border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-03, 01:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Invictus
Pia - Which animals are allowed and which are not, is primarily provincial and municipal jurisdiction. Anacondas are perfectly legal in Canada, but some provinces such as Alberta and Saskatchewan have banned them. I don't know about any other provinces though, but I don't think the Ontario Fish & Wildlife has banned ANY herps. (Can anyone confirm/deny?) Individual cities are banning them left right and center though.
Old 09-12-03, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Quote:
Originally posted by Invictus
Pia - Which animals are allowed and which are not, is primarily provincial and municipal jurisdiction. Anacondas are perfectly legal in Canada, but some provinces such as Alberta and Saskatchewan have banned them. I don't know about any other provinces though, but I don't think the Ontario Fish & Wildlife has banned ANY herps. (Can anyone confirm/deny?) Individual cities are banning them left right and center though.
Certain native species are prohibited with out a permit. More info at www.ontarioherpers.org/laws/ (it has some bylaws of cities). also the permit overrides the bylaws of the cities. Ie if you get a permit for a massasauga rattler you can keep it in the GTA which has banned all venomous snakes. Permits aren't easy to get though.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 09-13-03, 03:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Pia

Thanks, Invictus and Lisa.

SerpentLust, that's unfortunate, sounds like you're better off being out of there. Silly of your boss to let you go too because many new herp owners don't realize they need some of the stuff they do and by you helping them, it may lead to extra sales. Also, a well informed owner is much less likely to bring a herp back because of health problems or because they realize it isn't suitable for them. Finally, if the customer knows you're knowledgeable and helpful, they will hopefully become repeat customers for all their herp needs from heat bulbs to possibly another pet.
Old 09-13-03, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to KrokadilyanGuy3 Send a message via Yahoo to KrokadilyanGuy3
Quote:
KrokadilyanGuy3, I've been breeding normal Ball Pythons since 1996.
Nice, Haven't really heard anything on anyone breeding normals unless they were for food or the results of breeding hets and all that fancy whatknot you get from trying to get morphs and such.

Quote:
And normals are indirectly produced when breeding het to het and when breeding co-doms to normal females. The whole morph thing has INCREASED normal production on North America 10000x!!

I am aware and never doubted CB Balls are abundant, just was curious if anyone bred them on purpose as an active routine; Getting them from the results of breeding Co-doms and hets for morphs doesn't generally count for the purpose of my question.. But I like to see some people are still breeding normals.

Xain
Old 09-13-03, 11:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sapphire_moon Send a message via Yahoo to sapphire_moon
I know it might be kind of off topic, but how do I find out what herps are banned in my area?

Mischief~ Hamster
Login to remove ads
Old 09-14-03, 06:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SerpentLust
sapphire_moon: Here you go: http://www.ontarioherpers.org/laws/

Jenn