border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-03, 09:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active

It happens. Some people lose interest. Happens with more than just herps. I personally haven't and would be shocked if I ever did. They are my kids. I sometimes get a little overwhelmed and wish for a split second it hadn't acheived these proportions, but then reality comes back and smacks me in the head and I remember how much I love it all and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world
Old 11-04-03, 09:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to snakelover111 Send a message via Yahoo to snakelover111
Quote:
Maybe trade some of it away for species you haven't owned before?
well, i may get back into the hobby though and go back to tons of herps but im gonna always keep at least one herp
Old 11-04-03, 09:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to lordkovacs
i went throught that a while back. then i had the idea to take my corn into school to show the kids (i'm a school teacher). now i am very much into spreading the good word aobut herps, and trying to dispell myths. it has given me the motivation to be excited about it again.. cause i see how my students are excited and I can relate.
Old 11-04-03, 10:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to RachelS. Send a message via Yahoo to RachelS.
It's called "burnout". You get a bunch of herps and then just start losing interest because you devote all your time and money to them. I've gone through this phase a few times before, but it goes away after a while and when I chat with my herper buddies and such. I know people that get rid of all their reptiles and soon go back to them. If its your true interest you will stay with it or go back to it, if not that's okay... it doesn't mean your a bad person. Maybe you'll get over it, who knows.

Oh well, I probably didn't do much, but I tried *rolls eyes*
Old 11-04-03, 11:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Phox Send a message via MSN to Phox Send a message via Yahoo to Phox
Quote:
Originally posted by RachelS.
It's called "burnout". You get a bunch of herps and then just start losing interest because you devote all your time and money to them. I've gone through this phase a few times before, but it goes away after a while and when I chat with my herper buddies and such.

Ditto on that! I tend to burnout on things that I get overly obsessed with too quickly. Its definately important to spend time with your herps, but dont spend ALL of your time with them. Devoting all of your time to anything is, IMO, why alot of people burnout.
Old 11-05-03, 12:11 AM   #21 (permalink)

Well, it only happened with my crickets. Two times i get new colonies and both times all gone. Suddenly i started to loose interest breeding crickets.
With herps once time i felt that way (then i had 50 herps) the time was not always on my side (plus that i keep and care for mealworms, crickets 3 spp, mice, rats).
So, i sell of some of my collection but i kept those first or/and "big loves"
I cannot imagine myself without herps and music.
They say i'm not hooked with drugs but i think they're lyin!
I'm surely hooked on herps and music!
~Greg~