sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-03, 08:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Wow that was no fun! No power here until 12 or so, then at about 1:30 it went out again briefly until 2
Old 08-15-03, 09:02 AM   #32 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
Jeez, I heard about this on radio yesterday afternoon while I was at work. I really didn't realize the severity of it until I got home and noticed that a ton of my cable channels were out of comission. So, I tuned into CNN and they were doing extensive coverage on the black-out. This is just unreal, I hope everyone gets their power back soon, hopefully everyone's herps are alright and there's no rotten feeders.
Erin Keller :eb:
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens
Old 08-15-03, 09:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
I think it was the aliens. To throw everyone off track, they put a roasted squirrel into a transformer to make it look like al Qaeda was behind it all.

After the '65 Blackout there was a mini babyboom 40 weeks later, so expect the same this time. .. .. might be a good idea to invest some money in Huggies Diapers.

My section of Kitchener was in the dark for about 12 hours. It was great watching space debris and satellites go overhead, and the meteor shower (saw several dozen ) until the full moon killed that show, so then we watched Mars for a while. On the bright side of it all, to save opening the fridge we dined on Oreos, Pecan Turtles and marzipan - (sometimes blackouts can be fun)
Old 08-15-03, 09:57 AM   #34 (permalink)
we had our power out around 4pm yesterday and didn't have power until was boring!!

I was worried to death about the mice in my freezer.....imagin them all thawing out....that would totally be messy....I don't think that all my snakes could take in 5000 mice a
My Web Site!
Old 08-15-03, 10:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Invictus
Originally posted by The_Omen
And it all started with 'Hey, what does THIS button do?'
Either that or someone pushed that big, red button that is labelled "Do not EVER push this button!"
- Ken LePage
Login to remove ads
Old 08-15-03, 10:18 AM   #36 (permalink)
my power was out till 5:00 am mt perants live in the same city and ther power was only out for like 2 hours. seemed strrang to me.And if therr is eny one to blame it is the USA.To meny old delapated power plants
1.0 brb
Old 08-15-03, 10:28 AM   #37 (permalink)
Try eat all popiscles, icecream in one night; thaw all feeders at once; check all the snakes in the hot room if they are OK with a flash light ( the emergency light last for a few hrs only); BBQ as much as food as possible.....
Ha! Ha!
Old 08-15-03, 10:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
Just got my power back, about 20 hours without. Spent the whole night laying on the beach drinking warm beer!
Old 08-15-03, 10:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
woohoo back online!! Our power went out yesterday at 4:00pm and is still out now, but I drove to Shane and Laurynns and their power JUST came on now... yay!! is offline  
Old 08-15-03, 10:51 AM   #40 (permalink)
I didnt want to open the food freezer, and didnt want to waste the feeders in the other freezer, so I put 2 and 2 together and had rat / mousecabobs last night for dinner and this morning for breakfast... Tastes alot like chicken when cooked beleive it or not... .... ..... ..... is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 08-15-03, 10:56 AM   #41 (permalink)
but actually its very amusing to see how a power outtage brings people outside and communicate with people... My neighborhood is desolate most times and last night there was people all over the place talking to each other... Funny how that works. is offline  
Old 08-15-03, 11:02 AM   #42 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Our food made it fine, didn't open the freezer and stuff we would have put in the fridge got eaten, so no leftovers.

thankfully it was late afternoon so it didn't get too hot in the herproom
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Old 08-15-03, 11:14 AM   #43 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to reptilez
I got hit pretty bad aswell. My power didnt come back on till about 4:20 A.M.
Thankfully my Rats were still frozen, i had like 50 in there. I was so worried all night that my house would reak of rat.
Good Luck too anyone else with no power,
P.S. Does anyone have Cable working for them?? Im going Crazy, i have power but no Cable!!!
1.1 BDs
0.1 Leopard Gecko-->Lookin for Adult male(anything cool)
0.1 Ball
Old 08-15-03, 12:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Wow, what an experience. I was at work when the power went off at approx. 4:15pm. Like hudson, my dad works in Ontario Hydro and I told everyone to leave because my mom called and told me it's gonna be long. Took me 1.5 hrs to get back home from a normally 30min rush hr drive. I had boiled meat and cup noodles for dinner (my gf's parents used the bbq grill to boiled water), which wasn't that nice. Kudos to the volunteers who directed traffic in the major intersections though. I've only saw one accident which isn't that bad at all.
Old 08-15-03, 12:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to lanalizard Send a message via Yahoo to lanalizard
here in kitchener, it was soooo dead quiet, i think i actually heard a pin dropping!!!!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread