border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-03, 01:30 PM   #31 (permalink)

Irwin has done more to advance our cause then anyone else. He is often criticized for now knowing his stuff, but that is bunk. He is one of the top herpetologists in the world. He keeps his comments on the level of his audience, which is very wise. If people couldnít understand what he was talking about, then they would lose interest in what he was saying. He free-hands snakes and jumps over sized crocs, but that is what elevated him and his show. What he does captures peopleís attention! I think herpetology has expanded because of Irwin, conservation is higher, and our future as keepers is safer because of him. Most of the world has watched him at one time or another. As all of you know, we are losing rights to keep reptiles almost daily. Think about it, the next generation of lawmakers will have been raised watching this guy and if you donít believe that is an ace in the hole for us, then you are insane.
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 10-25-03, 04:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
As for people free handling snakes because they saw Irwin do it and getting bit, all I can say is that it's the hand of Father Darwin at work. Survival isn't just for the physicaly fit, but the mentaly fit too. If they're stupid enough to play with a venomous animal after they've been told not to then they deserve to die.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 10-25-03, 07:33 PM   #33 (permalink)

my hero
Old 10-25-03, 07:41 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mike177 Send a message via MSN to Mike177 Send a message via Yahoo to Mike177
Quote:
ii dont know much about mark oshea but steve irwin is wwaaaaaaay smarter
I SEROULY doubt that. mark has spent his herpotoligy carer studying anamals and writing books about them, i find marks shows to be much more interesting myslef because I rather watch for information that watching some guy dance around like an idoit. Also dose steve even have anykind of collage degree? not that its is a factor that judjes how smart you are but im pretty shure mark has his Ph.D. i can see why people like steves shows but it alwas amazes me watching what he does.
Old 10-25-03, 07:55 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BlkMambaVenom
I prefer Jeff Corwin or Nigel Marven. They both seem to know what they are talking about and I do not think Jeff or Nigel take as many "stupid" risks as Steve does. Plus, to me, when I watch Steve... I feel like I am in 3rd grade by the way he and Terri talk/explain things. I guess thats why i do not watch his show much.
Brittany
Login to remove ads
Old 10-25-03, 11:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
I dont think it matters at all whether you went to school or anyting..its about the hands on experience you;ve had with the actaul animals...i agree that they do explain things like were dumb but the point of there show is to try and teach people who know nothing about these animals..he states that in almost everyshow(irwin) People like us who have read, kept, and worked with reptiles or other animals when he explains stuff it sounds dumb because we already know that..get my drift I have never seen mark so i cant say anything about him but going to school means nothingabout how much you know about something imo...
Old 10-25-03, 11:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to maiden_canada
steve irwin grew up with his dad who was exactley like him, so he learned tons of stuff from his dad, and also steve lived in the wild for either 2-3 months or 2 years im not sure which one, but theres no way mark oshea has more overall knowledge of animals then steve. maybe about ''some'' snakes but definatly not smarter then steve, haha steve is crazy he even named his daughter after his favorite croc bindi and his dog suie = bindi-sue
Old 10-26-03, 12:37 AM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mike177 Send a message via MSN to Mike177 Send a message via Yahoo to Mike177
Quote:
but going to school means nothingabout how much you know about something imo...
Quote:
not that its is a factor that judjes how smart you are
Closed Thread