sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-03, 07:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
It's easy to show that snakes aren't an image of Satan. Just show him a picture of Pat Buchanan and ask if he can tell the difference.LOL!
I feel a little light headed... maybe you should drive...
Old 09-17-03, 08:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
So My question is this, any other scripture I could use to show snakes are not of Satan?
The basis of the snake handling movement are based on:
Mark 16:18
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Luke: 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Acts 28:3-5
And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

This doctrine will most likely not likely assist you in convincing your parents to allow you to keep snakes, but this may help. What they are basing their claims on is a false perception. The Hebrew word that the King James scholars translated to serpent, did not mean snake. The word meant supplanter. Old Testament theologian Dr Wymal Porter believes that it was a bird, like a talking parrot, that convinced Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. The snake in no way has any biblical connection to Satan.
__________________ 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Closed Thread