border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-03, 08:50 PM   #46 (permalink)

"Inevitably, the 'BASED ON A TRUE STORY' doesn't quite hit as hard these days, as Hooper openly admits on the TCM DVD commentary to Daniel Pearl that the real true story is about Ed Gein, which is more or less common knowledge."

I came across an article a few minutes ago about the remake, thought some of you may find it interesting.. If you wanna read the whole article, just go HERE
Old 10-15-03, 08:51 PM   #47 (permalink)

No problem. I graduated college and as a film major, and I hate to see people being duped by crappy movie marketing.
Old 10-15-03, 09:39 PM   #48 (permalink)

How does anyone here have the right to say what ed gien was or what he thought or where he got his ideas inless you are him then you should say in my opnion because thats all it is. All i was saying is that an urban legend that sounds almost identical to the movie has exixted in texas awhile even longer then the story that the movie was origanally based on. MAybe the prodeucers and writers just wanted a reason where they could say based on actual events so they used the Ed gien thing you never know what goes on inthese peoples heads. I read alot about giens and the urban legend and they are laot alike, in the legend it tales of the weird things made from human incraments. I just gave a short summary of basic parts of the tale, when actually told the teller adds details and stuff to make it extra scary to add a personal touch. Whoes to say that Ed didnt hear the legend think that sounds funn and go and do it, maybe the legend is true maybe it was covered up are goverments as ****ed up as it can be and full of cover ups you just never really know. I admitt I dont I'm just giving my opnion and what I know about the subject. I'm sorry for using the R word where I come from no-one thinks of it as offnesive the south is alot diffrient from the north. Again I apologize!!!
Old 10-15-03, 10:02 PM   #49 (permalink)

Stop saying "Based on" its not "based on" anything. It doesnt claim to be "based on" anything. Its "inspired by" and that doesnt mean anything. Every story is inspired by something. All forms of creativity are inspired by something. Its just marketing.
Old 10-15-03, 10:05 PM   #50 (permalink)

Fine i'm so sorry for saying based on but i dont see a difference a base is the bottom of something therefore no matter how far fetched from the origanal it was still based on it because it was the base of the thought the base of inspiration.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-15-03, 10:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

The Urban legand that Thorn07 told sounds a lot like Wrong turn as well. The based Horror movies are based on the weird urban myths.

By the way no body spend any money what so ever to see House of the Dead it is more cheesy then Blood sucking Nazi Zombies from Hell, Pigs and all those old movies combined. Don't even rent it! It is a *hitty movie.
Old 10-15-03, 10:19 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
you got that right I stayed for 30 min then I walked out and demanded My money back I got 2 free passes.

the movie is based on a game made by sega need I say more eber 15 min there is a snape shot a video game screan it is purly scrap it is not worth the film it was recorded with.
Old 10-15-03, 10:24 PM   #53 (permalink)

I was talking about zombies movie, but I was going to house of the dead tomorrow and now I won't so thnx for that one to.
Old 10-16-03, 01:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

Dahm I wish I had known it was based on a video game before I went.
Trust me you've made a good decision. Watch your money burn would be a better use for it then seeing that not even a C movie.
Old 10-16-03, 05:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

I knew it was about a game but tomb raider was good and so was resident evil.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-16-03, 05:38 PM   #56 (permalink)

How about the movie of Bill Gacey. I found it pretty good. Was more down to earth than other based on a true story ones.
Old 10-17-03, 11:36 AM   #57 (permalink)

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was taken far more accurately from the life of Ed Gein, although director Tobe Hooper invented a whole family to be responsible for the heinous crimes that, in reality, were the work of just one man."

If you want to read the whole article go here.... Article
Old 10-17-03, 11:38 AM   #58 (permalink)

I've watched Gein, Gacey, Dahmer and Bundy.. I've yet to watch one that could really keep my interest in the movie.. I find it interesting what made these guys tick, and its interesting to see it on screen, but the acting is just sooo horrible.. And in Gacey, it takes soo long to get to anything good, as with the others. I believe it was Bundy (correct me if im wrong, im half asleep) but him walking up to women and just hitting em over the head with something in broad daylight and putting em in his car was just hilarious.. The people at Blockbuster looked at me funny when i went in and rented these movies on the same day :P i wonder why.. hmmmmm..
Old 10-18-03, 02:06 AM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
Well I finaly saw it man what a wait it is the best horror filck sines I was 4-5. It is a 80's style movie but with 20th century graphics.
And when you see the movie you quickly realise that it is not based on Ed Gains.

they have Video footage of the place it hapend the Actual House taken from the Police video archives it was clasifide Info for so long but now it was seen. The reason I know it was not based on Ed gains died in a mental Hospital and his case was closed but this story to thois day still remainse open as a cold case.

If you have a strong stomack go and see the movie here in Montreal we are lucky that the age to get in was only 16 but it realy should have ben a 18+ movie but that is just me.

I will not spoile the movie and hope others wount eaither.
To me it is the best thing since slised bread. And for thows that saw the original go see it any way it has and alternet ending and has some realy graphic added scenes a MUST SEE for all thows Horror fans out there. and that includes you Ohh christina...LOL
Old 10-19-03, 08:05 PM   #60 (permalink)

I just got back from seeing it, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i totally agree with chondro. One thing that did come to mind is "How big is the fking gas tank on that chainsaw" din't anybody else wonder? In all it was a great movie and they had actual film from the actual thing and it was in texas.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread