaflowne, Ninja Scroll, Evangelion .... the list goes on and on.
Old 12-17-03, 09:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Which Record of the Lodoss Wars have you guys seen. The 13 eps OVA or the 27 eps tv series?

Lisa Cowbow Bebop is a classic

Quote:
gotta love Hentai
Hehe that stuffs just so wrong
Old 12-17-03, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to drewlowe Send a message via Yahoo to drewlowe
AHHHHHHH Akira NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I watched that movie twice. Once ummm not all there and the other sober and i will never watch it again, i hope.

Watch out for that milk squirting teddy bear!!!!!!! And the motorcycle that keeps blowing up and never dies.
1.2 Bearded dragons (Login, Raven, & Jean Grey) 1.1.1 Corn snakes(Havoc,Sable, & Kink0 1.5 Leo's (Psyloke (Lucky-male) Speedball, Domino, Rouge, Siren, Elektra) 1.0 Veiled Chams (Neo), 0.1 Rose Hair T. (Night Crawler) 0.0.3 Crested Geckos (Shiva, Storm, Beast) 0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Tigra & Cloak)
Old 12-17-03, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Anyone know if Crying Freeman ever got translated into english? All the copies I've found were in japanese with japanese & chinese subtitles.

Old 12-17-03, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

I was a 'fan' of anime many years ago. My all time favorite would have to be Fist of the North Star. Ninja Scroll is a good one, started off with Akira (seen it to many times..but decent) Seem many others, like The Guyver and some of Gundam...and many other 'no name' movies I cannot remember the names of. I also really got into the old TMNT comics, the ones where they were bad-a$$, cussed and Raphael had tunfa....wish I still had those around eh.

Rattlesnakes of Arizona
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread