border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-03, 08:05 PM   #61 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lilyskip
I think you've gotten some great advice so far, and LOTS of good advice from Chuck and Zoe--I'm not going to repeat it all. Just stop arguing with people. Even if you're trying to be respectful, it probably is interpreted different. It's not about pride or standing up for yourself when it's about something really trivial, and doing so will get you sent to a juvenile center.

Quote:
and how old are you emily fisher like 9 or 10 i really dont think you would no too much about the high school terrior im facing thx
Listen. I know you must think that you are in hell right now or something (high school TERROR??), but the real world is about misunderstandings and respecting people who may be less intelligent than you. Emily may not know about 'high school terror,' but you have no idea what college stress is like, nor do either of us know what it's like to deal with a real job. Be humble, man...life doesn't end in high school, and you're not the only one who's ever had problems.
Old 11-24-03, 01:09 AM   #62 (permalink)
Zoe

Send a message via MSN to Zoe
Quote:
and how old are you emily fisher like 9 or 10 i really dont think you would no too much about the high school terrior im facing thx
Wow, I didn't even see that before. You say you are respectful and such? Well THAT was just a stupid, ignorant comment... not to mention disrespectful. Do you talk to your teachers the same way you talk to people on this site? Well I'd kick you out, too!

Zoe
Old 11-24-03, 09:23 AM   #63 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jaybox_reptiles
What ever like i said i already apoligized to emily k

Jay
Old 11-24-03, 10:02 AM   #64 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to daver676
I think it's great to see a person as young as Emily know what respecting authority is all about. Gives my a little hope for the future. And trust me, if you can't get through high school, then your going to get a BIG wake up call when your actually on your own, whenever that will be...... (probably when your 35 with your attitude.)

Your going to have to put up with **** like this all your life, so get used to it. Be in the wrong for once and accept disciplne.

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn. We ****ed up!"
Old 11-24-03, 10:12 AM   #65 (permalink)

Damn, this turned out to be a huge thread! From what i read, this kid is probably about 14 years old and thinks that the entire world is against him, i used to be like that.

Even though i am a drop out and i know for a fact that there's A LOT of bullshit happening within the educational system and teachers, at the same time there's a lot of good stuff and a lot of good teachers who are willing to teach and not opress.

Even still, just like Daver676 said, you are going to have to put up with a lot of sh*t all your life so get used to it. Grow up.
Old 11-24-03, 10:26 AM   #66 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Dark_Angel_25
Personally I just want to say, that this isn't about apaerclip, mostly because you mentioned on one of your posts on this thread jaybox that they acuse you of drugs etc... are you sure you aren't talking about a ROACH clip they found on you?

Either way, everyone is right, the only way you will be treated like an adult, is to act like an adult. and starting to do it now, is a very good place. if you are so against authority, why not prove them wrong about you??

Old 11-24-03, 10:33 AM   #67 (permalink)

Dark Angel 25 What do you men buy roach clip they found on me???
Old 11-24-03, 10:40 AM   #68 (permalink)

Jaybox: it isn't important, and just so you know, a roach clip is drug paraphenalia. anyway it doesn't really matter like I said what you found if it was a paper clip or not, what is important is you recognize the problems you are having, and actively try to fix it
Old 11-24-03, 10:41 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by jaybox_reptiles
Dark Angel 25 What do you men buy roach clip they found on me???
LOL! What did this "clip" smell like?

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn. We ****ed up!"
Old 11-24-03, 10:46 AM   #70 (permalink)

I dont no what no ones talking about when i said that they could send me to drug rehab even if ive never tutched a drug i was just saying that is how our system works like heres another exp: they could charge me with MIP even if i wasnt drinking the beer
Login to remove ads
Old 11-24-03, 12:30 PM   #71 (permalink)

oh, ok then, I just must have mis-understood you, I apologize.
Old 11-24-03, 12:50 PM   #72 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
It's so simple.

Buck up. Sit down. Shut up. Do the work the teacher tells you to. Keep your mouth shut in class. Do homework.

Presto!

Marisa
Old 11-24-03, 01:28 PM   #73 (permalink)

Darek angel its kool most people mis undrstand what i say because i am dyslexic and dont spell good and put things in sintences all mest up so it all cool thx

Jay
Old 11-24-03, 01:34 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by marisa
It's so simple.

Buck up. Sit down. Shut up. Do the work the teacher tells you to. Keep your mouth shut in class.
Is it wrong that I'm totally turned on by this?

Old 11-24-03, 01:39 PM   #75 (permalink)

Well, different country, different system, different values, but I do hear what you're saying Jay. I read all your posts, and I don't see a rebellious kid, I see a cry for help. If you were a true, out-and-out hardcase rebel, like people are saying, then I don't think you'd bother to come here asking for help, and arguing your corner. You wouldn't care what other people thought!

I think that what people for the most part are saying is right, but I also know that KNOWING what the right thing is and DOING it are two different things, and DOING it is a lot, lot harder.
Especially when you're already looking up out of a big, deep black hole, even if you know it's the hole you've dug yourself!

Here's my input - I was a rebel when at school, rejected teachers' authority in all sorts of ways, I was unpopular, picked on, by both teachers and other students (some of my most humiliating and hurtful memories are from teachers bullying, not other kids), and I generally hated the world.

What I didn't realise then was that my reaction to the stuff around me made me into an unlikeable person, which made more unpleasant stuff happen, which made me react badly, which made me even more unlikeable.

It's a spiral, down, and it doesn't stop until you find that switch inside yourself which helps you to change the way you see things.

So what's that switch gonna be?

How can you look at all the stuff that you feel is really cr@p and see it in a different, more positive way?

What worked for me was realising that 'playing the game' instead of trying to fight it could also be a buzz, a challenge.

I started being helpful. I can't say I ever did a huge amount of schoolwork, but I did enough to get by. But I befriended one or two teachers, and impressed them, and then they're more likely to stand up for you in tight situations.

Showing a good attitude probably achieves more than doing loads of schoolwork - you will be excused poor work if they believe you have tried your very, very hardest!!!

I changed my attitude when I was 16. This approach got me through the rest of my education, got me a college place (which was the best fun I ever had!), and has got me several fairly high powered jobs, and everyday I deal with people who I think are wrong, or stupid, or nasty, or whatever, but I still 'play the game'. And even when the other person thinks they've won, or they think it was all their idea, I win, because the job gets done because of the work that I've done, and I get reward and recognition.

And all those people at school, who caused me so much heartache? Well I've probably achieved more than most of them!!! Now that's funny!

So all I'm suggesting is play along for a while, and see where that gets you. Sometimes you have to bite back the things you wanna say, but just remember that can put you in a position of greater power in the longer term. You don't see poker players shouting their opinions out loud, do you? Silence can be the strongest weapon, sometimes, and a few, carefully chosen words are priceless.

Sorry for going on a bit too long,
Briggy

Last edited by brig; 11-24-03 at 01:42 PM..
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread