border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-03, 11:50 AM   #46 (permalink)

I don’t buy into the whole democrat theory that no one should ever get their feelings hurt. If you post something outlandish, then you need to reap the consequences. That is what is wrong with society today. No one wants to accept responsibility for their own actions. When I was young it was called taking your medicine. I picked a few fights with older kids and the adults let me “take my medicine” rather then bailing me out. I learned a great deal from it. More people today need to take their medicine. =)
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 08-12-03, 12:12 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to lordkovacs
ok chuck, then why do you get so defensive when people jump on you? I can remember recent chatter with Omen and you got so pissed off. If you can dish it, can you not accept it as well? Perhaps it is your nature to call people names, however, some people may not realize this. You loose credibility when you resort to calling someone an idiot. People that resort to name-calling use it a) as a way out or b) a way to push someone's buttons.
cheers, and again, interesting thread....
MIKE
Old 08-12-03, 12:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
The whole point is that this internet forum needs some line of rules.

If you allow people to call others idiots, then someone will eventually start calling people other names. And so on. Why even allow it to escalate?

I am ALL for calling an idiot an idiot. And I personally hate the fake friendliness feel on most internet forums. If you don't post ten smiley faces in your message you are attacking someone.

but I don't understand what you want from this website? You want Jeff to say, "Ah hell with it, go ahead guys say how you feel!" ??? Sure that might work for you, since you may be able to control yourself. But it won't work for others who cannot, or for some jersk who just want to fan the flames or trolls etc. Then this website would lose valuable members because everyone is sick of wading through piles of forum garbage to get to any normal conversations.

Things have to be limited or all this will become is a unmoderated newgroup where zero flow of real information is passing. I don't see how "taking your own medicine" is even possible over the internet. You can give or take what you wish from this website, and all Jeff (and the other mods) ask is that it is kept semi clean and semi adult in maturity level. Its not that hard really.

THe minute I see someone "freak out" on the forums that person loses a lot of my respect (not that anyone needs it) but when I see a person use logic, normal adult conversations and mature sentences to prove their points, I am far more likely to view them as a valuable member of the reptile community and someone who is commited to reptiles on a whole. Not commited to themselves and fighting on the internet.

Marisa

Last edited by marisa; 08-12-03 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-12-03, 12:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active

Quote:
Originally posted by SCReptiles
The fact is by the time you shut down that thread yesterday, no more ideas were being debated; I was just making fun of those two jabronis.
Because that is what happens when people start name calling and making unproductive posts. If people could stay out of the playground and quit the deprecating remarks we would never have to close down any threads. If you call someone a moron, they aren't going to shoot back with an intelligent debate, its jsut gonna start things. If you feel someone is an ignorant piece of work, instead of calling them that how about trying to educate them so they aren't like that instead of hitting the hornets nest with a stick? These forums are for sharing and learning, not for fighting, and thats all that happens when derogatory comments are made.

Yes there are loads of ignorant, thickskulled people in this world. A lot of which deserve a swift kick to the shins, but even if you feel this way about someone on these forums, its about being civil and respecting the rest of the members and their posting access. They can't contribute much intellect to a scrap, moreso if the entire thread gets shut down.
Old 08-12-03, 01:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

well, well a debate on the word idiot,this could be me at times but i prefer to see my self as uniformed, or has miss information,hope some one did inform the person who was inquiring about the burm, of cage size requirement ,heating ,amount they'll need to budjet for feed,and life span of snake,etc cause while you are arguing about who knows more and whos the idiot,a malnourished large snake may just be escaping from inadequite housing and oh dear here come another reptile ban.. i'm new here i come to be educated so i don't buy impulsivly that cute little snake that will grow 10-20 feet which i can,t handle. so call me an idiot or help educate me. i love my herps but sometimes what i know is not right,support and education is what i want from this site not to see people humiliated..thats all cheers mates
Login to remove ads
Old 08-12-03, 01:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
but I don't understand what you want from this website? You want Jeff to say, "Ah hell with it, go ahead guys say how you feel!" ??? Sure that might work for you, since you may be able to control yourself.
The only thing I think the mods should do different is if things degenerate to the point no more ideas are being exchanged, they should delete the worthless posts and lock the thread rather then deleting the entire thread. Other then that, I really have not had any problems with what these guys and gals do. My direction here is the general population that always spouts off about “that is not what this is for.” As for what I want, I like it just like it is. This is the most user friendly and fun forum I have ever used. I like exchanging ideas and debating, and occasionally arguing. I only want the democrats to understand internet forums were designed for debates and controversy and I wish they would knock off the “that is not what this is for crap.” That is what this is for! =)
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 08-12-03, 01:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to drewlowe Send a message via Yahoo to drewlowe
most of us are saying debates are great it's when it gets to the point of name calling is when it's bad. You don't have to call people names to get your point across. I belive (but not quite sure) why you started this tread. If the other thread was the reason you started this one it wasn't because of the context (i don't think) I belive it was because someone came on and started calling people names. Thats what alot of us are saying debates yes name calling no.

So is so simple you just don't want to do it. If you feel the need to call someone an idiot then think it or say it out loud if you must. Then write down the correct answer without the name calling. You do have the right to free speech but here the mods. have the right to run this site the way they see fit.
1.2 Bearded dragons (Login, Raven, & Jean Grey) 1.1.1 Corn snakes(Havoc,Sable, & Kink0 1.5 Leo's (Psyloke (Lucky-male) Speedball, Domino, Rouge, Siren, Elektra) 1.0 Veiled Chams (Neo), 0.1 Rose Hair T. (Night Crawler) 0.0.3 Crested Geckos (Shiva, Storm, Beast) 0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Tigra & Cloak)
Old 08-12-03, 02:21 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
I belive (but not quite sure) why you started this tread.
The inspiration was a democrat telling everyone they should be ashamed for debating the dog eating topic and same lady blasted the mods for letting us.
Quote:
ok chuck, then why do you get so defensive when people jump on you? I can remember recent chatter with Omen and you got so pissed off.
What, in the blue hell, are you talking about? Every Saturday night I am booed and called names and hit with flying objects from thousands of wrestling fans. Then I am bashed over the head with steel chairs and tossed into broken glass and barb wire. My head is about 40% scar tissue and I do not get pissed off from that! Do you really think anything I read on the internet could ever piss me off? I have never been angry in anything I have said on here. I often return what I am given, but it’s never in angry. =)
Old 08-12-03, 02:42 PM   #54 (permalink)
reverendsterlin

Since in general most repeat problems will come from the same group of individuals (just like queensnake), though I have had my moments as well, it would probably be more effective to moderate the individuals not the threads. probably wouldn't take long to get tired of every post you make (mean or nice) sitting in web limbo until a moderator feels like taking the time to clear it, and the slower the mods are getting to it the better.

Old 08-12-03, 04:06 PM   #55 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to lordkovacs
I don't know Chuck, Omen seemed to rattle you a little. Point is, you asked him to STOP what he was saying about you. it got to the point where you were very upset. My point is that it shouldn't have to get to that point.
Old 08-12-03, 04:24 PM   #56 (permalink)
hip
Former member

Hey Chuck are you saying you wrestle on the weekends? I would think that you are the only member on this site that wrestles pro or are there more? What are you signature moves? Debate is good as long as it is kept civil(I have slipped at times myself) So I took a break and had a look at my negative side and have seemed to fix the problem somewhat (except for taunting and bugging Jeff F) which is all in fun plus I think he could hurt me with his figure four lol. I am curious though Chuck how do you know those people were Democrats? or are you making asumptions based on what they said? Is there a chance they could be something other? I am just a bit confused on that one,i also got to ask does the chair in the head hurt? or are you just one of those folks who have a high pain tolerence? trust me I would cry like a little girl if it happened to me. Thanks

Hip
“You know its funny I was thinking about what you said. The preeminent truth of our age is that you can not fight the system. But if as you say the truth is fluid that the truth is subjective then maybe you can fight the system. As long as just one person refuses to be broken refuses to bow down” “But can you win?” “Every time I say NO”
Old 08-14-03, 08:52 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't know Chuck, Omen seemed to rattle you a little. Point is, you asked him to STOP what he was saying about you.
It wasn’t what he was saying at all. It didn’t bother me at all, it was the fact he was spewing out his crap on that thread about mudboy, who as you know passed away. The fact is I even opened a new thread just for him to ridicule me, but the mods killed it.
Quote:
Hey Chuck are you saying you wrestle on the weekends? I would think that you are the only member on this site that wrestles pro or are there more?
Far as I know, I am the only one.
Quote:
What are you signature moves?
I do the hardcore style. The stuff that was banned in NJ. I am mostly known for blood, but my finisher is the piledriver.
Quote:
Chuck how do you know those people were Democrats?
Cause democrats are the ones that think we are unable to do or discern things for ourselves. We need big government or some other organization doing everything for us. I can distinguish a democrat by the things they say.
Quote:
i also got to ask does the chair in the head hurt? or are you just one of those folks who have a high pain tolerence?
Hell yes it hurts. =) But a high tolerance of pain is required to do this job.
Old 08-15-03, 05:03 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
It wasn’t what he was saying at all. It didn’t bother me at all, it was the fact he was spewing out his crap on that thread about mudboy, who as you know passed away
I guess facts, verifiable and from your own words, are 'spewing crap' ?
Odd, I thought that only democrats considered the facts to be crap.

I guess that's why it's so easy to get you riled up, and with emotional responses and name calling.

Rush even says that name calling is a sign of a true democrat and he is also right 99.something % of the time.

Quote:
I can distinguish a democrat by the things they say.
Check your voter registration card again Chuck, I think you might be a closet liberal and don't realize it.

By the way, mine says republican.
Maybe I need to change it to Liberterian.

And once again, we have another NON-productive thread that was started just so Chucky can use the names he likes to call people that disagree with him and or show where he is in the wrong.
(side note - such a high rate of name calling and emotionalism, I had to look twice to be sure Al Gore didn't start this one )
Old 08-15-03, 05:34 AM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to NewLineReptile
Quote:
Originally posted by SCReptiles
Every Saturday night I am booed and called names and hit with flying objects from thousands of wrestling fans. Then I am bashed over the head with steel chairs and tossed into broken glass and barb wire. My head is about 40% scar tissue
I think you had one to many hits to the head with a chair

Brandon
newlinereptile@sympatico.ca
Old 08-15-03, 07:25 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
By the way, mine says republican.
You are old enough to vote?
Quote:
I think you had one to many hits to the head with a chair
One is too many, normal humans couldn’t endure. =)
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread