sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-03, 07:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
snake pregnancy

i was curious what it is like when you see a snake giving birth. i have heard that they breath incredible loud, huffing like a pregnant women. what is thier demeaner like to they go into the trance like state as crocs and aligators, or are they more protective. and how are they when you try to remove the babies, i would imagine they are protective and aggressive. just curious. i know i could read up on this topic but personal stories are always more interesting to read then scientific jargon.
the one eyed man is king in the land of the blind.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-17-03, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Squamata Concepts
Send a message via Yahoo to Gregg M
They are very calm while giving birth....... I would not go as far as to say they are in a trance like state while giving birth...... But they are calm...... No heavy breathing or anything like that......
"A sure fire way for a government to lose control of something is for them to prohibit it."
Old 06-17-03, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
My california kingsnake was very calm, the breathing was the same as ever. I didn't actually catch any of the eggs coming out but saw a few after they had just been laid. (Might have missed it by a minute or two.)
Old 06-17-03, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Steve Irwin said his Retic went into a trance, probably from all the cameras and large men!
1.1 corn snakes
Old 06-17-03, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to drewlowe Send a message via Yahoo to drewlowe
When my corn snake laid her first clutch a month ago she was very calm. Breathing was normal as i could tell. and i did get to see her lay a few of the eggs. It was pretty cool.

If you check out this link i was actually abel to get a picture of her while she was laying it. Hope you enjoy the pic.

After she was finished she didn't mind me taking out the lay box. but come next couple of feedings she was vicious she's eating like a pig right now. And she is showing a little bit of aggression but i'm sure that will go away.
1.2 Bearded dragons (Login, Raven, & Jean Grey) 1.1.1 Corn snakes(Havoc,Sable, & Kink0 1.5 Leo's (Psyloke (Lucky-male) Speedball, Domino, Rouge, Siren, Elektra) 1.0 Veiled Chams (Neo), 0.1 Rose Hair T. (Night Crawler) 0.0.3 Crested Geckos (Shiva, Storm, Beast) 0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Tigra & Cloak)
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread