sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-03, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sorry to hear of you loss Baz, my guess is it was a racoon though.

Associated Serpents Inc.
The Green Mile-Rodent Feeders
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Old 07-02-03, 06:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Bryce Masuk Send a message via Yahoo to Bryce Masuk
When I Saw That My gut SANK. Most of us know what its like to loose a pet Its crappy. But life goes on. You win some you loose some.
"Far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement, but few can argue with it."
Old 07-02-03, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to python_diva_06 Send a message via Yahoo to python_diva_06
BAZ, i am so sorry for your's the hardest thing in the world when a pet leaves, they're like family...everyone in the forum is here for you so just let everything out the best you can...
1.0 albino cali. king snake(Diego)1.0 0.0.1 Blue-Tongued Skink (Oz)1.0 western hoggie (Tiki)0.0.1 amel creamsicle corn (Leo)0.0.1

ssssoon to come...albino burmese python (2 days and counting)
Old 07-02-03, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Squamata Concepts
Send a message via Yahoo to Gregg M
Damn Baz...... I am so sorry to here about your loss......Pets can mean as much to us as people do and it is always a hard thing to go through....... Shoot...... I would be heart broken If one of my snakes died and I dont bond with them....... Again, sorry to hear about your bird.......
"A sure fire way for a government to lose control of something is for them to prohibit it."
Old 07-02-03, 06:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

I just checked snakes and read your post. That is the saddest thing I've read in a long time, I really don't know what to say - but I really feel for you.

Just on Saturday, I saw a bunch of mollocun cockatoos, and macaws - at a 29 year zoo in a school that was closing. It broke my heart to realize that those birds were having to be rehomed, away from their "one person" - who they were really bonded to.

I was sad just taking some reptiles out of there, I felt like the birds knew exactly what was going on.

I hadn't realized before Saturday how close people and birds could get, I think possibly closer than dogs.

On Sunday, I was discussing how close parrots could get to people, with a herpetologist friend of mine who lives here in town.

If we were home more, I would keep parrots. I'd be afraid how close I'd get to them, however and can't imagine what I'd do if I found myself in the same situation that you were in.

Login to remove ads
Old 07-02-03, 07:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Clownfishie Send a message via MSN to Clownfishie
That's so sad! Poor NumNum...
Herp Haven Reptiles - Quality Captive Bred Herps

Gecko Haven
Old 07-02-03, 08:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Dozer

I just recently lost my pet bird Clipper ( a Quaker ) to something that used to be so normal. This is how my stroy goes.

Clipper came to our house as us being a second owner. Sure we'd have our problems, but somehow things between myself, Clipper, and the rest of us started getting better. Clipper and his famous dance brought joy to us and he loved us laughing. Every mornin', we'd wake up and we'd let Clipper onto my brothers desk where he'd jam away and get his mornin' love. Pretty much became a routine. But, unfortunately, one mornin', Clipper woke up, danced and our dog Max instinctly jumped up and knocked lil' Clipper off. Clipper went into shock and within a minute, he passed off in my hands. I fought back the tears but I find myself missin' Clipper even though he stayed with us for a mere month. Clipper will never be forgotten and hes touched my heart and I see NumNum has touched yours.

I'm just happy to say that our birds are partyin' it up together right now and enjoying some sunflower seeds.

BAZ, my condolences because I know what its like loosin' a bird.

-Mike Poplawski
Old 07-02-03, 09:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to BAZ
Thanks guys... lesson is... never put a bird or any other animal that has no way of escaping danger outside unsupervised even if you think its safe... there are too many unknown factors.
Old 07-02-03, 09:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Oh man sorry to hear about your loss Baz, he was a beautiful bird.
:sun:¤Melanie¤:sun: Vamos a Cuba!
0.1 Ball Python, 0.1.1 Solomon Island Ground Boas, 0.1 Leopard Gecko, 0.0.2 Crested Geckos, 1.1 Dogs, 1.0 Chappy
The Original Chat
Old 07-02-03, 09:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to unknownclown
Oh how horrible! Im so sorry Baz. The poor thing
If youre happy and ya know it slap your face!
Login to remove ads
Old 07-02-03, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
sooo sorry to hear about that...That was a really sad story...I havnt lost a lizard yet but i would be sooo crushed if i lost one. I hope you get over it and you never have to feel that pain again.
good luck bud
Old 07-02-03, 11:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Please Email Boots
So sorry Baz. I am sure that NumNum knew just how much it hurt you to take away his pain. Birds have a sixth sense about us humans and what we're feeling. Hope you feel better soon, and know that all things happen for a reason. Take care.
Old 07-02-03, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to JeffT
Thats really too bad Baz, im sure that it was horrible to find him like that, then having to put him down must have multiplied it by a million. Maby someday you can find a new one juts like him.

PS What kind of parrot was he?
1.1 Gehyra Vorax 1.0 Golden Gecko 1.0 Oedura Monilis 1.1 Green Tree Frogs
Old 07-02-03, 11:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to BAZ
Hi Jeff. he was a Indian Ringneck parrot. They are usually green but he was a baby blue colour.
Old 07-02-03, 11:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Jungle Jen Send a message via Yahoo to Jungle Jen

My deepest condolences on the loss of NumNum. He really was a beautiful bird, and I can understand how you feel. I lost my Senegal Parrot, Gilligan, to teflon poisoning, exactly one week after my boyfriend died. (my neighbours were cooking with teflon pans, and when heated past a certain point, teflon emits a poisonous gas) I wasn't able to cry for weeks. I do have to commend you for ending NumNum's pain. It shows true love if a person is willing to do that for their pet, and I am sure he would have rather gone in the hands of the person he loved, instead of a strangers.

RIP NumNum, Gone but not forgotten.
:eb: JJ and the Zoo
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread