border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-03, 11:48 AM   #31 (permalink)

oh wow! Hot snakes, hot topic, hot debate. This is so good someone will have to stop it, I can see it. Now it's important to note that there are all sorts of different groups of people that call themselves Christians. From the gentlest, turn-the-other-cheek, compasionate and socially responsible people who's politics are quite progressive, to the twisted right wing fringe groups like the ***. All pass the test to be able to call themselves Christians: they hold the stated belief that Christ was the son of God. That's why it's important not to lump everyone that claims to believe in Christ into the same category. Maybe God actually does speak to all of these people, it's hard to say. And maybe if God tells the ones who have a habit of voting for the party that eliminates the minimum wage, outlaws organized labour and opens the door for the 14 hour work days these same people are having to work to play with rattlers and drink poison maybe God knows what he's doing.
Old 08-27-03, 11:49 AM   #32 (permalink)

P.s I would gladly stand face to face and tell them
Old 08-27-03, 11:51 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I do not see how putting your life in danger has anything to do with believing in Jesus Christ
It is following the commands of Jesus Christ.

Mark 16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Luke 10
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Now, that being said, they believe they are doing as Jesus has instructed in these verses. The bible also says “when that which is prefect has come, all signs and prophecy shall cease.” These signs, Snakes, Tongues, and Poison were given to the first century Christians who did not have a bible to validate what they were saying. They were given these powers from God to further the cause. We, present day Christians, can not claim these powers.
Quote:
How would you feel about all the bad press if one of them gets bitten and dies? Maybe you wouldn't care but I can bet some of the other hot keepers who fight this press everyday would care.
We have had this debate many times. Virtually no press comes from keepers getting bitten. You see small write ups in the back of local papers. The citizens do not care. The small articles are picked up by herpers like us and circulated around the net, but again the general population does not care. Escaped snakes is what catches the attention of the public and leads to new laws. Two cases in point, TN and AL.
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 08-27-03, 11:54 AM   #34 (permalink)

another post of people that cant respect what they dont know ... wtf is wrong with everyone ... thats the way they live end of line .

people jump from planes that are perfectly working just for the thrill and are considered "COOL"

people run cars at 350km/h and they are F1 heros

people risks their lives everyday just for the fun of it and they are awesome

those people do that because they believe in it in a serious way and you call them inbreed dump people ... well you gotta be the worst dumbass ever . buy yourself a brain if you ever get a chance and add some sense of respect .

( not aiming at anyone in particular )
Old 08-27-03, 11:55 AM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
And this means putting your life in danger on purpose is all part of the beliefe system? Sorry I am just not understand any religion who would rather followers who coudl spread the word to other people, pick up snakes and possible die. Which obviously happens.

Press doesn't matter? I am not even getting into that. But o.k.

Marisa
Login to remove ads
Old 08-27-03, 11:55 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
P.s I would gladly stand face to face and tell them
you wouldn’t stand long. =)
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 08-27-03, 11:57 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Why are you telling us that these God loving people would kick are ***? Are you seriously saying they would have a FIGHT a FIST FIGHT? Is that not schoolyard behviour? I doubt the bible condones that! And totally ridiculous? I can't even believe you are telling me they would threaten us bodily harm by telling them how we feel. That is so childish.

Marisa
Old 08-27-03, 11:57 AM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to RaVeNo888o
i dont see what the point of this arguement is. SCreptiles..u admitted that the documentary has been edited to show the worst side of these worshipers and the others agree that u are telling the truth when u say that it is different. they only went by what they saw on tv in their previous comments. Im not attacking anyone here, but it seems to me that u have all agreed yet u still argue? the only thing that seems to still be an issue is that handling the snakes like this is unsafe, which it seems to be. But we cant tell them what to do, there is no point on arguing the safety of their practises. If someone here says it isnt safe, they arent gonna go 'What were we thinking?' and stop their worshipping all of a sudden.

Last edited by RaVeNo888o; 08-27-03 at 11:59 AM..
Old 08-27-03, 11:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
And this means putting your life in danger on purpose is all part of the beliefe system? Sorry I am just not understand any religion
If the almighty God who created all tells you to do it, your life is in no danger. He delivered Daniel form the lions, David from the giant, the Jews from mighty Egypt, he even delivered Paul when he was bitten by the viper in Acts.
Old 08-27-03, 12:00 PM   #40 (permalink)

Then why did that person die in front of the entire congregation?

Marisa
Login to remove ads
Old 08-27-03, 12:10 PM   #41 (permalink)

Your question:
Quote:
Then why did that person die in front of the entire congregation?
My answer
Quote:
We, present day Christians, can not claim these powers.
And I have asked them this same question. Their answer: The just tells us to take them up, never says you will not get bit or even die.
Old 08-27-03, 12:13 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Why are you telling us that these God loving people would kick are ***? Are you seriously saying they would have a FIGHT a FIST FIGHT?
I am seriously saying if one were stupid enough to go to Sand Mountain and mock these people, there would be repercussions. Fact is, if they let you pass, I would stomp your ***.
Old 08-27-03, 12:14 PM   #43 (permalink)

Oh I see. So now no one is allowed to disagree because either you or them will actually beat us up like we are in 9th grade? LMAO Yeah o.k. I am done with this discussion. It's too stupid and immature to even continue.

Marisa
Old 08-27-03, 12:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

wtf you guys cant read
you can disagree with something without saying they are dumb inbreed wtf do you people need to get slap in the face to understand anything ....... damn ...
Old 08-27-03, 12:20 PM   #45 (permalink)

A. I never said they were inbreed. I agree that is stupid. B. I actually think their beliefs are nice but do not agree with holding venemous snakes up in front of a church and then dying.

But of course the only way to have an adult discussion is too agree or else get hit someone like a schoolyard child would. LMAO. People who constantly threaten violence when a calm discussion is happening have nothing else of interest to say to me. Why? Because anyone can punch anyone. Its immature, childish, and laughable to say "I am gonna beat you up you meanie!" just because you are havinng a discussion. Like I said, done.

Marisa
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread