border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-03, 06:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jaybox_reptiles
yea but steve irwin is about the only herper on tv that has never in his life been bite by a Venimous reptile
Old 10-24-03, 07:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

This topic comes up alot and has been HEAVILY discussed. Here is one of the longer and more in depth threads.

Irwin Thread
Old 10-24-03, 12:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I like steve and jeff, even though they both stage stuff. I have seen the barefoot bushman, and he's interesting but doesn't have the charisma the other two have.

There's also the nikon series which I read in reptiles magazine. in all of them I've seen free handling of venomous snakes.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 10-24-03, 02:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Wildkingdom
I think Steve is great!!!! Who wouldn't give to do what he is doing?

Tammy

Finally I Die When I Get Poisoned by These M&M's
Old 10-24-03, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sunrunner Send a message via Yahoo to Sunrunner
I like steve he has done alot as far as ppl looking at reptiles in another light other than just boots and bags, he is a little careless though, but hey if he wasn't then would he have not just been like Mark O'shea? not that marks not good he is one of the best but he was not really t.v. material it was his crazyness that got him the rating as it was
Me I like Jeff Corwin alot He's funny as hell.

~Kim~
Login to remove ads
Old 10-24-03, 04:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to maiden_canada
i dont like jeff corwin, i saw him tie up a camen and everything like a 10foot camen and put it through all this stress (steve would never do that) just to show the camera his underbelly? then he just untied it and dropped it on the ground. steve never even uses a snake stick, he just brakes a branch off a tree whenever he needs one
Old 10-24-03, 04:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
Steve Irwin is the greatest guy ever! He is deffinetly what got me into herping. I think, as other people have said, he would die for crocs. He loves all animals and i have never seen him do anything un-needed to an animal..other then handling but i mean like putting it through a lot of stress for nothing..if he does he takes down information that could help them in the future. Another point is that he know A LOT..the guy knows everything about every animal, reptiles and other!..anyways i think he is great and when people say hes careless i would say hes the complete opposite..he knows when he can let a snake crawl on his face or not..btw the only poisounis snake i have ever seen him do that to was some sort of sea snake that he said would never bite in a millionyears. I respect him a lot.
Old 10-24-03, 04:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Why on earth do people keep creating these posts?? All they do is end in stupidity.. Theres way to many ways to look at this hobby to ask a question like this. Steve, Jeff, Mark etc all look at the hobby in their own way, and their show is done in their own style... Knocking any of them usually ends in conflict.... in one way or another..
Old 10-24-03, 05:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

I have heard the criticism that Steve and Jeff stage stuff. I would say that it's just that kind of show. It's not a show about field research it's about just showing the animal and learning a bit about it. I don't expect them to find a wild animal for the show, if they have to stage finding the animal so that we can see what it looks like and where and how it lives that's fine with me. It doesn't take anything away in my eyes.

No one I've seen can handle snakes and anticipate their moves the way Steve does. Who else free handles a 10 foot, angry black mamba?
Old 10-24-03, 06:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Reguardless of our opinions about any of these TV hosts, if it were not for them, our hobby would not be what it is today.
They have done alot for conservation and awareness of reptiles.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-24-03, 07:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
steve never even uses a snake stick, he just brakes a branch off a tree whenever he needs one
Exactly why I can't stomach his show.

Quote:
Who else free handles a 10 foot, angry black mamba?
Again why it boils my blood.
Old 10-24-03, 07:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to killer Cichlidz Send a message via MSN to killer Cichlidz
Awsome topic! I prefer to watch all of them and some of them will have exciting and interesting topics n herp hunts.

Although I believe Steve n Jeff have great shows, Mark really is the true herper, in My opinion.

His stuff is not staged and he is a real go getter. Jeff, well, his more of a comic than a herper.....lol

Steve just rules, very exciting show, very informative, and honestly, that guy would die for that Croc he loves so much.

Staged>>>>>>people have questions about that, well I think Steve and Jeff's shows are staged because of the simple fact that crew members are always at the scene before they are Steve or Jeff is even there. Mark and his camera man>>>>>run like hell to get to that snake or whatever it is that he is searching for.

Lu
Old 10-24-03, 07:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

He educates people about reptiles so he is OK by me...like his methods or not
Old 10-25-03, 07:32 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Wuntu Menny
Stevo blows...

WM

With a side plate of steaming entrails,
And a nice Bordeaux!
Old 10-25-03, 09:11 AM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JoeBradley Send a message via Yahoo to JoeBradley
Quote:
yea but steve irwin is about the only herper on tv that has never in his life been bite by a Venimous reptile
I heard that this statement is no longer true. I do not remember if it was Jim Harrison or Roark Anderson that told me he got hit by a king brown not long ago and had to have antivenom. I have found no documentation to back this though.
Closed Thread