I failed -- LOL... but it's early, and I haven't had any caffeine! That's my excuse
Subject: Ready For A Quick General Knowledge Test?
Exercise of the brain's circuitry is as important as exercise of our
As we grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert.
The saying: 'If you don't use it you'll lose it' also applies to exercising our brain power. Below is a very private way to gauge any loss of our intelligence over time.
The following brief test may assist in determining any degree of loss we might be experiencing:
(1) What do you put in a toaster ?
If you said toast, then give up now .. and go do something else. If you said, 'bread,' then move on to the next question.
(2) Say silk stocking .. silently .. or five times. Now spell the word
silk. And what is it that cows drink ?
Cows drink water. If you said milk, please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over-stressed and may now be even overheated. You may you need to content yourself
with reading something more appropriate such as the 'World Of Children'. However, if you said water, then please proceed.
(3) If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks, what is a green house made from ?
Answer: Glass; if you said green bricks, what the devil are you still
doing here reading these questions ? But, if you answered this question right, here's your next question.
(4) Many years ago, a hypothetical East Germanairliner was flying
over Europe. During the flight, due to pilot error, all of the aircraft's jet engines failed. The pilot crashed into no man's land precisely between East and West Germany. The international legal question is where would the survivors be buried? East Germany, West Germany, or perhaps in the 'no mans land' division between the two hostile countries
Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors. If you said anything else, you have identified yourself as a real dunce who must, in
the future, never attempt to help rescue anyone from a plane crash. If you answered correctly, please proceed.
(5) If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute, then how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour ?
Answer: One degree. If you said 360 degrees or anything other than 'one degree,' you're to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously now out of your league. So, please turn
in your test pencil, and exit the room. Everyone else proceed to the final question.
(6) Now, without using a calculator, you are driving a bus from London to Wales. In London, 17 people enter the empty bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get in. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. You finally arrive at Milford Haven in Wales. What was the name of the bus driver?
Answer: If you'd carefully read the first line, you know the correct
answer; congratulations my brainy friend.