border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-03, 09:35 AM   #31 (permalink)

WOW Lisa!! that would be perfect for us.. I think I'm gonna search the net to see if I can find one!
Old 05-12-03, 10:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Please Email Boots

Baby "G" It is ok not to like chams. I have been around a lot of them and yes Trace I have held one. But I am sorry they just don't do it for me. I think they are boring. Sorry all Cham keepers. But if Matt likes them then you have to compromise. That why when you want something he dosen't you can say "but you have the Cham!"-Tim
Old 05-12-03, 10:39 AM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to stormyva
It seems that I have missed or over looked a little bit of information about Chams in this thread. I have heard Chameleons referred to as the fish of the lizard world. They tend to stress easily and do better when left alone. There are some exceptions to this rule as many of the posts here show. As for a "display animal" they are that to an extent. A Chameleon can stress if the cage is placed in an area with an extreme amount of traffic. Again there are exceptions to this but most of the ones I have seen fair best in a room away from heavy traffic.
There is no doubt that they are really cool, that tongue is awesome! They are a lot of work and are not an animal to get if you want something to handle frequently.
Old 05-12-03, 11:56 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I'm thinking if a faucet isn't handy then a bucket with a spigot on it would do. make sure the bucket is higher then the cage or you won't get any pressure.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 05-12-03, 12:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Well the deal originally was, he could have a cham if we had 3 kids...(he only wants two)...lol...
..but seriously..I'd like something I could handle unlike our froggies and i've been wanting a bearded dragon for a couple months now...and since he's letting me have one (though I think he wants one as much as I do, if not more)...and he's making me the cage and everything...I say before next spring we'll have a Cham.
Login to remove ads
Old 05-12-03, 07:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Darn right we will Baby "G"

Matt
Old 05-12-03, 07:59 PM   #37 (permalink)

PS. I'm just foolin with ya

Matt
Old 05-13-03, 02:39 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by "Red-eye"_Matt
Thanks for the help in convincing her. She keeps telling me that I can have one if I'm willing to have 3 kids. lol. I don't really think that is a fair trade off though.

Matt
LMAO

Hahaha, I don't think that's a fair trade-off at all!

I've been looking into getting a chameleon myself and I've decided they're not for me. I actually finally decided on another animal after a good bit of deliberation...and discussing it with my family. I still haven't told them I already bought it though, or that he's in the basement--lol....

Anyhow...my question is, why can't you and your girlfriend just have different interests, different animals? It's not like you'll be expecting her to take on the burden of caring for your new pet...that you'll be getting anyhow because, really...they are beautiful and she's already said she's willing to give in (in the first post!)

But seriously, don't expect it to be easy to continue to care for high-needs animals with ease after you've got three kids :P If you are looking for a long-term pet...keep that in mind.

Bj
Old 05-13-03, 04:36 AM   #39 (permalink)

Bj- We both know we can have different pets...that was never an issue...we're not always going to like the same animals.....he likes rainbow boas....I like ball pythons so (eventually) we'll probably get both..

But I started this thread to hear everyone elses point of view on chams...to hear some good and some bad...just trying to get to know more or less the personality of chameleons..
If i'm gonna be living with one of these creatures..lol...I just want to know what they're like and how they act kinda thing.....

And the kids thing...that's a long ways away yet...

Oh what was the animal you decided on after?
Old 05-13-03, 06:35 AM   #40 (permalink)

I got a BCI, nuno picked him out and Aaron named him Eddie :P

btw, I have three kids, and a stepson. I'm not just blowing hot air! lol

Bj
Closed Thread