sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-03, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to daver676
Yes I smoke...deal with it!

Ok, so I'm outside having a smoke break at work, and one of my co-workers on the way to her car says "It'll stunt your growth you know".

I'm curious as to how many of these comments I have to endure before I'm allowed to bitch slap one of these people upside the head! :medangry:

Dave :med2cool:

Last edited by daver676; 06-11-03 at 06:29 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 06-10-03, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm curious as to how many of these comments I have to endure before I'm allowed to bitch slap one of these people upside the head
I guess that depends on how many of us non smokers can return the slapping for the in-considerate smokers,that take 15 smoke breaks a day in addition to the regular breaks they are allowed, while i sit and work, and take up their slack.

This may not apply to you. Just usually why non-smokers make such comments.
Old 06-10-03, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

HAHA well put!!!
Old 06-10-03, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Start smokin...... Quit ya B....in.....
Old 06-10-03, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Alicewave Send a message via MSN to Alicewave Send a message via Yahoo to Alicewave
be glad you don't live in CT. We just passed a law (which I'm thrilled with BTW) that Bans smoking in bars and restaurants.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-10-03, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

This thread could become a source of amusement for some. While I was driving semis across the country delivering everything from frozen chicken to bedding plants, a group of drivers had this conversation...
What if we (the drivers) decided we were not going anywhere? Fuel, tires, taxes, food, all cost too much, so screw it we are staying here until things get better. Lock up the compound, and sit it out. Between us, we had loads of fuel, bread, milk products, meat, friut and veggies fresh and frozen, beer, soft drinks, dry goods like toilet paper and paper towel and paper cups, coffee and cigarettes. We were set for at least a couple weeks.
It was fun speculating what would happen to this country if the drivers did not deliver goods for a month. Stores would be out of milk, bread, coffee, fresh produce not to mention coffee and cigarettes. To top it all off, they are also out of toilet paper, diapers and beer. No meat to be found, and the gas pumps are empty, you cant even go anywhere to buy anything you want, and they are probably out of stock there as well.
When you look at it this way...let them smoke, drink and eat red meat...things could get ugly if they dont.
Old 06-10-03, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

You can take my red meat I can hunt for myself. You can take my toilet paper, I'll use leaves. If you touch my Beer, now thats grounds for war!!!
Old 06-10-03, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

LOL!!! Well i beleive its personal choice if one smokes or not... Personally, I quit all week and then when its the weekend and i see Shane, its all over for me and I smoke again... But this is going to end now... Not for health reasons, but for $8.50 for a 25 pack here where i live, its ridiculas... $60 - 100$ a week on smokes is like 250 - 400$ a month and that is just insane... I mean it might be stupid to smoke, but its out right stupid to spend that kind of money and get nothing back in return, except some black lungs, yellow / missing teeth and good chance of getting cancer... It just doesnt add up...

I smoke, am trying to quit and know reality... If you dont smoke, dont start, if you smoke... wake up!
Old 06-10-03, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Jeff, even if you quit, you will still be smoking at least a pack a day for 3 days on weekends when at Shanes.. Good Luck with your quitting, you have no will power HAHHAAH.. j/k
Old 06-10-03, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Smoking is badd, but if somone wants then let them!!!
Login to remove ads
Old 06-10-03, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

As far as making up slack, I do more than my share already. I don't take smoke breaks if there is work to be done, which means I don't take too many smoke breaks.

But please, all you non-smokers out there, this is my choice to smoke, and I am a curtious smoker. I smoke where there is very little if any chance of a non-smoker coming in contact with my second-hand smoke.
Old 06-10-03, 10:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to RachelS. Send a message via Yahoo to RachelS.
Last night I was in an Instant Messanger setup chatroom with me and like 5 or 6 other guys friends of mine. One was spending the night at the other's house, and they said they'd be back later and that were gonna go have a quick smoke.

I have never seen so many rude and annoying comments toward smokers. I think one of them felt like strangling everyone making comments. Ya know when you get that feeling where you can't take it anymore and you just feel like pounding someone's face into the hard concrete and knocking them out? lol, I think that's how he felt. But I told him it was their problem to deal with and not to worry about it too much.
Old 06-10-03, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed_r
I guess that depends on how many of us non smokers can return the slapping for the in-considerate smokers,that take 15 smoke breaks a day in addition to the regular breaks they are allowed, while i sit and work, and take up their slack.

This may not apply to you. Just usually why non-smokers make such comments.
No this doesn't apply to me. I'm lucky if I get 2 smoke breaks in an 8 and a half hour work day. And there is nothing stopping you from taking a break, even if you don't smoke. Don't give me all that BS about keeping up with the slack because if you really cared to say something to your boss, the problem might be solved.
Old 06-10-03, 12:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

i'm a non smoker and i could care less if other people wanna smoke. There are just certain times and places i dont like to see people light up. For instance, last week i had to go Baptism, as we were entering the church there was about 7 or 8 people standing about 3 feet from the front door all smoking. So anyone who needed to enter the church had to walk right passed and in some cases between them.. To me that's just rude and inconsiderate of them, out of respect to others they could have walked the extra 10 feet to the end of the road or even to the sidewalk.. Thats my rant :/
Old 06-10-03, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

sure comments about smoking tobacco is one thing i cant wait to hear all the comments about smoking weed. you cant smoke a cig in a resturant but you can puff a fatty walking down a crowded street. tell me this new regulation is not going to increase the amount of tokers in this province. and as far as getting black lungs yellow teeth and so on from smoking what about just walking outside your door. you have global warming so wear your sunscreen, you have west nile so wear your mesh suit, you have terroist bombings so you better have your chemical suit in your back pocket, lets not forget the smog, oh wait there is now monkey poxs for all us exotic pet owners, and how can you forget about the constant outbreaks of sars so lets not forget to where are masks, gowns, gloves and face shields. good god i am so optimistic first thing in the morning. oh and have yourself a good day.
Closed Thread