sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-03, 12:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to RachelS. Send a message via Yahoo to RachelS.
Well, I'm not really into much anything else but herps. But I also enjoy or would like to do...
dirt biking
running track (don't really enjoy it, but it's an awesome work out)
snowboarding and skiing
shopping (lol hey... just had to add that, didn't I!)
horse riding
volunteering at vet clinics
hanging out with friends at the mall (hobby? I do not know...)

That's pretty much all I can think of for now. My life isn't that great compared to everyone elses
Who are you callin' a freak?!
Old 06-28-03, 12:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Aside from spending time with my animals I like playing computer games, these days I'm playing a lot of Anno 1503 A.D. and Age of Mythology (can't wait for the Titans expansion pack!). I also love board, card & puzzle games. I enjoy learning and doing web design too. I'm one of the rare chick computer geeks! Having almost every techno-gadget available!

I do a lot of craft type hobbies ranging from neat to geeky!!! lol! I do chain mail (haven't in a little bit) and am pretty good at it. I sew, knit, crochet, macrame! I like making my own hides for my herps.

Definitely spending time on SsnakesS!! But that's herp related so I guess that don't count!

Absolutely love horseback riding but don't get to do as much as I want to. One of my dreams is to have my own horse. I feel bad for trail horses as they have so many different people ride them and many of them stupid bozos! Here are some good tips for those who like horseback riding:

I always take extra time for before I mount a trail horse, I walk around with it on foot for 10-15 min letting it get to see me before I jump on it's back. You can also test the dominance of a horse this way and make sure you will have a smooth ride. After walking around gently leading by the reigns, turn and face the horse and walk forward, keep walking straight for it even if you bump noses. If the horse doesn't back up, it will most likely defy your commands during the ride and be a pain. Ask for another horse! I saw this on a documentary about horses and since I've been doing this I've had great times and wonderful horses to ride, I am not shy to ask for another and have on a couple of occasions. Ranch owners are very surprised when I do this little thing at first but I've never had a problem getting to do it or switching horses if necessary. I also always bring carrots and apples with me to treat the horse after the ride, they go nuts for it!

Ok, I've rambled on long enough!!!

Keeper of 5 snakes, leopard geckos, 1 green iguana, 20+ tarantulas, 2 dogs & a bunch of rats!
Old 06-28-03, 12:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to unknownclown
Gardening I love my flowers and love even more my carnivorous plants.

This is a Darlingtonia Californica aka Cobra Lily one of my favorites CPs

Old 06-28-03, 01:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hmm, nothing too interesting, aside from my reptiles I have my pet rats and dwarf hamsters, cats and dogs. I also have my writing, crafts, painting, photgraphy... lol, nothing I am very good at... but you never know in twenty years I might be great! I find I have little patience and go from one hobby to another. I used to rock collect, and stamps, and coins! lmao, I wonder where they are now? clutter in the basement I bet.
2.0 ribbon snakes, 0.1.1 bearded dragons, 0.0.2 occellated skinks, 0.01 bibrons gecko, 0.2 redsided garter snakes, Mississippi map turtle, RES turtle & leopard geckos!
Old 06-28-03, 01:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to theroom101 Send a message via Yahoo to theroom101
I do a lot of stuff with animals in my spare time. I spend lots of weekends helping with animal rescue transport. I also help out with dog obedience training. I like to do lots of animal research as well.

Aside from animals, I like playing games of all sorts. Pool, bowling, board games, computer games, video games, etc. Not so much into sports, except for hockey.

I also have a passion for wines and try to make it to a wine tasting every other week.

Other than that, I do typical early twenties stuff. ;-) I'll let you use your imagination on that one.
When people ask me if i'm a cat person or a dog person I tell them, "I'm a snake person"!
Login to remove ads
Old 06-28-03, 02:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to SnowSnake
I like:
I used to play Counter-Strike and I think I played against you ThEmAdHaTeR ;
Web building.

Yup, thats it hehe
0.1 High Yellow Leopard Gecko; 1.0 Pink Snow Corn Snake ; 1.2 Super hypo tangerine carrot-tail Leopard Gecko ; 1.1 Butter Motley Corn Snake ; 1.2 Blizzard Leopard Gecko
Old 06-28-03, 02:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Invictus
I'm an artist, specifically with digital art. I design web pages, I'm into graphic design, and I'm getting back into programming, something I was very passionate about for a long time, but then lost my interest in.

(P.S.. I am willing to design websites in exchange for herps!) hehehe

Other than that, I'm a karaoke junkie. I've been singing karaoke for 8 years now, and I've been told I'm one of the better singers on the scene, which by the way, is HUGE in Calgary.

I also like drawing, painting, playing pool, playing darts, bowling, etc. I have too many allergies to enjoy the outdoors, so I like indoor activities.
- Ken LePage
Old 06-28-03, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
i used to have alot of hobbies...... but i dont do so much anymore!!
i like :
playing computer games! rpg's, adventure stuff mainly,puzzle games, OOh and kiddie games like the magic school bus^_^
messing around on the internet!
i draw! anything from manga to flowers^_^ i also like to play with paint...mmmmm acryillics!
camping! i dont go very often....but when i do its a blast!
making fires! and burning stuff (bit of a pyromaniac) we go down to the woods alot and sit around...make a fire.....drink a/6 bottle/s of classy wine HA.....classy........
house parties!! you know? your parents arent there....youre all alone.... its fun to trash other peoples houses too^_^
hanging around college.... not really a hobby..... but its what i do most of the time!!

woo im well exciting!
...god..... i dont do much do i?
oh yes! i may be wierd... but this wierdo comes with new, improved Live Journal action!
Old 06-28-03, 05:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
I fly RC airplanes and I collect coins.
Old 06-28-03, 06:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I like taking photos and used to be quite into black and white photography, though i haven't done much since i no longer have a darkroom. I used to like bicycling (both on and offroad) but i've kinda let that slip in the last few years as i've gotten lazy. I have picked up on digital photography and basic web page coding (nothing fancy). I enjoy watching anime. I used to enjoy riding horses but I haven't ridden in 5 years. curling up on the couch with a good book with a nice roaring fire is always nice
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-28-03, 08:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Kara
I like to read and travel, the last kinda hard to all the time but so far so good. I like to play some computer games, fav's right now are Black and white and Baldures gate 1&2. I also spend loads of time with my friends and family and go out way to much for my own good. And fishing and camping (when I can)
Talkie Talkie......No More Talkie!

Of course I'm out of my mind....Its dark and scary in there!
Old 07-01-03, 02:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to python_diva_06 Send a message via Yahoo to python_diva_06
I act... musicals, shakespearian, comady, tragedy...ANYTHING, as long as i can get on a stage...
1.0 albino cali. king snake(Diego)1.0 0.0.1 Blue-Tongued Skink (Oz)1.0 western hoggie (Tiki)0.0.1 amel creamsicle corn (Leo)0.0.1

ssssoon to come...albino burmese python (2 days and counting)
Old 07-01-03, 03:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
i do all kinds of stuff, but one of my favorites that i got to do legally is hunting man! my list will go on forever and you all will still be here tomorrow morning, so i will just list my favorite...
Old 07-01-03, 04:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
I keep pretty busy with my dogs, other than that I Lift weights, hike and play football.

Pretty boring but it keeps me busy.
1.1 Corn snakes, 1.0 Black Rat snake, 1.1 Bearded Dragons, 3.4.8 Leopard geckos, 1 Crested gecko
Old 07-01-03, 04:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to burmer Send a message via MSN to burmer
Model trains
Fishing when I get the chance
pc gaming
Going to the pistol range.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread