sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-03, 09:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thanks for the explanation Invictus, I very much understand your cautiousness now! I had never heard of allergies classified into grades before, makes sense. Also, I agree with you that if you are allergic to so many insects, it is best not to take a chance hanglind a tarantula.

On the other hand, I first got into tarantulas strickly as display pets. After owning them for two years now, I just handled my first tarantula this evening!

I would hope that the idea of having one in the house will grow on you. Even if you never handle the tarantula, I am sure you will appreciate it as much. I did Just let your hun do the maintenance for the T (which is minimal) and you will always stay safe. Even in the worst possible scenario of an escape, the T will just hide out. It surely wont hunt you hehe

sapphire_moon: I got some leos since about a year now and none have eaten a cricket. They have a varied diet of worms (mealworms, silkworms, butterworms, waxworms) and the occasional pinky mouse. Even though I have gotten a lot better with crickets, I only feed them to the pets that really require them like my T's!

I am also very proud to say that I've fed 3 crickets to my T's so far all by myself! It's getting easier every time, phew!!! Now my heart only pounds for 5-10 minutes after instead of a half hour!!!

Keeper of 5 snakes, leopard geckos, 1 green iguana, 20+ tarantulas, 2 dogs & a bunch of rats!
Old 08-20-03, 10:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
crix are still a bit scary to me.. just got to where I can kindof handle mealwormss...eekkk
Old 08-20-03, 10:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
i have a huge bug phobia....but its a weird one, i really hate crickets and do my best never to handle them at all, i use a container to gather them in and dump them where they are suppossed to go, i dont like it when they crawl on my arms but i can deal with it....i could never grasp one...that would just make me go into convulsions and
but i can handle my rose hair tarantula with no problem,i dont know why it just doesnt seem bug like to me and doesnt frigten me at the little spiders still scare the crap outta me, lol. i just got myself a emperor scorpion, and havent built up enough nerve to handle it yet....its more bug like, but the pinchers help me think its a tiny black lobster.....
Closed Thread