sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-03, 04:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Lizard
I recently saw blue tree monitors going for 50 grand at a show in Orlando and there was also an albino Nile which I believe was going for twice that.
No way I would spend that kinda money....that's more than my house! Then what if your power goes out in the dead of winter?!
Not that I think people are foolish for investing that kinda money into an animal....people think I'm nuts for spending a few hundred on an animal they wouldn't even want in their house.
There are a couple of guys at my job that spend thousands customizing their cars with audio equipment and paint jobs...that's not for me either. But if that's your thing,go for it.

V.salvator 0.1

German Tour Guide: You vill find more on Germany's contributions to ze arts in ze pamphlets ve have provided.
Brian Griffin: Yeah, about your pamphlet... uh, I'm not seeing anything about German history between 1939 and 1945. There's just a big gap.

----Family Guy---
Old 08-01-03, 04:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Zoe
I guarantee you, if i had the money to, there is a LOT I would buy!
However, I wouldn't spend much more on "morphs". First of all, why are mutants so special? lol, but seriously, all you need to do is wait a couple years and then the morph you like is more affordable. Just look at albino boas! Bred in such haste, now they are hardly high end animals and many are missing eyes. They are beautiful, but I would tend to go for the animals that are expensive because they are darned hard to breed/keep, like ETBs, GTPs, rare morelia, etc. I, for example, would spend much more on an Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boa, than I would on an albino tree boa

Old 08-01-03, 08:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
super salmons,ghost boas,snow boas,well worth the cash for a pet very nice show peices and not only that hupfully they produce one day and then you will have some screamer's. 3000+ in my eyes well spent.
Owner opperator
Strictly Exotic Reptiles
Old 08-01-03, 08:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to lordkovacs
i agree with zoe about hte morph comment. i mean, they are attractive, just not as, IMHO. at least in the snakes I am interested in and know. cheers,
1.0 Reverse Okeetee Corn, 0.1 Albino Snow Corn, 1.1 Irian Jaya Carpet Pythons
Old 08-01-03, 09:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to python_diva_06 Send a message via Yahoo to python_diva_06
if i had the money i would so but a 10,000 dollar snake...THAT WOULD BE FIRGGIN' AWESOME!!
1.0 albino cali. king snake(Diego)1.0 0.0.1 Blue-Tongued Skink (Oz)1.0 western hoggie (Tiki)0.0.1 amel creamsicle corn (Leo)0.0.1

ssssoon to come...albino burmese python (2 days and counting)
Login to remove ads
Old 08-01-03, 11:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
For some it's a status symbol and they won't be keeping it in a cheap rubbermaid either. A custom display cage with lots of glass to be able to see the snake is the way to go.

If i had money to spend and wasn't interested in breeding, then sure, i'd buy one.
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Old 08-01-03, 12:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
I would thats for sure...I'm not a big time breeder & I'd drop that kinda money in a heart beat.
Old 08-01-03, 03:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to jaybox_reptiles
i no a guy that gave 5,000 for a lusistics hognose butthe snake is awsom it is pure white and looks like a cobra it is awsom but i dont no how and y some one would spend that much on a snake
Box :sun:
Old 08-01-03, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to lakeridgekennel
There is a loop hole! Check the pound for snakes. I got a blackheaded python for $70 because they had know idea how much they are worth. it diden't have papers but it was just a good tame snake. they might not be captive bred but it was a good snake. In conclusion Joe-Blow has know idea about the price but herpers do so check the pound for snakes. alot of pounds only charge for vet check and food and basic husbandry ect ect.
1.3 african rock pythons 2.7 burmese python 1.2 albino burmese pythons 1.1 green burms 1.1 granite burms 1.1 normal reticulating python 0.1 yellow anaconda 1.1 costal capret pythons 4.9 nile monitor 1.1 croc monitors 4.6 dwarf caimans 1.3 amarican aligator plus some others

Last edited by lakeridgekennel; 08-01-03 at 04:10 PM..
Closed Thread