border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-03, 04:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Lets do it...lol

-Steve-
Old 10-15-03, 05:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Quote:
Originally posted by katev17
If anyone's ever seen House of 1000 Corpses (Rob Zombie) .... (btw, if you haven't seen it, don't) ... it's a total ripoff of TCM.
Kate
That is the whole point of the movie. Rob Zombie thought there hasn't been a good horror movie since the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out. So he went and made his own. Such a creative guy.
Old 10-15-03, 05:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pixie

Although he was only convicted of two murders, it is rumored that he killed over a dozen women. Body parts of many were found around his house but they were never able to link them to missing women.

What really surprises me is that the movie is based on Ed Gein? From my recollection of the book, he never used a chainsaw. I can't see how that came in!

Actually he only did kill two people. And all the body parts were from the graves he had robbed. I won't go on about him as this IS a family site.

Now the movie is loosely,VERY loosely based on Ed Gein. The movie itself isn't based off of him. The character Leatherface is based off Geins. And only a small part of Leatherface is taken from Geins and that is his mask made out of human skin.
Old 10-15-03, 06:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to katev17
Don't forget the phrase 'Based on a true story'... meaning... someone killed someone... so they based a movie on that.

I think the only thing worse than watching Rob Zombies' 'House of 1000 Corpses' was watching it while sitting beside a guy with a Rob Zombie shirt and matching hat... who also smelled a little like he's been living in a house with 1000 corpses....

Kate
Old 10-15-03, 06:26 PM   #35 (permalink)

The story contrary is not based on Ed Gien liek many people presumeably think. Its based on an actual account of Texas history or urban myth based long before the inccedents of Ed Gien. The legend goes that it happened but was covered up by the goverment or local law enforcement because they were in on it, most the time its just the local law enforcement. These people lived somwhere in counrty on a huge plot of land near a small bum ****ed town in the middle of texas inbtween midland and dallas. It was an old man[which charistics are surprislingly like to that of Ed gien] and his two sons one of which was ********. They would dig up peoples bodies and then make stuff from the skin and what not. Then when somones came across their land and saw the house they were kiled the family ate them they started to put booby traps on the land and get strangers who came on their land. They used the meat to make a chili they entered in the local fair and won their secret got around the whole town of freaky poeple were in on it. So dont go on people land that you dont know[big thing in rural texas} is the moral story there. Whether the storyis actually true or not I do not know but thats a summary of the urbn legend that has been told forever in texas or where i'm from. Another version sais they all went to prison and letherface escaped on the way and is now seen on the roads inbetween midland and dallas hitch hikingnew moral dont pick up hitch hikers!!!
Login to remove ads
Old 10-15-03, 06:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

i see aaron knows his stuff.. good job
saves me explaining stuff.. haha..
Old 10-15-03, 06:33 PM   #37 (permalink)

Amen....no hitch-hiking....and downloading free stuff is o.k. to me until the over-payed Canadian government can find a tax for typing band names and blinking ...(what the f....??) lol...P.S. they got my tax money from my computer purchase...go rob Bill Gates, Jean!!! lmao!!!!
Old 10-15-03, 06:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

In the urban legend I've heard since I was 3 a chainsaw was never used either and leatherface wasnt called so its just so obvios the connection between him and the ******** son. The Ed gien stroy seems alot alike the urban legend but I'm sure the legend came first maybe he heard it and thats where he got his ideas. I also have done lots of research on gien and[a trailer for the movie just came on my tv SO KOOL] I know the whole stroy i'm sure there is a connection i dont beleive in coincedences.
Old 10-15-03, 06:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

it keeps blamking put r-e-t-a-r-t-e-d- i dotn know why its not a bad word i mean somone is mentally reatarted thats not badd to say i mean its not offensive. but thats what it keeps blanking out
Old 10-15-03, 06:59 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to katev17
It IS offensive, in some cases more than others... it's not proper at all and over the years has become a very derogatory term. It's obviously offensive if it's being blanked out, so it's best that it be left alone...Choose another word, maybe?

Kate
Login to remove ads
Old 10-15-03, 08:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

No,the movie IS NOT based anything remotely real except for the part with Ed Gein. The whole urband legend is just that an urban legend....they say it is based off a true story but it is not. It is to get better ratings and a better turn out.

Sucks to be you Kate if you got stuck sitting next to a guy like that.

Now saying "Based on a true story" doesn't actually tell us what part of the movie is real or not. I say none of it really happened. Producers might just say that with very lil actually being real to like I said,boost viewings.
Old 10-15-03, 08:45 PM   #42 (permalink)

Aaron is the first person to being close to right. First of all, it does not say "based on a true story" IT SAYS "Inspired by a true story" Meaning, the writer was sitting in his house, saw something about Ed Gein on the news, and decided to write his own story about a killer.

Its just marketing. Plain and simple.

And you know how I know it isnt based on any Texas urban legend? Watch any interview with the producer, writer, or director, and they talk about how it was "inspired" by the ed gein events.

And the Ed Gein movie,....it sucked. You could see dead people breathing.
Old 10-15-03, 08:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorn07
The Ed gien stroy seems alot alike the urban legend but I'm sure the legend came first maybe he heard it and thats where he got his ideas. I also have done lots of research on gien
I don't get what you are saying...if you HAVE done your research then you would notice that he subscribed to magazines that were all about cannibals and head shrinking. He didn't get his ideas from an urban legend! He is a sick and twisted individual who thought to do this stuff.
I won't list what he has done....kinda gross.
Old 10-15-03, 08:46 PM   #44 (permalink)

Inspired. Not based. Big difference.
Old 10-15-03, 08:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks stkkts
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread