sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-03, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
downtown Toronto reptile association?

very disappointed that there is no interest in organizing such a group in the downtown Toronto area. I can't believe that no interest is here. I thought it would be a great idea to find a place where we could get together, meet new friends and share a common interest. Oh well, I tried but........................................
Login to remove ads
Old 06-20-03, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Dozer
What! I never heard of this :| Fill me in buds , honestly, I would love to pull a stunt like that , just post up some information and all, and I'm sure more then just me would show up ya know
Old 06-20-03, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Mason
where you planning on meeting.. I wanna go hikking at rattlesnake point next week, say maybe wednesday. But that could change, cause work is just like that.

Anyone want to come?
Have the first "core meeting".....
Old 06-20-03, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Just because people didn't come to your beck and call doesn't mean there is no interest. I can assure you plenty of people in Toronto are interested in reptiles. But you must take into account that most of those people have day jobs, even herp jobs, families, etc and making it to the show alone can be trying.

Also you only "tossed" the idea out. Maybe making a more specific effort would help you? Like I said plenty of people in toronto.

Old 06-20-03, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
You actually have to start something and maintain it. Set up a meeting. Durham region seems to be successful and they just started a few monthes ago. unfortunetly I've been unable to attend their meetings because my work scedule conflicts (dang work expecting me to be there to be paid).

Anyways, get together with a few friends and make an announcement of a meeting
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-21-03, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
I'd be interested too
2.0 ribbon snakes, 0.1.1 bearded dragons, 0.0.2 occellated skinks, 0.01 bibrons gecko, 0.2 redsided garter snakes, Mississippi map turtle, RES turtle & leopard geckos!
Closed Thread