border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-03, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

oh and Tim.........the shelled chams are the best. When I am too tired to drive the kids to school in the mornings, they are the best at carrying the kids to school and they always return right afterwards. Only down fall is the neighbours are always bitching on how their trees had leaves when they left for work, ut when they return its nothing but twigs. Guess what they dont know wont hurt them
Old 06-06-03, 11:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

I hope you all realise ballpython is 13 years old (so says his information) He's a kid, hes dreaming.. All kids do. So what? he's not gonna do this. Do you honestly feel that you guys (being adults) really need to put down a 13 year old? And dont say you're not.. all the sarcasm is just rediculous. I dont agree with a 13 year old that knows absolutly nothing about the reptiles he wants to keep, keeping them either, but iam not putting him down for dreaming.

I think this whole thread is pretty immature. I dont think I would get much self assurance by picking on a kid.
Old 06-06-03, 11:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

By the way, iam not defending BP13's knowledge. I just think there is a much more friendly, and decent way of going about explaining these things to someone of any age, none the less a kid. I mean, picking on a kids spelling errors? sheesh... brutal
Old 06-06-03, 11:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

V.hb.... you wanna know why I did it? I counsel so many people about chameleons and their husbandry over the course of a day, it's not funny. I spend hours a day doing it! I'm sick of it!!!!!! Beyond that.... I have ssssooooo many sick and dying chameleons that are dumped on me here because people buy them without knowing how to care for them! I do this with my own time and finances.... and it's hard. Very hard some days.

Now, if BP13 had read a few caresheets on chameleons and still had questions about them, I'd be more than happy to answer them here on the forums. Chameleons are not easy animals to deal with.

If I have to resort to sarcasm to save that one little chameleon... I will. I have read every post by BP13 since he's joined and I've purposely stayed out of the threads. This one I just couldn't.

Trace
Old 06-06-03, 11:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to unknownclown
haha I thought it was pretty funny myself... but um... yeah mocking a 13 year old for his dreams, I mean we all were his age once and we probably all had/have the same dream as he is having and trying to fulfil right now. Hey at least he is asking for advice and willing to hear the pros and cons which is more than some kids.

Hey ballpython13 Personally I would start small and as your knowlege expands so can your collection of herps. To go full force into a hobby that you dont know much about could be harmful to the animals you keep and overwhelming on yourself. Remember there is more to just feeding and holding them if you want quality animals. Hang around and learn a few things from here and check out a few other places as well. Im fairly new to herps myself so I cant give you great advice about herps as the others here can unfortunately.

EDIT:
Oh and one more thing BP13 live food is ok if you are feeding chams but snakes its a bit dangerous and if you want to tun around and sell what you are keeping like I have seen you suggest in other threads you would be SO much better off feeding F/K or F/T otherwise you could end up with snakes with scarring making them less valuable and harder to sell, also people do look for animals who are not eating live so they themselves dont have to deal with the switch, plus an animal eating F/T is less likely to have inard critters.

Last edited by unknownclown; 06-06-03 at 12:05 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 06-06-03, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

Trace, you're a moderator and also an adult.. Dealing with the public is annoying but if you're breeding reptiles thats all part of it. Not many people are nearly as educated as others on many aspects of herping. BP13 is a kid, and wants to know more and he came here for answers.. I just dont see the point of mocking a kid over all of this, why not share your knowledge.. if you're that tired of dealing with people, why respond at all?
Old 06-06-03, 11:55 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to icequeen Send a message via Yahoo to icequeen
oh come on!

I believe every one of us wishes BP13 the best of luck with his dreams, his life, his animals....everything.
This entire thread of posts was exaggerated to the extreme.
BP13 is going to know by reading Traces very first post that none of it was factual.
BUT...it did serve a purpose. IF...just IF BP13, or anyone else came in here reading this, believing this....the overall shock, and disbelief, of it all is going to make them go and do research about the animal. If they don't believe what is written here, they will likely STILL go and research the animal, if for no other reason but to prove every one of us "immature adults" wrong.
It was all in fun...and it was funny too. I bet even BP13 will chuckle at some of the posts.
And the only negative thing that was said ABOUT BP13 was the comment about spelling chameleon incorrectly.
There was no personal attack on him. So, say what you will, none of us were picking on HIM as a person, or his desire to own a chameleon, or any other reptile for that matter.
We were over dramatizing the POTENTIAL for disaster IF a person goes into pet ownership (any pet!) uneducated.

That's all it was.
Old 06-06-03, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

Why bother......... you're right, iam wrong. Go find another 13 year old asking a question, and make an idiot out of them too!
Old 06-06-03, 12:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

refer to unknownclowns post for a real response to BP13's question.....
Old 06-06-03, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I dunno, i think purposly providing misinformation as fact isn't the right way to go about things.

May you live in interesting times.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-06-03, 12:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

I would hazard a guess that on this particular day, at that particular time, Trace's reply would of been the same whether the person asking the question was 13, or 31.
Pardon me Trace for speaking for you...and correct me if I'm wrong, but BP13's AGE had nothing to do with this.

Now, speaking only for myself:
To BP13, if any of my posts personally offended you, then I apologize. I intended no harm, and didn't mean to upset you, if I did.

Kim
Old 06-06-03, 12:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by V.hb
I just think there is a much more friendly, and decent way of going about explaining these things to someone of ANY age, none the less a kid.
Old 06-06-03, 12:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to unknownclown
I guess your right Icequeen as you said this thread did serve a purpose, it was very educational I have learned its ok to poke fun at new young people here as long as there is humor involved and nothing negative is said directly at the person being mocked. COOL I can use advice like that keep the fountain of knowlege flowing! How else can I shoot down a kid in search of advice? C'mon there must be more! Do tell.
Old 06-06-03, 12:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

You are entitled to you opinion.

I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.

I'm simply saying that <b>I</b> know that<b>I</b> wasn't trying to intentionally hurt or offend anyone. Especially BP13...which is why I apologized to BP13.

We can't all take the moral high ground all the time...and I guess today a few of us slipped up.
Old 06-06-03, 12:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

thanks to all of you who helped me(not to the ones who griped)im a kid but this is not a dream,now if you saw an adult saying this you would be helping him like crazy.We are fixiing this place up tommorow and i asked for some help now can someoen please do that?Now i said that i am THINKING about a chemilon i never said im getting one,i am 13 but that means NOTHING i can be just a heelpful as some of you.Will someone help me with what reptile to choose?
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread