sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-03, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SerpentLust
Thumbs down Baaaad Pet Store

My best friend Steph (UnbalancedMinds) and I went to that pet store I bought the Ribbon Snake AND Montey from. And I was disgusted.

We told them that Steph is REALLY looking at a snake and wants to see the snakes they have (yes, an outright lie just to hold snakes...she would NEVER buy from them, I wouldn't let her).

So he took out two Balls that were balled together. And one looked fine. So I took a look at the other one. It had half shedded dry skin all over it's poor body. I looked at the cage and I swear it looked as dry as a dessert. The snake, other than the very horrid shed job that they were doing NOTHING about, looked literally sick to me.

And I admit, I don't know alot about snake medicine or anything. But any idiot could tell that this snake was NOT well...

Jenn
Old 06-07-03, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
Jenn sorry to hear about the ball... I hope you will make a complaint to the 'higher ups' and get something done about it. If you use phrases such as, "Your store's public image;' "increase profits;' etc. you might be able to get their attention. See my thread, "Pet Store Responds to Complaints," for other ideas. Keep us posted!
Old 06-07-03, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not to mention that I KNOW the higher ups

Jenn
Old 06-07-03, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
Jenn... use that to your advantage! Get them to see that it's in EVERYONE'S best interest to take of these creatures! Keep updating!
Old 06-07-03, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm actually going to inquire about me volunteering my time to give them better homes. Honestly it's horrid. They'll put usually shy snakes without any hides so that people will see how pretty they are. And as I said, the humidity is none exsistent. So yeah, I'm going there today to talk about the snakes.

Jenn
Old 06-07-03, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to snakemann87 Send a message via MSN to snakemann87 Send a message via Yahoo to snakemann87
surprised this isnt blocked they usualy dont allow pet store beefs on here, but I have come across a similar situtation except mine was much worse. i am not in the mood to tell bout it since it will soon be blocked
Old 06-07-03, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle

Pet store beefs are only banned when you mention the name of the establishment (law reasons). You can discuss bad, good, whatever about pet stores, just don't mention the name of the store.
Old 06-07-03, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
It's hard to find a good petstore. katey and I have found one that we sell our rats to (which is an out of the way trip for us).

May you live in interesting times.
Closed Thread