sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-03, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Oliverian
Great job! I'm glad you decided to do something about the condition those animals were in. What kind of experience did you need to get hired?
Tammy Rehbein
-You can search all day for something and never find it, only to see it in the most obvious of places after you've stopped looking.-
Old 07-17-03, 09:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Send a message via Skype™ to SerpentLust
Well the fish and reptile department are the same. And they wanted a fish expert because reptiles aparently "weren't a priority", she got my resume and asked me what I know about fish. I told her I knew the basics of setting up a tank and knew like angelfish, bettas, all the feeders, etc. Really not much.

So she told me I have my secondary interview and this job position will be given to the person who shows that they were willing to learn as much as possible in the time they were given....I um *coughs* Memorized their entire wall of fish. Fish first aid and the zones they have them divided in. I may not know much about fish still, but I'm being trained right now for that.

So pretty much, I needed to show a willingness to take that extra step and learn. And I did that. But it was DAMN hard. lol

And as for the reptiles, they all know me as the "snake lady" anyways because I was usually in there like every week buying snake stuff or oggling the new snakes. lol

"A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing."
Old 07-18-03, 11:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to sapphire_moon Send a message via Yahoo to sapphire_moon
Great Job! I wish there was a pet store near me that I could work in!!!!!
The Mischief:
Neptune, Zion, Enigma,

Mischief~ Hamster
Closed Thread