sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-03, 08:39 PM   #61 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Corey Woods
I saw it yesterday and it was a good movie!

Corey Woods Reptile
See what's hatching out. Visit the birthing record....
CWR Birthing Record
Old 10-19-03, 09:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
Greetings all,

Just a few corrections, very nit-picky things but I had to study true-crime for a long time in University resulting in my inability to resist a post like this:

There is no serial killer by the name of Bill Gacey, there was, however, the alluringly deranged fellow "Pogo the Clown" AKA John Wayne Gacey.

Indeed, Mr. Bundy, did hit women with a blunt object and abducted them in his car. His ploy was that of a disabled man in need of assistance. Reportedly, when a woman came to his aid he struck her with his arm or leg (which he kept in a cast) *you will note the parallel in this tactic in Silence of the Lambs*

The ghoul from Plainfield, Wisconsin is Ed Gein, not Gain or Gains or any other derivation thereof (note also, Ed is not a serial killer as he murdered but two women).

The most intriguing killer is Albert Fish (IMO), not so much for the magnitude of his killings (or lack thereof) but due to his perversions. Anyone interested should read some of Harold Schechter's work on unfolding the deep chasms that are the minds of these people.

Fun fact: My nit-picky ways came to an interesting culmination when I noticed a misquote in American Psycho (fabulously dark book, mediocre film adaptation). Some may recall the scene where the main character (Patrick Bateman) is regaling his group with a quote from Ed Gein (about what Ed apparently thinks to himself when he sees a pretty woman) when in fact the man that uttered this line in a magazine interview was Edmund Kemper.

As is evident, there is a lot of misconception and confusion surrounding this taboo topic. But like all things taboo, it must be discussed and analyzed in order to be understood.

Finally, it is noted that Thomas Harris, Tobe Hooper and Alfred Hitchcock have all confessed that Ed Gein was the inspiration for the characters in their respective books/films, it is up to you to decide what is meant by inspired.

Last edited by Removed_2815; 10-21-03 at 10:39 AM..
Old 10-20-03, 09:13 AM   #63 (permalink)
Don't get into Fish.. Now thats twisted stuff!! Albert Fish is one disturbing SOB. RM, ever read the letter he wrote to his first victims mother? disturbing, very very disturbing.....
Old 10-20-03, 01:37 PM   #64 (permalink)
I read the letter to Grace's mother to an audience during a presentation four years ago (it was requested that I refrain from "holding back" in my seminar - I didn't hold back).
Old 10-20-03, 10:58 PM   #65 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
V.hb,I don't think Grace was his first victim.

Also,RMB,you are correct that Ed Gein is NOT a serial killer by the definition of a serial killer. BUT if you are to look for him on some crime web pages he is listed under serial killers.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-21-03, 08:31 AM   #66 (permalink)
It was the first victim.. He had never murdered before, however he did do many henious and perverted acts..
Old 10-21-03, 08:48 AM   #67 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to katev17
If you haven't seen the original, I'd suggest you see it, too... (My brother is an insane movie critic, and he said that the new one was managed to be made boring, so if you liked the new one, maybe you'll LOVE the old one...)

The old one is awesome, I haven't seen the new one.... yet.... I'm hoping to get out and see that and Kill Bill this weekend.

ps - I'm still waiting to hear from someone that's gone to rent The Grudge ..... :|
Everytime that I look at myself I can't believe how awesome I am.
...The first rule of journalism is: Don't talk about journalism... or was that Fight Club?
Old 10-21-03, 10:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
LOL Mike and I saw it the other day with my friend and her bf. I swear she had the next chainsaw situation waiting to happen next to her. Some crazypants was laughing, swearing, giggling, mumbling constantly through the whole thing... in addition to which he kept staring at her, punching air, and punching the seats
Old 10-22-03, 04:16 PM   #69 (permalink)
Please Email Boots
Hahaha Thorn07! That's exactly what Tim was thinking too. That movie kicked arses and I would even go to the theater again to see it. Very twisted story. I wonder if they will re-make the sequel-Leatherface? That'd be cool

Closed Thread