sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-03, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to burmer Send a message via MSN to burmer
I guess I've been lucky. My wife accepts my obsession (i mean hobby). Shes never been afraid to handle any of my snakes, she won't touch the nile though. She handles the burms, the kings, and the blood with no fear at all. She is even excited about going to shows.
So don't try to force her to handle or keep bringing it up. You never know she may suprise you and come around. Good luck.
Old 08-14-03, 08:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to sapphire_moon Send a message via Yahoo to sapphire_moon
She may surprise you and come around, yes, but as lilyskip said she may never come around. My partner has been tagged by a few snakes garters, and a water moccosin (sp??) so she has went from interested in watching him eat to let me feed him! and even helping me clean the viv's and so far as to let me get another baby bp, and being worried to death when she kept refusing to eat. This has been over a course of over 1 1/2 years. And she has fell in love with the piebald bp, but that will be a while before we get could be together for 5 years before she just randomly one day says..."I want a...*insert breed of snake* for my birthday/christmas/next show..." Me and my partner has agreed that we would love a columbian red tailed when we get into another place!!!!!!!!! So give it time, it could be days/months/ or even years, but it could also be not at all! also might try to show her something an anole....that was my first herp.........but those little suckers bite!
The Mischief:
Neptune, Zion, Enigma,

Mischief~ Hamster
Old 08-15-03, 10:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
Originally posted by Mike177
invictus, considering you look like rob zombie and a little like Jesus (but let concentrate more on the rob zombie analogy) you wouldn't think you would be scared of a little t.
My thoughts know how weird it is to see a scary MF like that running away from a wee spider? *L* I myself dislike spiders...I'm slowly getting over my arachnaphiobia; that's one of the reasons why I want to get a T., I feel that one other way to get over fears (in my case anyways) is exposure.
Erin Keller :eb:
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens
Closed Thread