border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-03, 10:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
There may also be laws about displaying an exotic animal to the public with out a licence.

Also, how do you know that the snake likes being outside? the one time you had him out he stayed hidden except for his head. that doesn't sound like enjoyment.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 08-08-03, 11:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

I don't think he "likes" being outside. I just think he explores new territory. I doubt he actually has a feeling that goes through him saying: Hey this is cool, wish I could crawl in the grass more often!.
Don't take it to a park, too many dangers by mostly other people around you. Find a friend who has a back yard or something and take him there.
Old 08-08-03, 11:18 AM   #18 (permalink)

ok well then maybe I should ask about just taking him outside in general. what should I be worried about in regards to pesticides, herbicides, potential mites, things of that nature. Should I do anything to protect him from these things?
Old 08-08-03, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Quote:
Originally posted by stkkts
ok well then maybe I should ask about just taking him outside in general. what should I be worried about in regards to pesticides, herbicides, potential mites, things of that nature. Should I do anything to protect him from these things?

best prevention is not to put him in the situation in the first place.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 08-08-03, 11:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active

If you do choose to take your snake outside, there are many things you need to be aware of, and precautions you need to take. Make sure you are out of the public (this includes nosy neighbours) such as a fenced in backyard. You need to be certain you know the history of the lawn, and that no pesticides were used, etc. You need to be aware of any possible escapes (rocks, holes, trees, gardens, etc) and keep your snake away from them. DO not keep your snake out for extended periods of time, they are nocturnal animals and are sensitive to the suns powerful rays, as well as it can be stressful for them to be out in new surroundings. Its all pretty much common sense.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-08-03, 11:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

well me, i know my snake doesn't care if i bring him out or not. I just love to see him outside in the grass and trees. I'll think to myself that he like it but doesn't care. Maybe thats what you want to? Just to see him crawl all over?

What i do is after being oustide, i give him a bath in the tub, let him swim around for a minute so all the insects get off of'em.
Closed Thread