border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-03, 12:15 AM   #16 (permalink)

That's great news Jenn! I wouldn't want to host my own show, but I'd love to work on one. Put a lot of effort in to it and I think it would be successful! Is it only on local North Bay telivision? I'd love to see it.

Martin
Old 11-15-03, 12:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Mason
well done,
don't forgett to include things like frogs, and other exotic pets.

maybe include a blurb on what to do when bitten!

Good luck and have fun, if you want me as a guest, I'll be there!

bludgenourz@msn.com
Old 11-15-03, 02:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

congratulations! thats a lucky break that very few of us get.

I wish you the best of luck on wherever direction you take the show!
Old 11-15-03, 03:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

Very cool Jenn!! Good luck with it!
Old 11-15-03, 06:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Slannesh
Very Cool Jen, This could be an amazing opportunity for you! Maybe you'll get picked up by the discovery channel or something
Login to remove ads
Old 11-15-03, 07:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
I am verry happy for you. As a first episode I would do a walk through of herps in a general sence first.
Basic habitate conditions and such do not jump in let the public know that herps are easy to house E.I rubermaids coustom built enclosures and such or you will see a wave of impluse buys in the Ontario Quebec are. That is just My personal oppinion.

I would start by listing the most comen reptiles known to ppl Boas, Pythons, colubrinds.
Iguanas, Anolis, berded dragons and such...
dedicat a few min with a Arachnide care sheat every week.

that can easaly cover 4 weeks of info at 30 min a pop.

then warm into keep them as display animals like "fish" frist then show how some can be "Pet's" show them the expensive way to keep them first.

then you can have a 1 hour X-mas special LOL and ask a reputable breeder if you could make a special on captive husbandry and keeping of large collections

PS
Chose your host wisly. cause he/she will be the image the general public will relate to the right way of herp care. Then you could make your home made cage segment cause ppl will know how to set up expesive aquariums and stuff so when you show them how to make large cages for less $$$ chances they will use what was taught in the previous segments to make the proper dicissions for caging decorations and so on well I do not wana preach to you on how to construct your first season and such just a few ideas that came to mind I will be more then happy to help you fill in 30 min on a topic just Pm Me if you get wrighters block and want some frech ideas or if you are uncertin about what you should open with for your first few episodes.

dont jump to all the cool stuff first LOL or your carrier will be short lived cause you will not know what to put up in 3 monts time.

Take care and good luck but above all have fun if you can have fun the public will have fun with you and you will have a positive out come.

The ReptiZone
Marc Doiron & Lucie Masson
Old 11-15-03, 07:24 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Emily-Fisher
That's awesome, Jenn!! Good luck!! I'm sure that you're going to do a great job knowing you
I'm sort of like Martin... I wouldn't want my <i>own</i> tv show but it would be a blast to be a guest on one.
You should consider doing a little something on invertebrates too even if they aren't herps.
It would be cool to do an episode on like how to pick out an animal from a petstore. Even if you encourage buying the animals online, I guarantee that at least 75% of the watchers are still going to buy their reptiles from petstores so it would be a good idea to teach them how to pick out a healthy herp.

Good luck! I'm sure that your show is going to kick a**!
Old 11-15-03, 07:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Hey Jenn,

I wish you all the best in this exciting endeavour. Make sure t let everyone know when it hits the air waves. I will definitely make time to watch.

Cheers
Jim
Old 11-15-03, 10:04 AM   #24 (permalink)

Good luck, Jenn! And please, definitely include as much conservation info as possible, especially about local species in the wild. I can put you in touch with researchers on various species if you want.

Jeff Hathaway
Sciensational Sssnakes!!
Old 11-15-03, 11:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SerpentLust
Thanks everyone for your kind words

chondro python: I did choose a host It'll be me! lol My dad's going to be working on the effects, cut aways, all that stuff, all the editting.

Emily: Of course I'm going to do Inverts

Jenn
Old 11-15-03, 11:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Best of luck, we need more reptile shows. lots of hard work ahead of you though, it's not easy putting on a show, specially week after week. I wouldn't bad mouth buying from petstores though, specially if you want to open one.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 11-15-03, 01:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SerpentLust
Lisa: Good point lol I was actually going to go for the whole, "It is more advisable to buy from breeders or specialized pet stores, however if you should choose to go to a pet store, here are some tips to getting yourself a healthy animal..."

Jenn
Old 11-15-03, 02:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I'd suggest saying you can save money by going direct to a breeder, but casting any sort of negative light on petstores is bad for business (they might be your sponsors)

May you live in interesting times.
Old 11-15-03, 09:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
no i was talking a bout the one hour special you could do at a breeders facilaty if you are going to some ones place that person is your host cause you are a guest in his/her home. that is what i ment chose that person wisly cause ppl will see and base them selves on what they see the "profecional" do.

sorry for the mix up